Need a new Bank..

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

txglock21
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need a new Bank..

Post by txglock21 »

Yes, it is a big deal for me to not be 30.06 posted. I deal with a lot of cash transactions on a weekly basis and I'm not stepping foot inside a posted "kill-zone" myself. You may say, just go through the drive-thru teller, but twice the tubes have gotten stuck causing delays and headaches for me. Plus, I'm a little old fashioned, I like to see and talk to who I'm trusting my money with. YMMV
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

aggie67

Post by aggie67 »

I prefer to deal with a local bank and people I know. I have dealt with small town banks and people I know for too long to change now. I too prefer to walk in and do business as my hearing has regressed to the point I do not hear well in drive in's both banks and food establishments. We have family accounts at one local banking facility and I have a personal account at another where I used to keep business accounts.

I guess I just like to be called by name and visit with the tellers and customer service folks when I go to the bank.

OldGrumpy

Post by OldGrumpy »

Are there any Credit Unions where you can become a member. They are much more customer friendly and in most cases every account holder is part of the ownership. Been doing my banking at credit unions for over 40 years.
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

I second the Credit Union idea. We needed to open a couple of accounts for business purposes (basically to handle rental property and expenses) but the local bank had huge (by my standards) fees associated with each separate account. Checked out Randolph-Brooks CU and found they do everything the bank did but charge less for it. They do gold medallion signature guarantees, have safe deposit boxes, the works.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

gdanaher
Banned

Post by gdanaher »

Prosperity Bank has a branch in Brownwood, and as far as I know, none of them post 30.06. Their interest rates are a bit lacking, but they know me by name when I walk into my branch in another community. Talk to them.

Weg

Post by Weg »

I "Third" USAA , I get cash wherever there is an ATM, even at gas stations. Great company to bank/insure with.

winters
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by winters »

I use credit union exclusively. i wouldn't even consider a bank. i hardly ever use cash so i don't care about atm's.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Sorry to here BOA closed in your area . But you have way more options now days. Good luck.

My BOA been good to me since the bought out Nations Bank nearly 15 years ago.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Everbank, an online bank, you can use any atm machine and they will pay the fees for you, so no need to use a bank specific atm machine. Plus, you can get cash back with your debit card at any place that accepts debit cards.
TxLobo wrote:Our local BOA is closing down, taking the main bank, the motor bank and their ATM with them. Next closest branch is Stephenville, then Abilene, then San Angelo..
Our mortgage, checking, savings are with this bank, so I can't just close up and move on as we can still do electronic banking, just no place local to get cash..

A local bank, Texas Bank, is offering a 100.00 incentive to move to their bank, but I have a problem with them posting 30.06 at their branches.. I talked with a manager this morning and she was rather firm that they would not allow conceal carry in ANY of their branches..

To you, is this a big deal? ..

I'd like a local bank, but options are limited to Citizens, Prosperity, and some other locally owned banks..

pcaskey

Post by pcaskey »

Yep you need a new Bank! BOA is as anti-gun as they can be. Several years ago they began dropping clients whom used to only sell gun parts but then began manufacturing their own line of guns after many years of being a client of BOA. I too had my mortgage, credit cards, savings, etc. with BOA but refinanced the house and saved a ton of money, paid off all credit cards and withdrew all my money. I now bank at my credit union that the closest facility is 55 miles away, but with mobil deposits, automatic deposits, etc. who really needs to go to the drive through any more? All CHL holders, NRA Members, and the likes should drop BOA like they dropped the law abiding gun manufacturers from their bank roles. Good Luck!!!

txbirddog

Post by txbirddog »

txglock21 wrote:Yes, it is a big deal for me to not be 30.06 posted. I deal with a lot of cash transactions on a weekly basis and I'm not stepping foot inside a posted "kill-zone" myself. You may say, just go through the drive-thru teller, but twice the tubes have gotten stuck causing delays and headaches for me. Plus, I'm a little old fashioned, I like to see and talk to who I'm trusting my money with. YMMV
Don't forget what Willie Sutton said which is why my bank won't post or it won't be my bank.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I'll 4th USAA. If you're eligible, use them! The phone app is great, I've deposited everything from a $25 hand written check to tax return checks with it. No problems what so ever. I use any ATM, and am reimbursed for up to $30 a month worth of other banks fees or some such, and there's no fee from USAA on their end for using an ATM. Good stuff. I also have home owners and auto insurance with them. Great company.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Mahzik

Post by Mahzik »

Add one more recommendation for USAA. My wife and I have been with them for 25+ years. We have our insurance, bank account, savings accounts, credit cards and investment accounts. We've had a few instances over the years with our credit cards numbers getting hacked and they have been tremendous - cancelled the card, overnighted us a replacement and refunded the money in no time. When Target had their breach, we weren't certain if we had used the card there, and contacted USAA. They told us they were monitoring our cards and no action was needed. We were concerned and USAA replaced our cards anyway when we asked.

The ONLY drawback we have found is that they will not open business accounts.
Mahzik
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Credit Union. They are all I do business with anymore. The one I use has an annual meeting open to any member and their family, where the members vote on the board of directors from among the members (volunteer basis, so directors don't get paid). I assume all credit unions do this, but haven't been a member of all of them to say for sure. They remember regulars names, and stuff about them (kids in college, wife had surgery, etc). If you only go in 3 or 4 times a year I doubt they would, but that would be the same anywhere. To the topic of 30.06 I haven't seen one at any of the credit unions I've used over the years. That is probably because it is the members electing members to the board. So instead of some billionaires in New York deciding policy it is men and women of your community. Plus the one I'm with keeps its business in the community. When they built their new location it was a local construction company. They need electrical work, local company; need computer fixed, local company. They can also generally tell you who is worth doing business with also. They do plenty of car loans and home loans. So they can tell you this contractor is good, this one does okay work but is a pain to deal with, or this dealership is alright, but this one over here we've had a lot of people complain about, etc.
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”