SB11 & HB910 This week....

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

NorthTexas
Posts in topic: 15

Re: SB11 & HB910 This week....

Post by NorthTexas »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Alma Allen has a doctoral degree!!? That is shocking and reprehensible.

Chas.
"rlol" "rlol"
NRA Life Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 63

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Alma Allen has a doctoral degree!!? That is shocking and reprehensible.

Chas.

from an accredited university or the one of those online degree mills? Doesn't say much for the school.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
safety1
Posts in topic: 114

Post by safety1 »

Guns will make it safer, win win!
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

jmra
Posts in topic: 78

Post by jmra »

Mahzik wrote:

Chas.
Probably ceremonial only!
Makes you wonder if everyone is held to the same standards when completing the requirements.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
safety1

Post by safety1 »

more emails.......dear Lord!
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 33

Post by canvasbck »

LOL, Giddings has her speech on her phone
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

cprems
Posts in topic: 15

Post by cprems »

I agree - we don't need laws for guns.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh blood in the streets and dangerous situations.
04/01/2013 - Online application
06/22/2013 - Plastic in hand
75 days - mailbox to mailbox
03/17 - renewal - 42 days plastic in hand

Topic author
safety1

Post by safety1 »

jmra wrote:
Mahzik wrote:

Chas.
Probably ceremonial only!
Makes you wonder if everyone is held to the same standards when completing the requirements.
:iagree:
NRA - Life Member

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 9

Post by twomillenium »

Chas.
I think maybe she had a block party and they gave her an onery DR degree.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

jmra

Post by jmra »

who are these survivors?
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 63

Post by mojo84 »

From her official State Rep site biography.
Biography
Prior to being elected to the Texas House of Representatives, State Representative Dr. Alma A. Allen was elected to, and served on, the State Board of Education for over 10 years.
Beginning her career in education as a teacher at Parker Elementary School and Grimes Elementary School, Rep. Allen went on to become assistant principal at Foster Elementary School and then served as principal at Peck Elementary School, Windsor Village Vanguard Magnet School, and G.B.M. Turner Elementary School. She also worked in human resources and central administration, and retired from Houston Independent School District after 39 years. Thereafter, Rep. Allen continued her career in education as an Adjunct Professor at both Texas Southern University and Prairie View A&M University. Currently, she is a motivational speaker, and an educational consultant.
Rep. Allen holds a Bachelor of Science degree and a Master of Education degree from Texas Southern University and a Doctorate of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Houston, as well as a certificate in administration and supervision from the University of Houston. Rep. Allen has received many awards and honors, including Principal of the year, District 5, and Outstanding Alumnus of the University of Houston. Rep. Allen also received the Texas Freedom Network "Walking the Walk Award", from Governor Ann Richards, the Living Legend Award, presented by the Texas Alliance Of Black School Educators, and was recently honored in her hometown of Livingston, Texas, with Alma Allen Day.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra

Post by jmra »

The drinking again, give it a break people.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

puma guy wrote:SB11 Discussion ongoing - Sylvester Turner seemed to be in a logic free zone! to paraphrase "how can a student get their gun to a gun free zone?"
And he wants to be Mayor of the 4th largest city in the US.

Chas.

tlt
Posts in topic: 12

Post by tlt »

Chas.
Have you ever spent any time on a a liberal campus?... Let me clue you in.. wow.. But that campus had no prohibition on guns.

txyaloo
Posts in topic: 6

Post by txyaloo »

Chas.
;-) It's a Ed.D... Not very surprising.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”