Ephiphany - OWB works just fine for concealed carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ephiphany - OWB works just fine for concealed carry

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:I honestly don't understand why anyone would reply to a very personal question posed by a complete stranger in public regarding a slight bulge around ones waist.

Let me put it this way: If it were any other very personal question asked by a complete stranger in public, would you feel obliged to answer or make something up?

My guess is you wouldn't.

Perhaps, you'd shake your head in disgust while saying nothing and keep walking.

But since you're (legally) carrying a concealed handgun, some of you feel you've no choice but to provide a reply, i.e., lie. Well, you don't have to fabricate an answer as you owe no answer.

Me, if ever asked a personal question by a stranger, I'm not going to provide some bogus answer to a question that should never be asked.

Am I being picky?

Nope, I'm just not made nervous because I'm legally carrying a pistol in an OWB holster that might create a bit of a bulge.
:clapping: :iagree: :clapping:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

I've carried IWB for quite s while now. Recently bought an OWB holster. It's comfortable but the IWB is just easier to conceal for me and I like how my belt holds the gun tight to my body.

On my property where I'm not so worried about concealing, I enjoy wearing the OWB holster. Guess I'm just another example why people end up with many holsters.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

PhillRoath

Post by PhillRoath »

I use the IWB Minotaur MTAC Holster for my 1911s. Very comfortable and keeps the grip snug to my body. I either wear a loose shirt over it or a sports jacket. Works great for me and I can use the tuckable feature to conceal if all I have is a tucked in shirt. Of course EMMV (Everyone's Millage May Vary) but for me this is what I do and the comfort is great.

Phill

rugsig

Post by rugsig »

Abraham wrote:I've never tried IWB as it always seemed like it would be very uncomfortable.

I'm an OWB guy.

A little bulge showing, who cares?

Very few people will notice and if they do, I will state: I don't care if they notice.

Nor, will I concern myself with: What if someone asks about the very slight bulge?

Puh-leeze, if someone is ill-mannered enough to ask, you are not obligated to give an answer.

If such a personal question IS asked, just stare at them. They'll get the message.
If they are rude enough to persist, you could reply, "You know, you're the very first stranger who has shown an interest in my bulge."

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Abraham wrote:I honestly don't understand why anyone would reply to a very personal question posed by a complete stranger in public regarding a slight bulge around ones waist.
Under those circumstances, I would be inclined to answer a question with a question. For example, ask them in very explicit terms about their preferences regarding certain marital physical acts.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

I tried an OWB for a couple days. It fit fine and concealed well enough but it just didn't feel as secure as the IWB. Not sure if it's because I'm used to IWB or what, but it felt wrong.

No, it wasn't a poor belt or holster.

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

I carry owb and have been since day 1 I carry a commander 1911. I have never had a problem. I bought a few square cut shirts I can wear out that covers my gun with no problem. I had to buy a new suit last week and the tailor was fitting me and bumped the gun but he said he was carrying also so no problem
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

Jason K
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jason K »

Let me put it this way: If it were any other very personal question asked by a complete stranger in public, would you feel obliged to answer or make something up?

My guess is you wouldn't.

Perhaps, you'd shake your head in disgust while saying nothing and keep walking.

But since you're (legally) carrying a concealed handgun, some of you feel you've no choice but to provide a reply, i.e., lie. Well, you don't have to fabricate an answer as you owe no answer.

Me, if ever asked a personal question by a stranger, I'm not going to provide some bogus answer to a question that should never be asked.

Am I being picky?

Nope, I'm just not made nervous because I'm legally carrying a pistol in an OWB holster that might create a bit of a bulge.

Well said.... :clapping:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”