Whataburger's Gun Policy (Ugh)..........

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

suthdj
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Whataburger's Gun Policy (Ugh)..........

Post by suthdj »

Order your food sit down and tuck in :evil2: Yes i am joking for those of you with no sense of humor.
Last edited by suthdj on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Taypo,

Thanks for the link.

I read WB's position and think it reasonable.

For those who MUST o.c., buy yer burgers elsewhere or go through the drive thru.

Easy.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Abraham wrote:Taypo,

Thanks for the link.

I read WB's position and think it reasonable.

For those who MUST o.c., buy yer burgers elsewhere or go through the drive thru.

Easy.
:iagree: Conceal it and be happy.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 33

Post by mojo84 »

I think the last paragraph says a lot. Many businesses feel like they are caught in the middle. I respect their decision and will continue to eat there on occasion as I do now.

If one doesn't want to comply, one should go elsewhere. There is no reason to make a big stink about it.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

PBR
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PBR »

This sucks really but I never go in just use the drive thru.
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

LDB415
Posts in topic: 7

Post by LDB415 »

WinoVeritas wrote:As a licensed CC'er, please remind me why I should care about this. :thumbs2:
How about because it's an infringement, as well as an affront to honest, law abiding citizens. Either I and my firearm are welcome in every way allowed or we are not welcome at all and I will not spend one penny with an anti-legal-gun establishment. This makes them no different than a business posting a 30.06 and it makes anyone supporting them an anti-gun supporter.

p.s. Yours was the first post I got to that called for such a response. This isn't directed exclusively at you. It's directed at anyone and everyone who would patronize Whataburger from this point forward knowing they have decided to go to the dark side.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

winters
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by winters »

How about open carrying through the drive through? lol. I try to avoid going inside at all costs. Unless your in a good part of town they always seem to have the shadiest people eating inside and hanging around the outside of their stores.

I cant believe the amount of anti gun comments on the story the chron posted on their website.

Though I don't agree they respect the peoples 2nd amendment rights and banning open carry.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

LDB415 wrote:
WinoVeritas wrote:As a licensed CC'er, please remind me why I should care about this. :thumbs2:
How about because it's an infringement, as well as an affront to honest, law abiding citizens. Either I and my firearm are welcome in every way allowed or we are not welcome at all and I will not spend one penny with an anti-legal-gun establishment. This makes them no different than a business posting a 30.06 and it makes anyone supporting them an anti-gun supporter.

p.s. Yours was the first post I got to that called for such a response. This isn't directed exclusively at you. It's directed at anyone and everyone who would patronize Whataburger from this point forward knowing they have decided to go to the dark side.
Whataburger expressly allows concealed-carry while prohibiting open-carry. That's not the same thing as "posting a 30.06" sign as you state. They are making a business decision out of a concern that open-carry could/would hurt their business. That's not an infringement on any right nor is it an affront to anyone. I realize you feel it is, but that's your opinion and I suspect it is not shared by many. Your any gun, anywhere, anytime by anyone is a philosophy that few in the general public accept and that is the reality facing every business owner. I would agree with you if Whataburger banned both concealed and open carry, because that would deny honest citizens the ability to defend themselves and their families.

We also have to acknowledge that Whataburger is fully aware of the atmosphere created by OCT demonstrations. The decision was not made in a vacuum.

Chas.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

Open carriers have set a bad... in-your-face ..... example.
Do you want Kory and his OCTC buddies carrying AT your customers? I don't.

I plan to continue my business with companies that prohibit OC but allow CC, at least for a while.
I'll talk with management, be a good example, try to repair the damage.

Ignorance and fear can be more quickly corrected with education and grace than by avoidance and angry protest.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Taypo »

LDB415 wrote:

Little extreme, don't you think?

This kind of all or nothing attitude does nothing but further alienate CC folks from the OC folks. There's already a rift forming for those that pay attention.

Whataburger made a business decision and made it public in a way that is both intelligent and measured. They WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY to let us know our CC weapons are welcomed, yet you're exaggerating that into an anti-gun stance and comparing them to a posted location. Militant statements ike this do nothing positive and further the agenda that OC is for crackpots.

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deltaboy »

Well,I just keep it under cover. :txflag:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

We ate in a Whataburger once. It was a long time ago, long before I had a CHL. :grumble

gljjt
Posts in topic: 11

Post by gljjt »

Taypo wrote:
gljjt wrote:
Javier730 wrote:
gljjt wrote:
gljjt wrote:
Javier730 wrote:
gljjt wrote:
Jim Beaux wrote:
Double Naught Spy wrote:For those of you who think that when a business opens their private property doors to the public that they lose some of their private property rights, you are 100% correct.

You are also 100% wrong in thinking that they lose control over the gun issue, however. It is all stipulated in the law. How hard is that to understand? It isn't you who is being discriminated against, but your gun. Your gun has no rights and your right to carry a gun in somebody else's business stops at the door if that is what they wish.

A business loses certain rights being open to the public and the public loses certain rights when going onto the property of another individual or entity.
Explain what rights are lost.
Free speech. Bad mouth a business on their property and see what happens. Continually have vocal outbursts in a movie theater and see what happens. Preach in mall and see what happens.
You do not lose your right to free speech. The businesses have the right to kick you out is what happens. You can be asked to leave and you can go on bad mouthing or preaching.
You are playing with semantics. No you haven't lost your true free speech rights, but you don't have the same "rights" on private property that you have on your property or most public property.
By your argument, if the government restricts our firearms to our own homes, we don't lose our 2nd amendment rights, after all you can always go ho me!
There is a big difference between what the government restricts and what businesses restrict on their property. You are playing with semantics.
Nope. You are missing the point. The point is Constitutionally defined freedoms are not absolute.
The right to OC in Whataburger is Constitutionally defined?
Of course not. Neither is talking. Or praying. That's my point. Some believe their RKBA is absolute. It's not. I'm done.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Taypo »

I highly encourage y'all to head over to Whataburger's Facebook page and check out the comments that the Open Carry folks are blasting over there. As a Texan and a CHL holder, I'm relatively embarrassed to be associated with some of these people.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Taypo wrote:I highly encourage y'all to head over to Whataburger's Facebook page and check out the comments that the Open Carry folks are blasting over there. As a Texan and a CHL holder, I'm relatively embarrassed to be associated with some of these people.
I don't understand the infatuation some people have that want to walk around showing their gun, as if saying look at me. It borders on bizarre. As long as one is able to carry, who cares.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”