Whataburger's Gun Policy (Ugh)..........

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmra
Posts in topic: 40

Re: Whataburger's Gun Policy (Ugh)..........

Post by jmra »

bulinm wrote:I know what's in the law. I just suggested that they SHOULD post the proper signage. Don't you think they should ?
I think they should let people know that they don't want OC in their store. The law provides several methods for doing so. As long as they use one of those methods then they have let people know.
I would believe at this point the vast majority of the dozens of people who were planning on OCing in Whataburger after the first of the year are aware that OC is not welcome.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

AggieDad15
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AggieDad15 »

bulinm wrote:I know what's in the law. I just suggested that they SHOULD post the proper signage. Don't you think they should ?

:iagree:

I agree that they should post loud and proud their huge 3007 signs which advertise that they no longer want my money, yes! Curious they're only discriminating against Texas OC, and not the other states they are in that have OC.

bulinm
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bulinm »

When I see a 30.06 sign, I know not to cross the threshold. See that way, I don't have to keep abreast of
the corporate policies of a particular business, well, every business. If Channel 4 did a story saying that Home Depot
didn't want concealed carry in their stores, everybody on this forum would be screaming that they should put up a 30.06 sign,
and rightfully so. Why is this different ?

But we're talking about open carry ( licensed open carry of handguns ), and those of us who might choose to open carry
( licensed open carry of handguns ) every once in a while are automatically...what ?....Wrong ? Stupid ?

The dozens of us who might choose that mode of carry appreciate your input.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 33

Post by mojo84 »

AggieDad15 wrote:

I agree that they should post loud and proud their huge 3007 signs which advertise that they no longer want my money, yes! Curious they're only discriminating against Texas OC, and not the other states they are in that have OC.

How do you know this?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Maybe they'd rather use the other methods prescribed by law to deal with a handful of individuals than expose ten of thousands of customers to signage that means absolutely nothing to them.
As far as a company stating on channel 4 that they don't want CC instead of posting 30.06...that actually works very well for me. "rlol"
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

What Whataburger "should" or "shouldn't" do is up to them, not the vocal, VERY SMALL minority insist on what they should do.

One of things changing the face of America is that tiny minority, irrespective of the cause, zealously insist their way is the ONLY way.

Well, tiny minority, you don't rule America, though you insist otherwise...

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 32

Post by cyphertext »

AggieDad15 wrote:

Most other states don't have militant OC yahoos running around with rifles... OCT created this problem.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

bulinm wrote:When I see a 30.06 sign, I know not to cross the threshold. See that way, I don't have to keep abreast of
the corporate policies of a particular business, well, every business. If Channel 4 did a story saying that Home Depot
didn't want concealed carry in their stores, everybody on this forum would be screaming that they should put up a 30.06 sign,

But we're talking about open carry ( licensed open carry of handguns ), and those of us who might choose to open carry
( licensed open carry of handguns ) every once in a while are automatically...what ?....Wrong ? Stupid ?

Because with CC, without a sign they must verbally notify you, and unless they have someone posted at the door telling everyone that they are not welcome to carry the firearm, you probably won't receive notice. The gun is concealed, no one feels threatened, etc.

However, with OC, why post? Few will OC anyway, and just tell those that do that they are not welcome with the firearm. You are kinda easy to spot and give verbal notice to...

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Right2Carry »

cyphertext wrote:
bulinm wrote:When I see a 30.06 sign, I know not to cross the threshold. See that way, I don't have to keep abreast of

Because with CC, without a sign they must verbally notify you, and unless they have someone posted at the door telling everyone that they are not welcome to carry the firearm, you probably won't receive notice. The gun is concealed, no one feels threatened, etc.

However, with OC, why post? Few will OC anyway, and just tell those that do that they are not welcome with the firearm. You are kinda easy to spot and give verbal notice to...
Most employees won't even notice.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

jmra

Post by jmra »

cyphertext wrote:

Exactly.
My church will not be posting 30.07 signs but we will also not allow OC. There are several reasons we will not post signs (including it would take over 40 signs to post every entrance). But the main reason we will not be posting signs is because the signs will only be meaningful/applicable to one or two people a year. We can address those individually instead of exposing thousands 24/7/365 to signs that are meaningless to them.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jmra

Post by jmra »

Right2Carry wrote:
cyphertext wrote:

But at some point someone will.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
cyphertext wrote:

The law states what they must do at that point if they want the person to leave.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Right2Carry wrote:
jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
cyphertext wrote:

The law states what they must do at that point if they want the person to leave.
Exactly... they must provide verbal notice at that time... no sign needed and perfectly within the law.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

cyphertext wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
cyphertext wrote:

Exactly... they must provide verbal notice at that time... no sign needed and perfectly within the law.
One can enter concealed, eat, and then open carry on the way out and perfectly within the law provided no 30.07 sign is posted.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 33

Post by mojo84 »

Right2Carry wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
cyphertext wrote:

One can enter concealed, eat, and then open carry on the way out and perfectly within the law provided no 30.07 sign is posted.
That would fall in the childish and detrimental categories.
Last edited by mojo84 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”