Another Improper 30.06 Sign

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BCGlocker
Posts in topic: 5

Another Improper 30.06 Sign

Post by BCGlocker »

This Fed Ex in El Paso posted an improper 30.06 sign, although I could legally ignore it. I decided that I am not going to support a business that infringe on my rights, so went to do my business with UPS instead.

Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Another Improper 30.06 Sign

Post by Right2Carry »

BCGlocker wrote:This Fed Ex in El Paso posted an improper 30.06 sign, although I could legally ignore it. I decided that I am not going to support a business that infringe on my rights, so went to do my business with UPS instead.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
What does the big white one on the outside state?
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

You better look again. The white one on the wall is a VERY valid 30.06 sign.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I've yet to see a UPS facility that wasn't posted, either.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

K5GU
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K5GU »

Here's a tip. If you go to a business that either posts "no guns" signs, whether they're legal 30.06 signs or not, go use an internet search (eg, google.com) and search for the string "no guns no money". There you should find some free templates or pdf files, etc. to download and print. I printed some on 2" x 3.5" business card stock and carry a few in my wallet. Hopefully you don't need more than a "few". Give one to the store manager.
Life is good.

Topic author
BCGlocker

Post by BCGlocker »

Wow, I never saw the white sign and i have delete the original hi-res photos. Next time I am in the area, I will take a photo of the white sign. Do you think that is the 30.06 sign?
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor

Topic author
BCGlocker

Post by BCGlocker »

K5GU wrote:Here's a tip. If you go to a business that either posts "no guns" signs, whether they're legal 30.06 signs or not, go use an internet search (eg, google.com) and search for the string "no guns no money". There you should find some free templates or pdf files, etc. to download and print. I printed some on 2" x 3.5" business card stock and carry a few in my wallet. Hopefully you don't need more than a "few". Give one to the store manager.
K5GU, thanks for the tip, that is a great idea.
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

BCGlocker wrote:Wow, I never saw the white sign and i have delete the original hi-res photos. Next time I am in the area, I will take a photo of the white sign. Do you think that is the 30.06 sign?
Opened the photo in a new tab and maxed my zoom and it sure looks like a valid sign. In fact, it looks identical to one that was on a local FEDEX office the last time i went there about 4 years ago. The local Fedex/Kinkos is NOT posted so I use it.

texas-sig

Post by texas-sig »

Is this the one by the airport? Last time i used them they had no sign. But good to know they have one now since i probably won't use them next time i need to ship something.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Yes, that is a valid 30.06 sign. Most FedEx and UPS locations across North Texas that I have been to are posted with valid 30.06 signs.
Ron
NRA Member

Topic author
BCGlocker

Post by BCGlocker »

rtschl wrote:Yes, that is a valid 30.06 sign. Most FedEx and UPS locations across North Texas that I have been to are posted with valid 30.06 signs.

UPS too? I just went to a UPS store today and did not see any sign. How about DHL?
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

I should have been more specific as I was referring to shipping locations. The UPS customer service centers and distribution centers are posted 30.06. I believe many of the UPS stores are franchises where FedEx Office stores are not. But I have been in FedEx Office stores that are not posted, but FedEx and UPS shipping locations I've been to are.
Ron
NRA Member

K5GU
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K5GU »

I have a question. When the licensed 'open carry' laws are enacted in Texas, would it be a law violation if a business has a 30.07 sign posted but the owner/operator wants to open carry a handgun while inside his/her business?
Life is good.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

sbrawley wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:I've yet to see a UPS facility that wasn't posted, either.
The UPS's in my area aren't posted :clapping:
come to think of it, neither is the FedEx.
Read rtschl's post just above yours. I also was talking about shipping facilities (as pictured in the OP). I'm well aware that neither posts their storefront locations.

Probably because that "big ugly sign" would take away from all the other stuff they advertise on the storefront windows.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”