Plano CHL Arrested After Road Rage Shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Plano CHL Arrested After Road Rage Shooting

Post by jmra »

C-dub wrote:
jmra wrote:Will be interesting to see if he had a Texas CHL or a permit issued by another state. The story kept referring to a concealed handgun permit. With the publicity that CHL has gotten lately I can't help but wonder if the word permit was intentional.
If it is an out of state permit, I wonder if they can or how easy it will be to get it revoked or suspended?
no clue. I'm probably reading too much into the use of the word permit instead of license.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

jmra wrote:
C-dub wrote:
jmra wrote:Will be interesting to see if he had a Texas CHL or a permit issued by another state. The story kept referring to a concealed handgun permit. With the publicity that CHL has gotten lately I can't help but wonder if the word permit was intentional.
If it is an out of state permit, I wonder if they can or how easy it will be to get it revoked or suspended?
no clue. I'm probably reading too much into the use of the word permit instead of license.
Might be. It is the media after all. They get very few facts correct.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

C-dub wrote:
jimlongley wrote:Just reread the article, and now I am going to have to call Felty and see who gave out the location. There is no such intersection in Allen.
About 1\4 mile or less east of 75.
Greenville is just over 9/10 of a mile from 75, but there is no intersection with McDermott.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

C-dub wrote:
Probably irrelevant if he is convicted and goes to the slammer.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jimlongley wrote:
C-dub wrote:
jimlongley wrote:Just reread the article, and now I am going to have to call Felty and see who gave out the location. There is no such intersection in Allen.
Greenville is just over 9/10 of a mile from 75, but there is no intersection with McDermott.
I don't know what else to say. I'm looking right at it on google maps. East McDermott Dr. ends and becomes East Main where Greenville switches between north and south. And there is a Valero gas station right there on the southeast corner where they pulled into according to the article.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jmra

Post by jmra »

anygunanywhere wrote:
C-dub wrote:
I was just wondering if he got one from another state that doesn't cover de-escalation.
On a side note - not justifying the guys behavior, but who wants to bet the woman did a little more than bump her horn?
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

jmra wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
C-dub wrote:
I was just wondering if he got one from another state that doesn't cover de-escalation.
On a side note - not justifying the guys behavior, but who wants to bet the woman did a little more than bump her horn?
I see your point on the deescalation.

I won't take your bet on the woman.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

MechAg94 wrote:
AlaskanInTexas wrote:As far as I am concerned, if you fire four rounds into the back of someone's car for no reason other than being cut off, you deserve the same penalty as murder would bring. For the life of me, I don't know why bad shots get dealt more leniency than good shots.

I bet that guy's ears are still ringing. Setting off a .45 inside my car is just about the last thing I ever want to do, let alone four times.
No. Punishment is based mostly on what actually was done as it should be. If you go by intent, you will have to start guessing and imagining what you think the suspects intent was. There isn't anything beyond a reasonable doubt in that.
That doesn't make any sense to me. I don't have to guess or imagine about anything. He intended to send four .45 caliber bullets through the back window of a car. That was what was actually done. Whether one of those bullets hit her or not is irrelevant in my book with regard to the penalty he should face.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jmra wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
C-dub wrote:
I can only imagine that she might have let a bird or two get away, but shooting through his windshield into her car? I can't imagine what it would take short of someone backing up into me multiple times or coming at me with a gun before I'd try that.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

C-dub wrote:
jimlongley wrote:
C-dub wrote:
I don't know what else to say. I'm looking right at it on google maps. East McDermott Dr. ends and becomes East Main where Greenville switches between north and south. And there is a Valero gas station right there on the southeast corner where they pulled into according to the article.
Then Google Maps is wrong, McDermott ends where it joins Main, 1/10 of a mile short of Greenville, there is no interssection of McDermott and Greenville.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

jmra

Post by jmra »

C-dub wrote:
jmra wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
C-dub wrote:
I can only imagine that she might have let a bird or two get away, but shooting through his windshield into her car? I can't imagine what it would take short of someone backing up into me multiple times or coming at me with a gun before I'd try that.
:iagree:
The dude is definately wacked.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sugar land dave »

AJSully421 wrote:Thanks Cleaven.......
Yes, I understand the thought.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Keith B »

jimlongley wrote:
C-dub wrote:
I am sure the reporter looked at the map and not the police report.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

C-dub wrote:
jmra wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Might be. It is the media after all. They get very few facts correct.
It is not about facts... it is about selling ad space in news papers or online / commercial air time on TV and Radio.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Maybe the instructor of his CHL course, if any, has to be investigated. Or, maybe he should be on Laxapro.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”