Whataburger's Gun Policy (Ugh)..........

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 32

Re: Whataburger's Gun Policy (Ugh)..........

Post by cyphertext »

dawgfishboy wrote:
cyphertext wrote:With your logic, the whole state is infringing on your right... when are you leaving? :txflag:
this is just sad.
"rlol" It was a joke, or snarky line... lighten up Francis. :cheers2:

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TXBO »

Right2Carry wrote:I can just imagine what this topic would look like if Whataburger had chosen to allow open carry but posted a 30.06 sign? I can hear it now.
I'd be just fine with that.... As long as you don't ask me to leave it in the car. Tucked?.... Untucked?...No problem.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Right2Carry wrote:
jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:I can just imagine what this topic would look like if Whataburger had chosen to allow open carry but posted a 30.06 sign? I can hear it now.
What difference would it make as long as you were still able to defend yourself and your family?
I am sure we would be having the same discussion just in reverse. There would be unhappy campers.
This argument doesn't even make any sense. Why would you allow OC, but not CC? But, let's run with it for a minute. Let's say we live in your bizzaro world, where Texas has had a license for OC since 1995, and they were just now passing CC with a license. If you currently have a OC license, you can CC at the beginning of next year and Whataburger says that they won't allow CC, but OC is still fine...

I would imagine that the majority would keep on doing what we have been doing since 1995...

mojo84
Posts in topic: 33

Post by mojo84 »

cyphertext wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
jmra wrote:
What difference would it make as long as you were still able to defend yourself and your family?
I am sure we would be having the same discussion just in reverse. There would be unhappy campers.
This argument doesn't even make any sense. Why would you allow OC, but not CC? But, let's run with it for a minute. Let's say we live in your bizzaro world, where Texas has had a license for OC since 1995, and they were just now passing CC with a license. If you currently have a OC license, you can CC at the beginning of next year and Whataburger says that they won't allow CC, but OC is still fine...

I would imagine that the majority would keep on doing what we have been doing since 1995...
There are actually states that allow unlicensed open carry and require a license to conceal. I think Georgia may be one. I also saw the other day you can carry openly in schools in Michigan but not concealed. Seems crazy to me but I believe that is the case in some places.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Taypo »

mojo84 wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
jmra wrote:

There are actually states that allow unlicensed open carry and require a license to conceal. I think Georgia may be one. I also saw the other day you can carry openly in schools in Michigan but not concealed. Seems crazy to me but I believe that is the case in some places.
Georgia just signed a law into effect that pretty much says you can open carry wherever you want. Maybe some folks should start house hunting.

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dragonfighter »

cyphertext wrote:... lighten up Francis. :cheers2:
:clapping:
I understand this reference!
:mrgreen:
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TXBO »

mojo84 wrote: There are actually states that allow unlicensed open carry and require a license to conceal. I think Georgia may be one. I also saw the other day you can carry openly in schools in Michigan but not concealed. Seems crazy to me but I believe that is the case in some places.
That is how Arizona was when I lived there in the 90's.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Taypo »

TXBO wrote:
mojo84 wrote: There are actually states that allow unlicensed open carry and require a license to conceal. I think Georgia may be one. I also saw the other day you can carry openly in schools in Michigan but not concealed. Seems crazy to me but I believe that is the case in some places.
Same here. I remember living there for quite a while before I saw an OC type. Definitely wasn't a daily occurrence

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

TXBO wrote:
Now that I think about it, I think NM was the same when I lived there in the 90's... never bothered to find out about CC though, since OC was legal.

I guess my point is though that I would continue to carry in whatever legal way that the property owner allowed me to while on their property.

dawgfishboy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dawgfishboy »

cyphertext wrote:I guess my point is though that I would continue to carry in whatever legal way that the property owner allowed me to while on their property.
:thumbs2:

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 10

Post by EEllis »

AggieDad15 wrote:Lots of beating dead horses here on all sides. I think everyone who disagrees will always disagree.

I think what POed most people the most about Whataburger's decision, was their decision to politicize it - to pander to the liberal Mommies and leftists with this announcement - but yet trying to play both sides of the fence by saying CHL was OK.

I don't know about you guys and gals, but I don't much like politics, especially when it comes from a two-faced corporation who is trying to have it both ways or entertainers like the Dixie Chicks who bash our president in Europe.

This letter, as posted by ziravan on FreeRepublic, pretty much sums up my feelings on this.

My letter to Whataburger:

I normally eat at least one meal a week at one of your locations. I will not patronize Whataburger again until you officially cease your attack on gun rights in Texas.

You made a political statement with your announcement on open carry. I will make mine and exclude you from the list of businesses where I spend my hard earned money.

In some ways, I might even agree with you. I conceal carry and would not think to open carry, even after it becomes legal. I can see from where your concerns come. Nevertheless, timing is everything and by being first, loudest, and uniquely Texan, you are trading off your business model to send a political message.

Whether I agree that open carry is right for me or your business, I support it politically. The timing and nature of your statement on open carry goes beyond your private property rights; you’ve sent a political message and one where we disagree.

So, because you unilaterally decided to place politics between us, I have no choice but to respond in kind. Until you remove the politics you placed between us, we are opponents and I can no longer financially support a business who doesn’t see the common sense in keeping politics from ruining our relationship.

80 posted on 7/13/2015, 2:39:21 PM by ziravan (Choose Sides.)

As for me, their decision to announce this to the world in a patronizing move to the liberals, instead of just quietly posting a 3007 on January 1, will lose my life-long business forever. If they had been quiet and just posted a 3007 on Jan 1, but no 3006, I probably wouldn't have objected much. As for you, you can do whatever you please.
Wow, just Wow. Someone leaked a document then they were badgered from all sides and reluctantly they reaffirmed their position which most likely was more about CJ than MDA and you blame them? And by the way people can make decisions you don't like for reasons that have nothing to do with them being cowards or folding under pressure. That comments seems to just be you lashing out having no real evidence that I've seen. Honestly it was seemingly just you being unpleasant to someone who you disagree with. It's unseemly.

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Dragonfighter wrote:
I need to know, who is our big toe in this scenario?
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Richbirdhunter wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:
I need to know, who is our big toe in this scenario?
:lol:: :thumbs2: Well, I think the big toe around here would be Charles Cotton!

gljjt
Posts in topic: 11

Post by gljjt »

Again, this isn't about guns. It's about selling hamburgers. Some devious types, in parallel with, but not a jointly planned effort with, some overzealous gun rights activists forced a decision to be made that WB felt was in the best interest of maintaing their primary function. Selling hamburgers.

jmra
Posts in topic: 40

Post by jmra »

gljjt wrote:Again, this isn't about guns. It's about selling hamburgers. Some devious types, in parallel with, but not a jointly planned effort with, some overzealous gun rights activists forced a decision to be made that WB felt was in the best interest of maintaing their primary function. Selling hamburgers.
:iagree:
Hopefully people will be mature enough to honor the wishes of the privately owned business and simply cover up or go elsewhere. No sense in feeding the OCT/Blomburg crowd by making a scene.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”