June 2015

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Kdward
Posts in topic: 2

June 2015

Post by Kdward »

Checked CHL status online this morning at 10:00. Nothing. Like always. But I did a check at 10:00 pm and I got a status change! Timeline-
May 10 2015 chl-100 submitted. Along with checklist.
May 10 2015 Chl application to dps submitted.
May 13 2015 fingerprints submitted.
June 3 2015 status change.
Now I wait for the plastic in the mail. From Austin to Montgomery county. Should only take a few days!! Looking forward to carrying my beretta PX4 Storm sub compact 40 S&W. Or my Glock 23. With my [Pre-paid legal service] I feel that if I do have to use force I will be covered. :iagree: not only when I'm carrying, but also if I am at home and someone breaks in to my house. I've been watching this forum for months now. Like a sponge soaking up as much information as possible I hope my update helps others as the waiting room has helped me. Almost free of this room for good.

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Re: June 2015

Post by jmra »

Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
Kdward

Post by Kdward »

Next day plastic in hand. Goodbye waiting room.

winsum45

Post by winsum45 »

New Texas resident from Michigan and hold ... held a Michigan CPL:

05/27/15 - Class

... - wait for Texas D/L to arrive for audit number

05/30/15 - D/L arrived! Online DPS Register/Application, fingerprint scheduled
06/02/15 - Electronic fingerprints/photo, support documents emailed
06/04/15 - Received email that support documents received; no online status update as of yet

<insert Jeopardy music here>

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by joe817 »

Welcome to the forum Kdward & winsum45! Glad to have you 2 with us! :tiphat: There's a wealth of information on this forum & a great bunch of guys & gals to get to know.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Bruin98
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Bruin98 »

Completed online application and paid fee 5/27
Fingerprinted 5/30
Completed and passed class 6/3
Mailed in CH100 yesterday (instructor said better to mail it in than attach, plus I couldn't access my account because I was getting a wait sufficient time notice).
Sent it certified so they should get it 6/8.
Waiting period should begin on 6/9 hopefully.

**As an aside, how concerned should I be that a lady in my class passed who in my estimation did not hit the 175 points required to hit the target? She was shooting next to me and there are 51 holes on my target. One of them belongs to her. It's the only one not in an 8, 9 or 10 hole.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Bruin98 wrote:Completed online application and paid fee 5/27
Fingerprinted 5/30
Mailed in CH100 yesterday (instructor said better to mail it in than attach, plus I couldn't access my account because I was getting a wait sufficient time notice).

**As an aside, how concerned should I be that a lady in my class passed who in my estimation did not hit the 175 points required to hit the target? She was shooting next to me and there are 51 holes on my target. One of them belongs to her. It's the only one not in an 8, 9 or 10 hole.
Welcome to the forum. If it were me I wouldn't give the woman a second thought.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mikeloc

Post by mikeloc »

Bruin98 wrote:Completed online application and paid fee 5/27
Fingerprinted 5/30

Why would you think she didn't get 175. It's awful hard not too; even with your eyes closed.

Bruin98
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Bruin98 »

I'm not saying she didn't. I just know it was real close since I got some really good looks at her target. The hitting my target, and the three holes in white where she (I hope) was attempting a head shot would give her a high score of 230 if she stayed 8+ on all other shots, which I know wasn't the case. If she did pass, she hit that number right on the head.

We shot in two groups of 8. I had the best in my group, and I'm what I would call a decent shot. The other group had a lot (5) of ex-military and new police in it--really would've liked to been in that group so I could get a better baseline of where I am. I head the marine blew out the x and had 1 9.

She couldn't load her magazine. I thought this was an automatic fail. The instructor loaded the first two for her to show her how and then loaded the majority of the remaining magazines just to keep our group on pace.

I'm all for her carrying without needing the test (I'm a constitutional carry advocate myself), but if she's out defending herself while I'm nearby--I'm running for cover.
Last edited by Bruin98 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Bruin98 wrote:I'm not saying she didnt--but if she did she hit that number right on the head. We shot in two groups of 8. I had the best in my group, and I'm what I would call a decent shot. The other group had a lot (5) of ex-military and new police in it--really would've liked to been in that group so I could get a better baseline of where I am. I head the marine blew out the x and had 1 9.

She couldn't load her magazine. I thought this was an automatic fail. The instructor loaded the first two for her to show her how and then loaded the majority of the remaining magazines just to keep our group on pace.

I'm all for her carrying without needing the test (I'm a constitutional carry advocate myself), but if she's out defending herself while I'm nearby--I'm running for cover.
There is no requirement to load your own magazines.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mikeloc

Post by mikeloc »

Bruin98 wrote:I'm not saying she didnt--but if she did she hit that number right on the head. We shot in two groups of 8. I had the best in my group, and I'm what I would call a decent shot. The other group had a lot (5) of ex-military and new police in it--really would've liked to been in that group so I could get a better baseline of where I am. I head the marine blew out the x and had 1 9.

Good reply. There is nothing in the requirements in the law that say you have to load you own magazine. My wife is a CHL instructor and when we took the instructor renewal class in 2009 the DPS range officer had a state trooper load all her magazines. When we when back in 2011 to renew they had her load one magazine and a trooper loaded the rest. She shot 247 and 249 respectively, but she had cataracts at the time.

CATI

Post by CATI »

4/19/15 @ rough 11:45 pm - Online App & Payment
4/21/15 Fingerprinting
4/22/15 CHL Class
4/22/15 Uploaded CHL-100
4/23/15 to 6/7/15 Almost died several times from anticipation
6/8/15 Status change on website
6/8/15 Checked mailbox - plastic IN HAND! WOO HOO! :hurry:

6/3/15 was 30 actually business days so I don't think the wait was really too bad although it was tough.

Now for a wallywalk. :txflag:

jmra

Post by jmra »

Congrats
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

kells81

Post by kells81 »

So far...
4-13 CHL application online
4-15 Fingerprints
5-16 CHL Class and submit
5-18 confirmation email after submitting supporting documents (Class paper and DD214)

6-10 The CHL status website thing offers me options to change address and report lost/stolen license
6-11 Card in mailbox
From what I have read thats the last step but who knows. I had a couple of entries for employment in Afghanistan and Iraq that were just GPS locations so I figured a flag would have been thrown on those.

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

6/3/15 Application submitted online, confirmation message received.
6/9/15 Fingerprints completed
6/11/15 CHL class complete
6/12/15 Uploaded CHL-100, FAST, DD-214
6/12/15 Supplemental documents confirmation message received.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”