Another School District Allowing Armed Teachers!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another School District Allowing Armed Teachers!

Post by chuck j »

Harrold School about 25 miles west of me was the first school in Texas to arm teachers and staff in 2007. I have talked to the principal on occasion and things have gone well , select teachers and staff take special training , no teacher is forced to carry . They are satisfied with their plan and doing well , staff that carry do not tell they are carrying . GO HARROLD !

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... s/1781663/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

chuck j wrote:Harrold School about 25 miles west of me was the first school in Texas to arm teachers and staff in 2007. I have talked to the principal on occasion and things have gone well , select teachers and staff take special training , no teacher is forced to carry . They are satisfied with their plan and doing well , staff that carry do not tell they are carrying . GO HARROLD !

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... s/1781663/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And no rivers of blood running down the hallways? Imagine that. People use the same arguments against school carry that they did when CHL was first introduced. They were wrong then and they are wrong now.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

LuvtheU.S.

Post by LuvtheU.S. »

Life for some must be very simple when they think they are correct with no room for doubt on any issue.

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Vol Texan »

LuvtheU.S. wrote:Life for some must be very simple when they think they are correct with no room for doubt on any issue.
You began this discussion (I believe your first post ever to this forum) with a reasonable posting, based on your intuition. You have been presented with actual data by other members, and you sum up your position by assuming we are simpletons. I suppose you can have your opinion, but I think your latest tactic implies that you must have some of the same qualities you're assigning to us. Perhaps VMI's post above applies here?

Don't misinterpret 20 years of actual data, plus the reasonings of people here who do carry everywhere, all the time, as a simplistic argument. We are not dismissing your opinions, rather we are trying to show you a different perspective, backed by data. But now, since you have decided to come off as dismissive of our perspective, by calling us simpletons, how do you expect us to respond?
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

LuvtheU.S.

Post by LuvtheU.S. »

Mr. Texan you are correct It was my first post, I read and picked up a great deal of very good info from many of you, before I joined this forum. The reason I joined was to participate in the discussions. The reason I picked that particular thread was because I know a little about the atmosphere on school campus's and felt I could contribute. I stated my reasons. Concerning the data that you mentioned so far as I know no CHL holder on any school campus anywhere has thwarted a catastrophe. I did not call anyone a simpleton I said life must be simple if you believe that you are right and I am wrong because that's the way you see it. When Mr. Jmra said hallways with rivers of blood running down them and people were wrong then and now. I found that sarcastic and arrogant.

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Vol Texan »

LuvtheU.S. wrote:Mr. Texan you are correct It was my first post, I read and picked up a great deal of very good info from many of you, before I joined this forum. The reason I joined was to participate in the discussions. The reason I picked that particular thread was because I know a little about the atmosphere on school campus's and felt I could contribute. I stated my reasons. Concerning the data that you mentioned so far as I know no CHL holder on any school campus anywhere has thwarted a catastrophe. I did not call anyone a simpleton I said life must be simple if you believe that you are right and I am wrong because that's the way you see it. When Mr. Jmra said hallways with rivers of blood running down them and people were wrong then and now. I found that sarcastic and arrogant.
JMRA was only quoting an oft-repeated cry that we hear all too often. It was not directed toward you, nor is it sarcastic, since it is said so often here, and by the antis.

Rivers of blood is what the anti-gunners claim will happen everywhere that gun laws are 'relaxed' - if not an exact quote, then definitely implied far too often. When CHL was allowed, this was the prophesy here in Texas, and we proved them wrong. Same thing in Illinois, but the crime rate in Chicago has gone DOWN since the CHL law was passed.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

""ANNA, Texas -- Teachers in the Anna Independent School District, could soon be allowed to carry guns in the classroom. "It allows selected individuals to posses weapons on campus. To protect the children and themselves." Anna ISD Superintendent Pete Slaughter, said the district is considering allowing select teachers to carry firearms inside the school.""

Anna ISD has a school population of around 3.000 students spread over 5 schools with 1 school resource officer.

The story:

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/Anna ... 02551.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

"ABILENE, Texas - A school marshal – with the ability to carry a concealed firearm and operate without students knowing who it is – has been approved to help keep watch in Abilene ISD schools. The school district’s board paved the way by taking action after a closed-door session Monday night."

The story:

http://www.ktxs.com/news/marshal-to-hel ... s/31199366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gosh I'm glad I live in Texas! :txflag:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”