"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

RonW956
Posts in topic: 18

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by RonW956 »

Kkpsiknl wrote:I'm new to the forum and just want to say it's great to have a place with people who understand the frustration of waiting.

It is frustrating, I feel like a little kid that can't wait for Christmas day...

joe817
Posts in topic: 57

Post by joe817 »

Kkpsiknl wrote:I'm new to the forum and just want to say it's great to have a place with people who understand the frustration of waiting.
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us. There's a wealth of information here, and a wonderful group of gals & guys to help answer any questions you may have.

If it makes you feel any better, I took my CHL class the first week of July, and got my license the 2nd week of October. :lol:
But that was when DPS was so snowed under they were running 3,4 & 5 months behind. The wait time is much shorter now. Hope you get yours soon!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

aggierod07
Posts in topic: 2

Post by aggierod07 »

Howdy,

New to the forum and wanted to post now that I am officially stuck in the "waiting room"....

Application: April 6
CHL Class completed: April 11
Fingerprints Taken/Supporting Docs Submitted: April 11

Hoping it goes quickly based off some of the previous posts.... :waiting:

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

I'm just curious as to how many people got their plastic in the mail before the status online updated? I've been checking everyday & no update's yet. I did send a email to RDS this morning inquiring about my status.... :waiting:

Robert91RS
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Robert91RS »

Robert91RS wrote:Feb 26- Applied online
Mar 04- Fingerprinted
Mar 21- CHL class completed
Mar 23- Submitted CHL-100 form by email
Mar 24- Received confirmation email

I took my grandfather, father, mother, younger brother and a co-worker with me, and several of us have submitted the paperwork on the same days so we shall see who gets their license first.
UPDATE
April 15- My plastic was in the mail when I got off work! :txflag:

I deviated from tradition and went to Albertsons instead of Walmart but it went well enough. I carried a fullsize Glock 21 and am determined to make that work but it will definitely require some changes to how I dress (or I can lose some weight :roll: )

My coworker says he received his today as well but my grandfathers status still hasn't changed. Hopfully its because of prior security clearances.

Z42599
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Z42599 »

pebblebeachkid wrote:My status change on march 11th and didn't receive license til 4/6. It definitely CAN take awhile to receive plastic after approval. :banghead:
Just received my plastic on 4/14, took 1 month and a day. Guess I can't complain but still seemed like forever.

Z42599

Post by Z42599 »

I just started caring a Glock 22, Love it. Still have my Bodygaurd 380, but unlike my Glock (10 + 1 capacity) the 380 only caries 6 + 1. With my Glock I cary a 15 round Magazine as a backup giving me a total of 26 rounds. I wanted a Glock 43 and just couldn't do it since it only has 6 + 1.posting.php?mode=reply&f=42&t=2398#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

:waiting:
Last edited by RonW956 on Tue May 05, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert91RS

Post by Robert91RS »

RonW956 wrote:
RonW956 wrote:I'm just curious as to how many people got their plastic in the mail before the status online updated? I've been checking everyday & no update's yet. I did send a email to RDS this morning inquiring about my status.... :waiting:
Fast forward 3 days & no email response to my inquiry to RDS.... do they answer emails or should I call to ask about the status of my app?
I never got a response to my email either, but it's probably best to call given your predicament. I hope they get you squared away soon.

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

I called RSD this afternoon and wow... didnt even have to be put on hold, as soon as I pressed "1" the phone range & a nice man named "victor" answered and was able to answer all my questions. He tolded me that they have recently been backing up with so many apps coming in and that I should get a update on my status next week... Until then..
Last edited by RonW956 on Tue May 05, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pebblebeachkid

Post by pebblebeachkid »

My emails were never answered, always had to call. Not sure how they get away with never answering emails.

Robert91RS

Post by Robert91RS »

RonW956 wrote:I called RDS this afternoon and wow... didnt even have to be put on hold, as soon as I pressed "1" the phone range & a nice man named "victor" answered and was able to answer all my questions. He tolded me that they have recently been backing up with so many apps coming in and that I should get a update on my status next week... Until then..
Glad to hear that! Another couple weeks and I bet you have your license.

TexasFlash
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasFlash »

RonW956 wrote:
Robert91RS wrote:
RonW956 wrote:
RonW956 wrote:I'm just curious as to how many people got their plastic in the mail before the status online updated? I've been checking everyday & no update's yet. I did send a email to RDS this morning inquiring about my status.... :waiting:
Fast forward 3 days & no email response to my inquiry to RDS.... do they answer emails or should I call to ask about the status of my app?
I never got a response to my email either, but it's probably best to call given your predicament. I hope they get you squared away soon.

I called RDS this afternoon and wow... didnt even have to be put on hold, as soon as I pressed "1" the phone range & a nice man named "victor" answered and was able to answer all my questions. He tolded me that they have recently been backing up with so many apps coming in and that I should get a update on my status next week... Until then..
Who/What is RDS?....
thanks
Dave :txflag:

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

:txflag:
Last edited by RonW956 on Tue May 05, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CleotisWalther86

Post by CleotisWalther86 »

:banghead: Hi all,

I just joined today, but I've been reading along since I sent my application.
3/23: Application sent with proof of course completion and DD214
3/26: Fingerprints taken
4/15: I decided to call RSD for a status update, and the lady told me that they were just waiting on my supporting docs. I was able to find an e-mail confirmation from them, and help them locate my paperwork there. I received an e-mail notifying me that all of my paperwork was received by them (again), and my application had been escalated for review this same day.
4/20 (4 weeks to the day I submitted my application): I called again, and she told me that the "background check people" received my application on Friday (4/17), and that process could take up to 4 weeks. So essentially it's taken them the better part of a month just to get all of my application materials together.

Does anyone know what I should be able to expect as far as how long the background check process REALLY takes? 4 weeks seems long, and that puts me right at the 2 month mark that they say is the very top end of the waiting time.

Incidentally, I asked the lady today out of curiosity if the status information on the website that we use to submit our applications is up to date or accurate information, and she told me that she doubts it and that I should just call for status updates. :banghead:

I need to clarify something: I called Criminal Records (just now) after seeing that (from the date they receive your fingerprints, the background check will take approximately 10 business days) on their website, and they informed me that actually, my background check has already been completed. She then referred me back to the CHL division where I asked for some clarification about where my application actually is in the process. She confirmed that the background check is indeed finished, but now it's been submitted for review which is what could take several weeks. And they will send me a letter if they require any additional information from me.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”