Plano CHL Arrested After Road Rage Shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jbcummings
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Plano CHL Arrested After Road Rage Shooting

Post by jbcummings »

I happened to sit through a workshop Wednsday evening. The lawyer that was talking hinted that this story isn't over and what was first reported wasn't complete. Apparently the 'victim' the media has fawned over was also armed and may have started the incident. Which may explain why this guy not only called 911 himself, but stayed in his car and waited for the police to show up.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Beiruty »

jbcummings wrote:I happened to sit through a workshop Wednsday evening. The lawyer that was talking hinted that this story isn't over and what was first reported wasn't complete. Apparently the 'victim' the media has fawned over was also armed and may have started the incident. Which may explain why this guy not only called 911 himself, but stayed in his car and waited for the police to show up.
Interesting. :skep:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

jbcummings wrote:I happened to sit through a workshop Wednsday evening. The lawyer that was talking hinted that this story isn't over and what was first reported wasn't complete. Apparently the 'victim' the media has fawned over was also armed and may have started the incident. Which may explain why this guy not only called 911 himself, but stayed in his car and waited for the police to show up.
Makes sense to me - I never bought the "all I did was honk my horn" bull.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

joe817
Posts in topic: 3

Post by joe817 »

Sounds like the accused is trying to set himself up for a self-defense plea. Hmmmm....interesting.

We'll just have to wait & see.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

So who would ask the Allen PD to release the 911 voice call?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

joe817
Posts in topic: 3

Post by joe817 »

Sounds like the accused is trying to set himself up for a self-defense plea. Hmmmm....interesting.

We'll just have to wait & see. I'd like to see that claim verified in a credible news source. ;-) And where was that first reported?
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

joe817 wrote: We'll just have to wait & see. I'd like to see that claim verified in a credible news source. ;-) And where was that first reported?
Credible news source? Which planet would that be from? :biggrinjester:

As usual, no opinion from me until all the evidence is in and the jury has spoken.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

jmra wrote:
I have heard some of the same here locally. Unverified, "my friend that knows a friend's cousin who saw it all" stuff, but there is a possibility that she didn't just drive around him and toot, but swerved aggressively while riding the horn and waving something at him.

BTW, the Allen paper never mentioned a CHL and did get the intersection right.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

jimlongley wrote:
jmra wrote:
I have heard some of the same here locally. Unverified, "my friend that knows a friend's cousin who saw it all" stuff, but there is a possibility that she didn't just drive around him and toot, but swerved aggressively while riding the horn and waving something at him.

If it does turn out to represent a bona-fide self-defense scenario, what are the odds the media sets it straight?

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
jimlongley wrote:
jmra wrote:

If it does turn out to represent a bona-fide self-defense scenario, what are the odds the media sets it straight?
Slim and none. And Slim left town.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”