Post by patterson »

I would like to see pictures of a barrel after shooting

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: S&W M&P issues - Chris Costa

Post by tomtexan »

patterson wrote:I would like to see pictures of a barrel after shooting
Same here. :iagree:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

surferdaddy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by surferdaddy »

Not 100% sure what I'm looking at, but I think I see A LOT of staples, a few previous shots covered with scotch tape and a few fairly decent shots more or less on target?
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

surferdaddy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by surferdaddy »

I recently sold an M&P compact 40, it funded my Xmas shopping. I miss it, it was super accurate and totally reliable. I acquired a g27 and it was simply redundant and I couldn't justify keeping both compact 40s. M&ps are awesome; no complaints and the target seems to show a decent string of fire to me.
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have a full-sized M&P45 which has been nothing but reliable and accurate. The main reason I rarely ever carry it is size & weight, even though it still weighs less loaded than my loaded 5" steel 1911. I've gotten used to my XDs/XDm pistols. I still carry the M&P as a sidearm when I'm hunting because I don't mind if it gets dirty or a little beat up. It cleans up easily, and it still functions reliably when dirty. Plus, I value the additional thumb safety in the field.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

My M&P9c has probably 750 rounds down the pipe and it's been extremely reliable and predictable, it's one of my favorite handguns. :thumbs2:
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

patterson
Posts in topic: 8

Post by patterson »

AndyC wrote:I like M&Ps a lot - this must be some sort of "bad batch" issue.
Yeah you are probably right, the M&P line of pistols are very popular and I think we would be hearing more of this issue if it was widespread

Trouble_Shooter

Post by Trouble_Shooter »

surferdaddy wrote:Not 100% sure what I'm looking at, but I think I see A LOT of staples, a few previous shots covered with scotch tape and a few fairly decent shots more or less on target?
X2

Just the new guy here but not on a range. My take is that ALOT of those holes are very uniform and clean cut. Most projectiles "rip" or "punch" not cut. Those look like low velocity impacts not stripped jackets. Jackets smashed apart on steel plates still have more than enough juice left in them to imbed themselves in plywood/2X12 pressure treated wood very well. ( Baffeling I helped install on a plate range.)

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

I'm a big S&W fan and an M&P 9 Shield is my every day carry. I have two Shields in 9mm and an M&Pc in 9mm. I've not had an issue with any of them. I'm not saying the guy can't have a point but I haven't seen it. Mine work perfectly with no issues.
Skip Bishop

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

Not to add confusion but I might suggest the odd holes might have come from another shooter/pieces of wood on a nearby target (the pics were at an outdoor range). I have to admit years ago shooting an new/unfamiliar handgun at an outdoor range and was having trouble finding my point of impact. After about 40 rounds I noticed holes printing on the guy's target next to mine. I was yanking the trigger quite shamefully. I corrected that fairly quickly and have enjoyed shooting that gun in various competitions.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

patterson
Posts in topic: 8

Post by patterson »

Back in the day shooting the S&W model29 I had I fell short of the paper target on the first couple of shots and the 240 grain hollowpoints shredded the target pretty good

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”