March 2015

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

spod0341
Posts in topic: 7

Re: March 2015

Post by spod0341 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Got an email back today. They found my paperwork, I don't have to send anything else in at this time. I've been bumped to a supervisor, so hopefully the wait is shorter now!

It took me 31 days for status change after submitting mine to a manager. Now I'm waiting for this little guy to show up in the mail.

I hope yours goes a bit faster.

Rick Harris
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rick Harris »

I took Charles' class at PSC March 1. Electronic fingerprints the following Tuesday as well as emailing all of my documentation. Recd notice of status change last Friday, recd plastic today. For a Govt agency, not bad performance. :txflag:

stephenn
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stephenn »

3/21 -- Took Class
3/23 -- Submitted CHL-100 Online
3/23 -- Fingerprints submitted
3/23 -- STARTED ANXIOUSLY WAITING!!!!!

As of April 20, no change on website. Jealous of person above that also submitted on 3/23 also and already has plastic. UGH!!!!!!!!

I have learned that RSD does not respond to update requests thru website. You have to call them.

jason812
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jason812 »

stephenn wrote:3/21 -- Took Class
3/23 -- Submitted CHL-100 Online
3/23 -- Fingerprints submitted
3/23 -- STARTED ANXIOUSLY WAITING!!!!!

As of April 20, no change on website. Jealous of person above that also submitted on 3/23 also and already has plastic. UGH!!!!!!!!

I have learned that RSD does not respond to update requests thru website. You have to call them.
That was me. I don't know what to tell you but the only thing I did differently was snail mail and not email. I don't see how that would make things happen faster but my last speeding ticket was in 2002 or 2003 and would be the worse thing on any record. Seems more people have issues with email submission than snail mail. Maybe they have a different procedure for processing each.

It would be interesting if you took the class at Chandler's on the 21st cause that means I was in the class with you and probably the guy getting his finger prints done the same time you were.

If you really want to be jealous, I've stole ummm, I mean borrowed my wife's little .380 and slipped in in my front pocket (in a holster of course) when going to town the last 2 weekends for unofficial Wally Walks. Holster for the PPS came in today and I'm breaking it in as I type this. Official Wally Walk time this weekend as it will be my EDC. :coolgleamA:

I would think that your plastic should be coming soon and it will be like Christmas when it shows up.

Jason
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

spod0341
Posts in topic: 7

Post by spod0341 »

3/7 everything submitted,
3/11 re submitted paperwork to manager.
4/14 status change
4/21 waiting for plastic

It feels like the wait since my status change to time in my mailbox is the longest part of the wait. I live in Houston and it's been 5 business days (7 total).

out of curiosity how long was your wait in the mail?

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Mine was 1 day. Obviously the plastic was on the way before the status update was changed.

"The waiting is the hardest part" - Tom Petty
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

svan

Post by svan »

3/23 - Submitted CHL supporting documents online
3/24 - Received Confirmation
4/22 - Website updated
4/23 - Received plastic

I did not submit any paper documents, electronic everything. I did attach the barcode email but later found out it was unnecessary. I paid full price (no veteran, etc..).
Last edited by svan on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TexasJohnBoy wrote: March 8: applied online
March 13: fingerprinted
March 14: took class and uploaded chl100
March 15: confirmation email
April 14: called Austin, found out paperwork lost
April 15: received email, paperwork found and escalated to supervisor
April 22: website updated to allow address changes!
Just waiting for the mailman now!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Sigshooter

Post by Sigshooter »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
After letting my CHL expire years ago I finally decided to apply again. My timeline is similar to yours.
March 12: Took Class and applied online.
March 16: Finger Printed
March 17: Submitted documents
March 18: Confirmation email documents received
April 22: Status change

stephenn

Post by stephenn »

Definition of Cruelty: Coming home to official envelope from state of Texas in mailbox only to discover it's from DMV about renewing my car registration. UGH! I should have known since my status hasn't changed on website.

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

stephenn wrote:Definition of Cruelty: Coming home to official envelope from state of Texas in mailbox only to discover it's from DMV about renewing my car registration. UGH! I should have known since my status hasn't changed on website.

wow.. now that's cold... :reddevil

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
April 24: card carrying Texan. :clapping: :cheers2: :anamatedbanana
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

SirTexasSir

Post by SirTexasSir »

SirTexasSir wrote:
SirTexasSir wrote:
Khanhvu2912 wrote:
SirTexasSir wrote:
SirTexasSir wrote:My Timeline
03/15/14- Completed Online Application
11/12/14 - Got Fingerprints done
02/11/15- Took CHL Class
02/12/15- Submitted supporting paper work.

UPDATE

02/13/15 - Email from DPS acknowledging they received my supporting paper work.
03/16/15- Got home being out of town and found out they need a copy of my DD214 still (sent it with supporting documents I thought. Uploaded copy and mailed a copy to be sure.
03/17/15 - Email from DPS acknowledging they received my Support paper work.

Moving my status info from Feb to here to better track. So Friday I'll be on my 3rd week since acknowledgment email. Wondering if folks notice status change on certain days mainly and a time of day? I'm currently out of country for work and won't be back until some time next week. Though I do pop on and try to check every couple days on the site and nothing yet. Hopefully soon.
Called today as I'm finally back in town from work. She said they have all my paper work in house and I'm just doing the back ground waiting game. I was a bit worried cause of when I did my application and this has run over a year from than, but she said nah I got it all in before and good. Just doing the background waiting game now.
It will take about 5 - 8 days for background check, then it depends on where you at, it will take another week for you to have your plastic..they started my background check on the 19 of march, i got my license in my hand yesterday
Yah, but still no status change and I don't have anything on my record. Oddly I found guys like me that had a clearance in the military or several other types of background approved checks tend to take longer than the average Joe. Though now it's just getting to that point where I'm like....uh change no, change....
I been out of country for work and haven't checked since last Friday.....Status change....which means plastic is in the mail.
Just got home from work in Belfast, Ireland....official card in hand now. :anamatedbanana

alterian

Post by alterian »

After reading everyone's wait times I decided to call and post my findings.

Class taken on or about 4th of March
Application submitted 5 or 6 of March
Finger printed 7th of march
All documents mail out 9th of March
Documents received 10 or 11th of March.

It has been more then 54 days and I didn't hear anything until I called about an house ago. They told me my CHL has been approved and is getting printed. Very long wait time for mine, so keep your heads up.

alterian

Post by alterian »

Called again today, I wanted to see if they mailed it out yesterday and also when could I expect it. They told me 10 to 15 days, it seems like an eternity.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”