Status check on website

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
tim665214
Posts in topic: 4

Status check on website

Post by tim665214 »

My wife and I took our class at the same time (Feb 15th). I was able to get my fingerprints done on the 16th, and mailed my Completed class form on the 17th. I received my plastic on March 9th. :cool: :cool: :cool: Due to the snow storm that came the following week, it ended up being exactly one week later before she got all of her stuff mailed off. She still hasn't received her plastic yet. However, when we look at the status online we both see the same thing. Basically nothing, it just asks us if we want to fill out an instructor application. is this normal? Does this mean her plastic is probably in the mail?

Thanks

Tim

Edit:
Plastic finally arrived! 12.5 months later
Last edited by tim665214 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
tim665214

Re: Status check on website

Post by tim665214 »

yes. It also has the option to change my information or report a lost card. When I log in with my wife's information it looks exactly like mine. Does that mean her plastic is probably on the way?

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

tim665214 wrote:yes. It also has the option to change my information or report a lost card. When I log in with my wife's information it looks exactly like mine. Does that mean her plastic is probably on the way?
From what I've been hearing & reading, yes... If it allows her to change address & report lost card, its probably on its way... congrats! :cheers2:

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

:iagree: If it gives you an option to change your address, it means the license status is active(in their system) and it has been mailed....or close to it. Congrats. It should only be a few days more. Patience Grasshopper. :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
tim665214

Post by tim665214 »

Just wanted to give an update. My wife has still not received her card, and now when we log on to the website, it no longer gives her the option of changing address,report lost or stolen card, etc... Now the only option is to apply for an Instructor's license. Does this mean it has been denied? We haven't received anything in the mail.

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

[quote="tim665214"]Just wanted to give an update. My wife has still not received her card, and now when we log on to the website, it no longer gives her the option of changing address,report lost or stolen card, etc... Now the only option is to apply for an Instructor's license. Does this mean it has been denied? We haven't received anything in the mail.[/quote]

What about now? did your wife get her card yet? My status still hasn't updated as of this morning, it's been two months now... :headscratch

spod0341
Posts in topic: 1

Post by spod0341 »

I would certainly have your wife give them a call and see what's the hold up. I've never heard of a status change, and then reverting back to no options.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

spod0341 wrote:I would certainly have your wife give them a call and see what's the hold up. I've never heard of a status change, and then reverting back to no options.
:iagree: Time to get on the phone and call them until you get a definitive answer.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

Several years ago the DPS website used to show us a checklist of updates, why dont they do this today? One would think that this would answer a lot of questions a guy would have on the status of his app & keep the phone lines clear...
Attachments
chlstatus.png

mjoplin

Post by mjoplin »

I did my first renewal online on 3/24. The original card had manual/ink fingerprints, which have gone electronic since. I figured that would cause delay/difficulty. I've been checking status online and seeing the same thing.

As of today I get the change address, etc. options so I am hoping the new card is in the mailbox at home if not today later this week. Was starting to wonder is it hits the month milestone this week.....
NRA Life Member
I'm environmentally conscious, I only use recycled ammo courtesy of my Dillon 550
This message was created using only recycled electrons

mjoplin

Post by mjoplin »

My first renewal finally showed up on the 23rd. 29 days from online renewal application until receipt of plastic. Original was done with fingerprinting the old fashioned way. Looks like they are still good and didn't cause any exceptional delays or issues.
NRA Life Member
I'm environmentally conscious, I only use recycled ammo courtesy of my Dillon 550
This message was created using only recycled electrons

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

is the online status changing before cards are issued or are you guys getting your plastic in the mail and then the status changes later? In other words Im checking online to get an indication if my card is on the way or am I wasting my time & should just wait for the mailman?

pebblebeachkid
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pebblebeachkid »

I'm not sure which really comes first, but my status changed on 3-11 and I didn't receive my license until 4-1.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”