Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SkipB
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by SkipB »

mojo84 wrote:Yeah, but 100% of the bikers shooting it out at Twin Peaks were bad guys and not choir boys.
Yep right on.
Skip Bishop

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Oldgringo »

TVGuy wrote:
koine2002 wrote:
{snip}

I'm not quite sure where you pull this from, but it's complete and utter hogwash. Five minutes of research on the internet will prove the case.

All of the Patels in the world are about as related as all of the Smiths.
India still embraces a caste system and Patel is a caste name or so I've been told by a Patel. Lookee here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gemini
Posts in topic: 8

Post by gemini »

mojo84 wrote:Yeah, but 100% of the bikers shooting it out at Twin Peaks were bad guys and not choir boys.
agreed. and not all members of the gun community are choir boys. and all Leo's are not choir boys.
and again, the large majority of riders are independents. not affiliated with any club.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 18

Post by TVGuy »

Oldgringo wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
koine2002 wrote:
{snip}

I'm not quite sure where you pull this from, but it's complete and utter hogwash. Five minutes of research on the internet will prove the case.

All of the Patels in the world are about as related as all of the Smiths.
India still embraces a caste system and Patel is a caste name or so I've been told by a Patel. Lookee here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A caste does not a family make.

Rrash
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rrash »

This keeps coming to mind.
[video][/video]

mojo84
Posts in topic: 73

Post by mojo84 »

gemini wrote:
agreed. and not all members of the gun community are choir boys. and all Leo's are not choir boys.
and again, the large majority of riders are independents. not affiliated with any club.

Most all that have 3 piece rockers are to be of concern. I think we all know there are exceptions to every stereotype.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 5

Post by nightmare69 »

gemini wrote:Lots of guessing what's going on, and who knows who. Just a couple of points to make
regarding this discussion:

not all bikers wearing a vest or jacket are members of a gang
not all bikers dress like pirates
not all bikers that join a club are 1%ers, and not all clubs that have colors are 1%er clubs
not all bikers that attend a "bike night" are there to fight or shoot anyone, it's a social gathering of common interests
not all 1% club bikers are out to hurt anyone
not all club bikers are jobless, homeless, drug addicts or single guys without families
for a bike club to issue orders to go after Leo's would be ........ insanity to the max
for a bike club to retaliate against another club, yea, probably happen later
MC does not stand for Motor Cycle. It stands for Motorcycle Club
99.9% of MC business is kept in house or between clubs, does not involve the "average" person
there are plenty of good MC's and Riding Clubs; CMA (Christian Motorcycle Assoc.), Blue Knights (Leo), Dragon Slayers (Firemen),
Defenders, Guardians, Iron Horse, multiple veteran MC's etc etc etc.
the majority of riders are independents, just normal guys that enjoy motorcycles

I'm not trying to defend anything that happened in Waco. Not trying to defend clubs.
My mission here is to remind folks that most of the riders you will encounter are people
just like you. They have families, jobs, go to school, church etc. The only difference is their
preferred mode of transportation. You'll see more riders during the spring and summer. Please,
please remember not to tailgate, look twice before entering traffic, look twice before making a
left hand turn, the texting can wait and double check your mirrors before changing lanes.
Lets all have a good week. :cool:
Good decent family man would be at home or work taken care of their family not affiliate themselves with an OUTLAW club. I have delt with the Cossacks a few times as an LEO and they are into plenty of illegal activity. Dope, running guns, prostitution, and bike thefts. Funny I see people defending them because they get involved in toys for tots and other charitable events, they do this to try to convince the public they are good guys. All the while the rest of the club is living up to its 1% patch.

We did receive multiple APBs warning of the death threat to LEOs. We take this very seriously.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 25

Post by treadlightly »

Kill anyone in uniform? From an organization that claims to feed on frustrated veterans with hidden wounds? I don't know how much I believe that, but their history seems to have gone through boom cycles with the return of troops.

I get it that they have no human values and will happily wreck as many lives as it takes to run a profitable drug trade, but I wonder if they have considered the opportunity a gang war presents to our enemies. Their willingness for rash and animalistic violence leaves them vulnerable to manipulation, and that might represent an opportunity for much more disciplined evil to wage remote control mayhem.

Are they Americans or witless terrorists?

I must also say that as a lifelong motorcyclist who's been much more interested in the physics of two-wheeled flight than in ape hangers and brass knuckles, it's very disheartening to hear motorcycles and scumbags mentioned in the same sentence. I don't remember the 50's, but I heard all about them from my Dad. He sold his BSA because motorcycles in Austin had such a bad image back then and he was bound for greater things than rebellion without a cause.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

nightmare69 wrote:We did receive multiple APBs warning of the death threat to LEOs. We take this very seriously.
As well you should. Be careful out there!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

gemini
Posts in topic: 8

Post by gemini »

nightmare69 wrote:
gemini wrote:Lots of guessing what's going on, and who knows who. Just a couple of points to make
regarding this discussion:

not all bikers wearing a vest or jacket are members of a gang
not all bikers dress like pirates
not all bikers that join a club are 1%ers, and not all clubs that have colors are 1%er clubs
not all bikers that attend a "bike night" are there to fight or shoot anyone, it's a social gathering of common interests
not all 1% club bikers are out to hurt anyone
not all club bikers are jobless, homeless, drug addicts or single guys without families
for a bike club to issue orders to go after Leo's would be ........ insanity to the max
for a bike club to retaliate against another club, yea, probably happen later
MC does not stand for Motor Cycle. It stands for Motorcycle Club
99.9% of MC business is kept in house or between clubs, does not involve the "average" person
there are plenty of good MC's and Riding Clubs; CMA (Christian Motorcycle Assoc.), Blue Knights (Leo), Dragon Slayers (Firemen),
Defenders, Guardians, Iron Horse, multiple veteran MC's etc etc etc.
the majority of riders are independents, just normal guys that enjoy motorcycles

I'm not trying to defend anything that happened in Waco. Not trying to defend clubs.
My mission here is to remind folks that most of the riders you will encounter are people
just like you. They have families, jobs, go to school, church etc. The only difference is their
preferred mode of transportation. You'll see more riders during the spring and summer. Please,
please remember not to tailgate, look twice before entering traffic, look twice before making a
left hand turn, the texting can wait and double check your mirrors before changing lanes.
Lets all have a good week. :cool:
Good decent family man would be at home or work taken care of their family not affiliate themselves with an OUTLAW club. I have delt with the Cossacks a few times as an LEO and they are into plenty of illegal activity. Dope, running guns, prostitution, and bike thefts. Funny I see people defending them because they get involved in toys for tots and other charitable events, they do this to try to convince the public they are good guys. All the while the rest of the club is living up to its 1% patch.

We did receive multiple APBs warning of the death threat to LEOs. We take this very seriously.
Good Lordy. You think my post was defending 1% MC's? No. The post mainly tried to get across that 99% of the riders you might
encounter, unless you are a doper, a prostitute, a stripper, a gun runner or a bike thief.....are normal guys. The 1% are called 1%
because they are in the minority of the rider community. Geez, the rest of the post was dealing with safety issues.

howdy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by howdy »

Pictures of the arrested bikers....a real sharp bunch

http://www.click2houston.com/news/33084522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Oldgringo »

howdy wrote:Pictures of the arrested bikers....a real sharp bunch

http://www.click2houston.com/news/33084522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank goodness, their brouhaha doesn't appear to be a racist misunderstanding. :smilelol5:

harrycallahan
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by harrycallahan »

[quote="Oldgringo"][quote="howdy"]Pictures of the arrested bikers....a real sharp bunch

http://www.click2houston.com/news/33084522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

Thank goodness, their brouhaha doesn't appear to be a racist misunderstanding. :smilelol5:[/quote]

I heard one of them was going to leave the gang and buy a Honda and that's all it took...

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 25

Post by treadlightly »

Curiously, in his poorly written memoir, Hell's Angel luminary Sonny Barger said it was a shame bikers didn't switch to Jap Bikes. His choice, the Honda ST 1100 (now 1300). I'd probably prefer a sport cruiser like that to my Goldwing, but the jury is still out. Today I'm getting Traxxion race suspension. Pretty and functional. Going to be nice!

Return to “Off-Topic”