Why Is It?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Why Is It?

Post by anygunanywhere »

Most of you know I retired a year ago. An ex-colleague who left the company I retired from called me about a month ago and offered me work for an obscene amount of money. An offer I couldn't refuse.

I filled out the new employee paperwork for the consulting firm that hired me today.

[rant]
Why is it that I have to prove my citizenship to the Department of Homeland Security? I was born here and have worked a job since I was 15 years old.

I have to prove citizenship to work but it is now unconstitutional to require proof of citizenship to vote????????????

I am growing really weary of the hypocrisy coming out of the government. REALLY weary.

This ain't right.

[/rant]

Now that the rant is over, the definition of a consultant is someone who tells you what time it is using your own watch.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

rbwhatever1

Re: Why Is It?

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I wonder if they ask that in sanctuary cities. Congrats on the fluffy job!
III

jbcummings

Post by jbcummings »

Now that the rant is over, the definition of a consultant is someone who tells you what time it is using your own watch
You forgot the part about "... and charge you for it!" :biggrinjester:

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

I too work as a 3rd party and every time I go to a new project for a new company I have to go through all the bells and whistles...drug test, credentials check, etc. , and on top of it all, I have to pay $130 every 5 years for a TWIC clearance!

Im often reminded that I have to go through way more validation to pay for welfare, then those who draw it - or put another way, I have to be drug tested to buy drugs for those who cant get a job because they use drugs.

Not the country I was born in. :mad5
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Return to “Off-Topic”