Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 73

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by mojo84 »

Looks like it cost him his franchise. Now he is really going to be out of some money.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SewTexas »

Abraham wrote:What's up with the manager of TP.

Was he intimidated into welcoming the motorcycle thugs or is he a member or a past member or related in some way to these criminals?

Anyone know?

Thanks!

actually I've heard from several different places that there is speculation that he is somehow involved with one of the gangs.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

SewTexas wrote:

Was he intimidated into welcoming the motorcycle thugs or is he a member or a past member or related in some way to these criminals?

Anyone know?

Thanks!

actually I've heard from several different places that there is speculation that he is somehow involved with one of the gangs.

Interesting. Hopefully more will come out about this if it is the case.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

SewTexas wrote:

Anyone know?

Thanks!

This would not surprise me at all. Simple greed in this case, doesn't make sense to me. Having groups like this frequent your business seems like it would drive less dangerous customers away. And if you're relying on gangs to support your business, it's only a matter of time before something like this happens.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

LSUTiger wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
Syntyr wrote:Wow drove by this place on the way out of town at 11:00 am this morning, headed back to Houston. I was in Waco doing Tech Support for an elderly friend there. Ironically her husband worked for Waco PD before he passed last year.

Twin Peaks... Tilted Kilt... Hooters... There are reasons I don't visit places like this and I am glad that carries me forward to this day. I had a friend talk me into going to a Hooters once a long time ago. Worst hamburger I have ever attempted to eat.
Didn't really care for their wings, either.
I guess I am just weird or something, I never have had a complaint about Hooters food. Burgers are OK and I really like the wings. Standard Glock sights are my favorite which from what I gather makes me weird too.
I've been to a Hooters once. The food was ok, there was nothing really scandalous about the waitresses or the clothing. A Twin Peaks opened near my office, I have been there probably 5 times. The food was good and the prices were reasonable. Here the waitresses clothing was more revealing, primarily cleavage. The big difference was in TV's, it was wall to wall TV's. My location has a parking problem, so they had valet parking, so it felt very upscale. No bikers at all. I haven't been in a year, I don't like to valet. Hooters across the freeway from the Twin Peaks remodeled after the Twin Peaks opened, I'm assuming they stole their business.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 10

Post by carlson1 »

Target1911 wrote:That order to kill is bogus.
Also the main beef has been between Cossaks and Banditos has been going on for over a year.
The meeting was to squash the differences.
The cops never fired a shot
scimitars are a sister group to the cossaks
7 cossaks dead
2 banditos
The cossaks were ambushed in the parking lot

I am not affiliated with either club but I have known 1 of the dead for nearly 15 years through work. And 2 others for over 10 years. Met them before they joined the club.
About 90% of what the media is saying either speculation or hog wash.
The Waco PD Sgt has announced three times now gang members started shooting at the Police. He has also verified that Waco PD and DPS returned fire hitting the subjects and without that action there possibly could have been many more wounded or killed.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Oldgringo »

SewTexas wrote:

Anyone know?

Thanks!

People with the surname of Patel are more usually innkeepers and merchants, etc. rather than bikers?

talltex
Posts in topic: 17

Post by talltex »

Oldgringo wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

Anyone know?

Thanks!

People with the surname of Patel are more usually innkeepers and merchants, etc. rather than bikers?
Patel is the "managing partner" from Dallas....the local manager is (was) Brad Doan. I don't know him at all, but would wager the promotion of "Thursday Biker Nights" was a combination of extra $$$ due to larger crowds, and probably a dubious "ego thing" because he liked telling people he was tight with the Bandidos, etc. I've run into groups of Bandidos twice at other places in Waco in last 2 years...Denny's and Luby's...don't know if some are local or were just passing thru between DFW and Austin. They were already bad news in Austin back in the mid 70's and they hung out in a couple of the "men's entertainment bars" when I was in college there.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Stay at home soccer moms need more productive hobbies.
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon May 18, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 45

Post by VMI77 »

Target1911 wrote:About 90% of what the media is saying either speculation or hog wash.
You're wrong there. :reddevil More like 99%. And not just on this, though it's a little more obvious in the case than others. Maybe we never had a news media in this country....the case can probably be made....but we definitely don't have one now. When it isn't just lying or wrong, our MSM is 100% propaganda and advertising.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 18

Post by TVGuy »

koine2002 wrote:
The Patel family is a very wealthy and influential family in India. Many of the Patels you find here in the US are in that family--especially if they are business owners. The Patels are also heavily vested in the BJP and their front, the RSS. The BJP is a Hindu nationalist political party and the RSS is a front that engages in a lot of extortion and persecution of non-Hindus in India--especially Christians. While there is no traceable connection between the two (BJP and RSS), it is common knowledge in India that they are associated. The current PM of India (and the majority in Parliament), Modi, is BJP. BJP is responsible for it being a crime punishable by 5 years imprisonment in Maharashtra state to slaughter any bovine--regardless of your religious convictions.

I wouldn't put it past someone who is in bed with the RSS to be involved with biker gangs. Whether that is true of this Patel, or not, I don't know.
I'm not quite sure where you pull this from, but it's complete and utter hogwash. Five minutes of research on the internet will prove the case.

All of the Patels in the world are about as related as all of the Smiths.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 45

Post by VMI77 »

suthdj wrote:
LSUTiger wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
Syntyr wrote:Wow drove by this place on the way out of town at 11:00 am this morning, headed back to Houston. I was in Waco doing Tech Support for an elderly friend there. Ironically her husband worked for Waco PD before he passed last year.

Twin Peaks... Tilted Kilt... Hooters... There are reasons I don't visit places like this and I am glad that carries me forward to this day. I had a friend talk me into going to a Hooters once a long time ago. Worst hamburger I have ever attempted to eat.
Didn't really care for their wings, either.
I guess I am just weird or something, I never have had a complaint about Hooters food. Burgers are OK and I really like the wings. Standard Glock sights are my favorite which from what I gather makes me weird too.
My wife like going to those places just to show me what I can't have. :nono:
:shock: :eek6 I've been married long enough to know to say it this way: "My wife likes going to those places to show me what I ALREADY have.
Last edited by VMI77 on Mon May 18, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

gemini
Posts in topic: 8

Post by gemini »

Lots of guessing what's going on, and who knows who. Just a couple of points to make
regarding this discussion:

not all bikers wearing a vest or jacket are members of a gang
not all bikers dress like pirates
not all bikers that join a club are 1%ers, and not all clubs that have colors are 1%er clubs
not all bikers that attend a "bike night" are there to fight or shoot anyone, it's a social gathering of common interests
not all 1% club bikers are out to hurt anyone
not all club bikers are jobless, homeless, drug addicts or single guys without families
for a bike club to issue orders to go after Leo's would be ........ insanity to the max
for a bike club to retaliate against another club, yea, probably happen later
MC does not stand for Motor Cycle. It stands for Motorcycle Club
99.9% of MC business is kept in house or between clubs, does not involve the "average" person
there are plenty of good MC's and Riding Clubs; CMA (Christian Motorcycle Assoc.), Blue Knights (Leo), Dragon Slayers (Firemen),
Defenders, Guardians, Iron Horse, multiple veteran MC's etc etc etc.
the majority of riders are independents, just normal guys that enjoy motorcycles

I'm not trying to defend anything that happened in Waco. Not trying to defend clubs.
My mission here is to remind folks that most of the riders you will encounter are people
just like you. They have families, jobs, go to school, church etc. The only difference is their
preferred mode of transportation. You'll see more riders during the spring and summer. Please,
please remember not to tailgate, look twice before entering traffic, look twice before making a
left hand turn, the texting can wait and double check your mirrors before changing lanes.
Lets all have a good week. :cool:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Yeah, but 100% of the bikers shooting it out at Twin Peaks were bad guys and not choir boys.

Return to “Off-Topic”