HB910 on House Calendar for 3rd Reading

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 75

Re: HB910 Friday April 17, House Calendar for 2nd Reading

Post by mojo84 »

G.A. Heath wrote:Regarding the statement that OCT killed unlicensed carry, can anyone give me a heads up as to who said it or to whom the statement was directed to so that I do not have to watch all the video to find it?

Phillips said it to Stickland towards the end of the day when Stickland was begging for his unlicensed open carry bill to be considered in committee.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

mojo84 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:Regarding the statement that OCT killed unlicensed carry, can anyone give me a heads up as to who said it or to whom the statement was directed to so that I do not have to watch all the video to find it?

Phillips said it to Stickland towards the end of the day when Stickland was begging for his unlicensed open carry bill to be considered in committee.
Thank you! :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 18

Post by locke_n_load »

So for everyone stating that walking past a 30.06/30.07 after the amendment to 910 goes into effect is a class A, even if you didn't see it, then what was the intent of the amendment in the first place?
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tomtexan »

locke_n_load wrote:So for everyone stating that walking past a 30.06/30.07 after the amendment to 910 goes into effect is a class A, even if you didn't see it, then what was the intent of the amendment in the first place?
(d) An offense under this section is a Class C [A] misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200, except that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if it is shown on the trial of the offense that, after entering the property, the license holder received notice as described by Subsection (b) and subsequently failed to depart.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 18

Post by locke_n_load »

tomtexan wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:So for everyone stating that walking past a 30.06/30.07 after the amendment to 910 goes into effect is a class A, even if you didn't see it, then what was the intent of the amendment in the first place?
(d) An offense under this section is a Class C [A] misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200, except that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if it is shown on the trial of the offense that, after entering the property, the license holder received notice as described by Subsection (b) and subsequently failed to depart.
Yes, I know what the text says. People are differing in their interpretation of said text.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

jmra
Posts in topic: 21

Post by jmra »

locke_n_load wrote:
tomtexan wrote:
Yes, I know what the text says. People are differing in their interpretation of said text.
Pretty simple to me...if an individual isn't an idiot the most they will be charged with is a Class C. If they are an idiot (like the guy in the skirt at the capital wearing a blue gun who refused to leave after being asked several times) they are likely to be charged with a Class A.
A little oversimplified I know, but a police officer would much rather write you a ticket than arrest you and do all the paperwork associated with a trial. Remember, in order for it to be a Class A it has to be shown at trial that you failed to leave after you received noticed. It's just way easier to write a ticket.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 10

Post by G.A. Heath »

mojo84 wrote:

Thank you sir.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

G.A. Heath wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Thank you sir.

Welcome. Did you guys find it on the video? The part where Phillips takes Strickland to the woodshed starts at about the 1:33:00 of the second video.

http://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlaye ... p_id=10745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

K5GU wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
K5GU wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Amendment 9, adding preemption/local decision making for cities over 1 mil in population, was tabled. There was an amendment to amendment 9 offered and that may have passed, I'm not sure. However, since the original amendment 9 was tabled, its amendment did as well. It lowered the population level to preempt the state to 750,000 from 1,000,000.

How many times can someone use the word amendment is a couple of sentences? :cool:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=HB910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Original 1 mil population was amendment #8 which was tabled after #9 (750K pop.) was adopted, so #9 was ineffectual.
:deadhorse:

:roll:
Wait! What about the amendment to the amendment that amended the amendment? (grin)
It was amended.

jmra
Posts in topic: 21

Post by jmra »

For those questioning what the amendment lowering the 30.06 penalty from a Class A to a Class C really means, start watching at 1:24:00.
http://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlaye ... p_id=10745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

bigity
Posts in topic: 13

Post by bigity »

Reminds me of some Marx Brothers skits.

The party of the first part shall be known...

etc etc

down til 'Everybody knows there ain't no sanity clause!'
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

gregsauls

Post by gregsauls »

I heard from a couple sources that what the non-germane amendment that Stickland was trying to get introduced Friday was to remove fees for a Texas CHL, ie free CHL. In a way it would get even closer to the constitutional carry/no-infringement goal the OC gang has desires on seeing or more likely torpedo CHL-Open carry for this session. He would also have record to run on to show who voted against "his" version/amendment that denied Texas OC.

If this is true, I can see why the whole Stickland side show needed to go down in flames with regards to HB-910. Weird if true.

ralewis
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ralewis »

jmra wrote:For those questioning what the amendment lowering the 30.06 penalty from a Class A to a Class C really means, start watching at 1:24:00.
Thanks very much for posting. Very clear what it means.

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 10

Post by G.A. Heath »

mojo84 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Thank you sir.

Welcome. Did you guys find it on the video? The part where Phillips takes Strickland to the woodshed starts at about the 1:33:00 of the second video.

Yes sir. I have the sound byte ready, and I am still working on my show notes, but it will be in Episode 55 of my podcast.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Looking forward to hearing it.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”