HB910 on House Calendar for 3rd Reading

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

joe817
Posts in topic: 35

Re: HB910 Friday April 17, House Calendar for 2nd Reading

Post by joe817 »

TXBO wrote:Does anyone happen to have a link to watch this live. My thanks in advance.
Here you go:

http://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlaye ... nt_id=1362" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW, the debate on HB 40 is a real debate. Not just stonewalling. Good points on the opposing side. Very interesting.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 22

Post by TXBO »

mojo84 wrote:
TXBO wrote:Does anyone happen to have a link to watch this live. My thanks in advance.

http://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlaye ... nt_id=1362" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and click on the senate or house link to the live streams over on the right side of the page.
I thank you sir.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 75

Post by mojo84 »

joe817 wrote:
Here you go:

BTW, the debate on HB 40 is a real debate. Not just stonewalling. Good points on the opposing side. Very interesting.

Yeah, but Sylvester Turner rubs me wrong most of the time.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
K5GU
Posts in topic: 58

Post by K5GU »

jerry_r60 wrote:
joe817 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
joe817 wrote:They're following the Calendar order. 910 is 1 away! Keeping my fingers crossed!
I think HB 40 is going to take some time.
:iagree:
Are there any house rules that control discussion time by the person who has the floor? I could see something like this occur on 910 as well. Where someone makes there point and just keeps reiterating it over and over, asking the same questions over and over. Is there a parliamentary mechanism to close that off?
See Rule 5, Section 27, 28, etc. in: http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/pubslegref/HRules.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by K5GU on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life is good.

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 32

Post by jerry_r60 »

joe817 wrote:
Here you go:

Yeah, I can see this being controversial and I can see what the opposition to 40 was concerned with. I agree the process is interesting. It did make me wonder what mechanisms might be in place if the process is intentionally abused.

Ahh, I just heard the answer to my question, there is an established time limit.
Last edited by jerry_r60 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 32

Post by jerry_r60 »

K5GU wrote:
jerry_r60 wrote:
joe817 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
joe817 wrote:They're following the Calendar order. 910 is 1 away! Keeping my fingers crossed!
I think HB 40 is going to take some time.
:iagree:
Are there any house rules that control discussion time by the person who has the floor? I could see something like this occur on 910 as well. Where someone makes there point and just keeps reiterating it over and over, asking the same questions over and over. Is there a parliamentary mechanism to close that off?
See Rule 5, Section 27 in: http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/pubslegref/HRules.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, that's a good resource for future questions as well.

nobius
Posts in topic: 11

Post by nobius »

joe817 wrote:
Here you go:

Listening to the amendments and discussion on 40. It's been pretty fascinating.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 75

Post by mojo84 »

It takes thick skin to be a legislator.

Sylvester popping up at each of the microphones like he has been is almost comical. He is a persistent dude.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

There are only 9 amendments on file, so this MAY be the last one.

Chas.

Roger Howard
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Roger Howard »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:There are only 9 amendments on file, so this MAY be the last one.

Chas.
How many amendments are on file for HB 910. OCT was talking about filing over 100?
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I always find it interesting when Democrats claim that their bills, amendments, or opposition to other bills are based on a desire to "protect the children." They attempt to use this tactic against gun rights and anything else the liberals don't like, regardless whether children are directly impacted or not.

Rep. Mary Gonzalez's Floor Amendment 8 to HB40 was proposed to protect "our most vulnerable" people found in schools, nursing homes and churches. (Churches?) I'd bet a dollar to a donut that Democrat Rep. Gonzalez supports the ability to kill at will, through abortion, the most vulnerable of all. She can save her crocodile tears for folks with a single-digit IQ.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Roger Howard wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:There are only 9 amendments on file, so this MAY be the last one.

Chas.
How many amendments are on file for HB 910. OCT was talking about filing over 100?
None were pre-filed and it looks like there are more for HB40. It's going to be a very long day, or a very short day for us.

Chas.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 35

Post by TVGuy »

Here we go on 910

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 16

Post by treadlightly »

HB 910 on the house floor now.

Tazman