Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 73

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by mojo84 »

Keith B wrote:Alright folks, this is getting to the personal attack level. Stop now or this will be locked. :rules:

Yes, the kicking of the ant pile has gone beyond reason and frustration is mounting with the proponents of the criminal elements event though one of the rules of the forum says promotion of illegal activities is against the rules.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Been looking at the patches for sale by the Patriot Guard. I don't see any territory bottoms rockers for sale.

http://store.patriotguard.org/Patches/b ... le=Patches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nothing here looking like a territory/turf bottom rocker either.

http://store.patriotguard.org/Scooter-S ... B00GC7KH4O" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

thenick_ttu
Posts in topic: 1

Post by thenick_ttu »

mojo84 wrote:SS, this may say it in a way you can relate to better.

http://www.rcvsmc.net/id8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They have even forced some police clubs to remove the Texas rocker.
I'm going to have to call bull on this. I would be shocked if a they forced a police club to follow their rules. At best, they may have negotiated where both sides receive something in return.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

jmra wrote:
ShootDontTalk wrote:
Abraham wrote:Yes, the majority of those who ride motorcycles are the law abiding 99% and the 1% are criminals.

The 1% are into pathological role playing though they're mostly middle age to geezer age, they apparently can't stand being themselves. They have to posture like an adolescent. Rather than being cool, they're pathetic.

Wearing colors (can we be anymore juvenile?) and acting out wherever they go is cause for disgust not admiration, though I think a few ordinary misguided citizens seem to idolize these cretins.
:iagree: I am just having trouble understanding how the 99%, who, prior to buying a motorcycle, would never agree to a criminal extortion plot, somehow feel so threatened as to give in to that demand for compliance - either by agreement or cash - after plunking down their hard-earned money for a motorcycle. With all due respect to the 99%, I just don't get it.
Maybe I'm out of touch here, but is it the 99% that are getting extorted or is it part of the 1% extorting other parts of the 1%. I belonged to several groups when I rode (think CMA type groups) and the only thing we paid was minimal dues to the organization for records upkeep and the like.
I guess I was thinking the Texas Rocker and extortion thing was more of a drug turf issue than anything else.

Originally that was the case but it is no longer. The 1%ers apply the same "rule" to the 99%ers also nowadays and have for a while. Those that don't comply are subject to having to pay money or bodily harm. It has more to do with territory and about who rules it rather than drugs.

The street gangs operate on similar "rules" but not always exactly the same.

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 18

Post by ShootDontTalk »

ScooterSissy wrote: Huh???? Why should they have not shown up? Isn't that the case you (among a few others) have been making, that they are free to go where they want, and wear what they want? Does the thug accusation take away their rights to go where they want, and wear what they want? Who decides these things, outside of the judges and juries of course?
Scootersissy...I for one was not making that point at all. It disturbs me that a criminal gang should extort good people like you.

My only other point is about how nonexistent the reward for "imitators" to hang around these folks.

As for the Cossacks, in theory the same feeling applies. However, when it comes to two gangs (both seemingly criminal) having a disagreement about one extorting the other, I just really don't care all that much. They can call a cop if it bothers them. Nothing I've said should be interpreted that I care one way or another about either group - or any other group involved in criminal enterprises.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

thenick_ttu wrote:

I'm going to have to call bull on this. I would be shocked if a they forced a police club to follow their rules. At best, they may have negotiated where both sides receive something in return.

Based on what? The patriot guard doesn't use a territory rocker. Why?
Last edited by mojo84 on Tue May 26, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 36

Post by ScooterSissy »

mojo84 wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:

I've understood that quite well, thank you. That's much what I've been saying here.
It's apparent you don't understand as much as you seem to think.

Just because someone has a right to do it doesn't mean it is wise.
Exactly the point I've been making all along.
mojo84 wrote:The Cossacks showed up knowing it was going to cause a confrontation. If they were the fine decent upstanding gents you seem to want to make them out to be, they would have contacted the other fine gents, Bandidos, and met them out in the middle of nowhere to settle their differences. Instead, they showed up where they knew it would spark a confrontation. I'm saying neither party is right. They are just wrong in different ways.
Find me the post where I said anything even remotely similar to the Cossacks were "fine upstanding gents". My point all along has been the same, nobody involved was truly innocent, those involved knew the rules of the game they were playing, and suffered the consequences.

My point about the Cossacks exerting their "rights" though, was in response to the regular refrain of "nobody can tell someone what they can and can't do". That was the attitude of the Cossacks.
mojo84 wrote:I'm done playing your game. Go put on your vest with patch and territory rocker and ride your scooter to some of the known biker bars and let us know how it works out. Until then, I'm done with you as you are just instigating.
I've said a number of times, maybe you missed it; I don't wear a backpatch, and no rockers. Some folks on here seem to think "giving in" that way is somehow wrong. I don't.
Last edited by ScooterSissy on Tue May 26, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

mojo84 wrote:
Keith B wrote:Alright folks, this is getting to the personal attack level. Stop now or this will be locked. :rules:

Yes, the kicking of the ant pile has gone beyond reason and frustration is mounting with the proponents of the criminal elements event though one of the rules of the forum says promotion of illegal activities is against the rules.
I have yet to see anyone in this thread promoting criminal elements. If you're addressing that to me, you're simply wrong.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

mojo84 wrote:Been looking at the patches for sale by the Patriot Guard. I don't see any territory bottoms rockers for sale.

http://store.patriotguard.org/Patches/b ... le=Patches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nothing here looking like a territory/turf bottom rocker either.

http://store.patriotguard.org/Scooter-S ... B00GC7KH4O" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PGR doesn't sell any rockers. They do sell a backpatch.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

mojo84 wrote:
thenick_ttu wrote:

Based on what? The patriot guard doesn't use a territory ticket. Why?
Because they have nothing to do with "territory". As I mentioned in a previous post, at one time there was concern over the colors of the backpatch (back in 2009), and riders were explicitly asked not to wear the PGR backpatch in the state of OK. Later, some state leaders in the PGR it cleared up (though I can't find that post right now).

This was the original post:
Effective immediately, the PGR back patch is no longer authorized for wear in Oklahoma, at anytime. Members should not have any patch on the back of their garments that is yellow and blue and has the PGR logo. Additionally, PGR flags, banners, magnets, and stickers, are not authorized to be displayed, on any vehicle (1 or more wheels) except during funeral missions for Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, or Marines, who are casualties of Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan). Patches on the front of the garment (vest, jacket, shirt, etc.) are authorized - no PGR items should be worn on the back of the vest, shirt, or jacket. Shirts or headgear with the PGR logo in any color but BLACK or BLUE are authorized.

Ladies and gentlemen, this policy affects any PGR member traveling through or performing missions in Oklahoma.

If you have questions and want details, please send me an email. As I'm dealing with a number of emails right now, it may be a day or so before I can answer each one.
That was shortly followed up with clarification that only the backpatch was off limits:
The previous uniform & display policy for the PGR in Oklahoma is hereby rescinded.

Effective 13 Aug 09, the PGR back patch is not authorized for wear at anytime in the State of Oklahoma. All other PGR paraphernalia may be displayed during PGR missions and PGR-related activities. Permanent/semi-permanent items, such as stickers & decals make be displayed anytime on any item or vehicle (i.e, helmets, motorcycles, cages, etc.).

To clarify: The back patch is out. Anything else you put on your vest, jacket, T-shirt, hat, doorag (or any other personal garment) is IN, anytime. Flags, banners, signs, magnets, etc. are IN for PGR-related activities or missions. Stickers and decals are OK on anything, anytime.
You have to be a member to actually see the posts - https://www.patriotguard.org/showthread ... h+oklahoma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I would ask that no one join simply to read what was said; that if you join, please ride missions to show respect to our fallen military and first responders.

I'm also going to add, the dust-up with the PGRs happened because an MC member approached a PGR rider about his patch. The PGR rider (reportedly) got mouthy, the MC member took it to his club Pres, who took it to the CoC. The PGR rider was undoubtedly simply asserting his rights.

In my opinion, silly fuss over something that had nothing to do with the mission.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

ShootDontTalk wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote: Huh???? Why should they have not shown up? Isn't that the case you (among a few others) have been making, that they are free to go where they want, and wear what they want? Does the thug accusation take away their rights to go where they want, and wear what they want? Who decides these things, outside of the judges and juries of course?
Scootersissy...I for one was not making that point at all. It disturbs me that a criminal gang should extort good people like you.

My only other point is about how nonexistent the reward for "imitators" to hang around these folks.

As for the Cossacks, in theory the same feeling applies. However, when it comes to two gangs (both seemingly criminal) having a disagreement about one extorting the other, I just really don't care all that much. They can call a cop if it bothers them. Nothing I've said should be interpreted that I care one way or another about either group - or any other group involved in criminal enterprises.
I don't feel extorted at all. The only time any issue came up for me was when I was considering the back patch. I made the decision that a possible dust up wasn't worth distracting from the mission. In a similar vein, I made the decision not to fly a big flag from my bike, until I had a quality "highway-proof" flag mount made. I made that decision because the mount I made broke, interrupting the mission. It simply wasn't worth the risk again.

I disagree a little, but only a little, about the "imitators" hanging around the folks. My church hosted a PGR event some time back. A local MC volunteered their smoker, and several of the members showed up to help cook.

They were warmly received, people intermingled with them, and they heard/experienced two messages that day - one was patriotic and one was scriptural. A member of another MC sits in front of me at church often (not every Sunday). Sometimes we talk bikes. I've jokingly told him I still ride a rice-burner, and he smiles back and says as long as I'm riding and happy. He keeps coming. We keep talking.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 25

Post by treadlightly »

Please wear full leather especially leather gloves while riding. Do it, not for you, but for me. Sometimes as part of my job, I have to look at photos. I cannot unsee the photos of a hand that was not wearing a leather glove while riding.
ATGAAT, All The Gear, All The Time makes a lot of sense.

I haven't been able to get my kids interested in joining my H*ll's Angles gang, which would have been really cool. We could have recognized each other on the highway by the way we wave. Sine waves....

So now I'm working on getting them interested in my next gang, The Sons of Malarkey. Our logo will have the legendary Original Three (Larry, Moe, and Curly), and the territory state on the bottom rocker will be CONFUSION.

On a more serious note, I asked my youngest son about how he felt as a native-born Texan to hear that he would have to pay a fee and get permission to put "Texas" on a jacket. Dang, that kid is level-headed. He said it bothered him but he had bigger fish to fry and better fights to fight.

I also see the local chairperson of the Confederation of Clubs is a Bandido. On their website, they claim a victory in stopping motorcycle-only checkpoints. Sounds great, but I wonder if they were working to protect biker rights the same way OCT worked for gun rights - counter-productively.

I have no idea. Makes one wonder, though.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

Google "Sons of Arthritis", you'll get a kick out of it.

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PUCKER »

Used to ride a big bore cruiser (VTX 1800) and would run into the MC folks every now and then. The whole vest/colors thing seems silly to me but I'm not in (or never wanted to be) an MC, I've got higher priorities. It's a very real thing for those into the hardcore riding lifestyle, I get it, I do, BUT I don't give a rats bohiney about it though, as I answer to a Higher Power, not "supposed gods of the two wheeled world."

I currently ride a Honda Ruckus 50cc as my pit bike for the pits during my road race weekends, I'm half-tempted to start a "Ruckus Amongous MC Texas" group for my fellow pit bikers, if anyone wants to challenge us they can take it to the track....I race a tamed-down 500 HP NASCAR road racer and don't mind trading paint, if you know what I mean...I'm darn sick of "grown adults" acting like junior high brats with a chip on their shoulders...so please forgive my "on-track bravado" (tongue in cheek) but I don't care about them at all!!!

I think it's been stated here before, but when you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. Maybe we can all wear a vest with "CHL" at the top with a "Texas" rocker on the bottom??? I know, just teasing. :biggrinjester:

jmra
Posts in topic: 24

Post by jmra »

PUCKER wrote:Used to ride a big bore cruiser (VTX 1800) and would run into the MC folks every now and then. The whole vest/colors thing seems silly to me but I'm not in (or never wanted to be) an MC, I've got higher priorities. It's a very real thing for those into the hardcore riding lifestyle, I get it, I do, BUT I don't give a rats bohiney about it though, as I answer to a Higher Power, not "supposed gods of the two wheeled world."

I currently ride a Honda Ruckus 50cc as my pit bike for the pits during my road race weekends, I'm half-tempted to start a "Ruckus Amongous MC Texas" group for my fellow pit bikers, if anyone wants to challenge us they can take it to the track....I race a tamed-down 500 HP NASCAR road racer and don't mind trading paint, if you know what I mean...I'm darn sick of "grown adults" acting like junior high brats with a chip on their shoulders...so please forgive my "on-track bravado" (tongue in cheek) but I don't care about them at all!!!

I think it's been stated here before, but when you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. Maybe we can all wear a vest with "CHL" at the top with a "Texas" rocker on the bottom??? I know, just teasing. :biggrinjester:
The real question here is do you wear full leather when riding your pit bike? :smilelol5:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”