Plano CHL Arrested After Road Rage Shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Plano CHL Arrested After Road Rage Shooting

Post by SA_Steve »

I cut off a guy once, unintentionally. I move over into an empty lane to obey the "slow down and/or move over for a cop car on the shoulder" law. Unfortunately there was a guy in a small rent car who was doing well over 100 mph topping the hill behind me. Some crazy stuff started then.

I let the guy live, even though he did lots of swerve in front and slam on the brakes tricks and my big old truck could have killed him. This was on I-85 in Atlanta and by careful driving I was able to exit the freeway and bail after several miles of this crap. Where's a cop when you need one ?

There are people on the very edge of sanity driving out there.
You may have the last word.

AlaskanInTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

As far as I am concerned, if you fire four rounds into the back of someone's car for no reason other than being cut off, you deserve the same penalty as murder would bring. For the life of me, I don't know why bad shots get dealt more leniency than good shots.

I bet that guy's ears are still ringing. Setting off a .45 inside my car is just about the last thing I ever want to do, let alone four times.

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Keith B »

I am sure he will be charged with Deadly Conduct under Texas Penal Code § 22.05. http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/5/22/22.05" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

Keith B wrote:I am sure he will be charged with Deadly Conduct under Texas Penal Code § 22.05. http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/5/22/22.05" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It sounds like he has already been charged with aggravated assault under Texas Penal Code Sec. 22.02. This is a 2nd degree felony (2 - 20 years); whereas deadly conduct is a 3rd degree felony (2 - 10 years).

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MechAg94 »

AlaskanInTexas wrote:As far as I am concerned, if you fire four rounds into the back of someone's car for no reason other than being cut off, you deserve the same penalty as murder would bring. For the life of me, I don't know why bad shots get dealt more leniency than good shots.

I bet that guy's ears are still ringing. Setting off a .45 inside my car is just about the last thing I ever want to do, let alone four times.
No. Punishment is based mostly on what actually was done as it should be. If you go by intent, you will have to start guessing and imagining what you think the suspects intent was. There isn't anything beyond a reasonable doubt in that.

The guy apparently pulled over and admitted what he had done to the officer on the scene. He may have a sharp temper, but he calmed down pretty quick.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I wondered what woke me up, I thought it was shots.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Just reread the article, and now I am going to have to call Felty and see who gave out the location. There is no such intersection in Allen.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Javier730
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Javier730 »

Lock him up and throw away the key. That man is a danger to anyone in his vicinity. Could you imagine if someone accidentally bumped him in a store or accidentally spilled a drink on him in a restaurant? Maximum sentence for every charge please.
Last edited by Javier730 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rtschl »

I hope he has a jury of his "chl" peers. It would be the maximum sentence allowed. What an idiot. :banghead:
Ron
NRA Member

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

Will be interesting to see if he had a Texas CHL or a permit issued by another state. The story kept referring to a concealed handgun permit. With the publicity that CHL has gotten lately I can't help but wonder if the word permit was intentional.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

jmra, that's a good question. I didn't pck up on that. It may mean something and may not. Would be interesting to know.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jimlongley wrote:Just reread the article, and now I am going to have to call Felty and see who gave out the location. There is no such intersection in Allen.
About 1\4 mile or less east of 75.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:jmra, that's a good question. I didn't pck up on that. It may mean something and may not. Would be interesting to know.
:iagree:
It probably doesn't mean anything, I just thought it was odd.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jmra wrote:Will be interesting to see if he had a Texas CHL or a permit issued by another state. The story kept referring to a concealed handgun permit. With the publicity that CHL has gotten lately I can't help but wonder if the word permit was intentional.
If it is an out of state permit, I wonder if they can or how easy it will be to get it revoked or suspended?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “The Crime Blotter”