December 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 9

Re: December 2014

Post by jmra »

RJS wrote:11/27 applied online
11/29 fingerprints
12/6 class
12/10 application received
12/16 status change
12/18 plastic in hand

6 days from 'received' to status change, 8 days to get it in hand.... impressive job DPS! :txflag:
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

metzaballa wrote:12/17/14 - Everything Submitted. I am playing the waiting game too.
The way processing seems to be going, you ought to see it at the start of January, but hey, they could change your status tomorrow! ;-) Check daily, and then rinse and repeat again. :clapping:
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 8

Post by SA_Steve »

stuck in the twilight zone:

class 12-6
CHL uploaded 12-7
Prints 12-11
No Prints letter from TX DPS dated 12-16 (received 12-20) - says I have 90 days to get 'em
"The Dept has received your application...cannot be processed because the application did not include the required electronic fingerprints"

guess I'll give them a week or two and call and ask how to include the required electronic fingerprints

letter says I should use L1 Enrollment but fortunately the website provided in the letter resolves to Identogo so it looks like I used the correct fingerprint service

When I got my DL back in June they took all 10 fingerprints, wonder why they can get my photo from the DL folks but not the prints >?<
You may have the last word.

metzaballa
Posts in topic: 17

Post by metzaballa »

Charlies.Contingency wrote:
metzaballa wrote:12/17/14 - Everything Submitted. I am playing the waiting game too.
The way processing seems to be going, you ought to see it at the start of January, but hey, they could change your status tomorrow! ;-) Check daily, and then rinse and repeat again. :clapping:
That is what I'm hoping for. Thank you for the information. :hurry: :clapping: :anamatedbanana

SA_Steve

Post by SA_Steve »

When you say check daily - how do you do that now that their website does not offer that option?
You may have the last word.

Topic author
Tazman
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Tazman »

SA_Steve wrote:When you say check daily - how do you do that now that their website does not offer that option?
Log into where you originally applied online https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/ and you should see options on the right to change address, report lost etc. under the logout button. If you just see the logout button and the " pending...." message then you are still in progress. However, some have said that they recently received their license without the status change on the website so who knows!

dennisz
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dennisz »

Guess I'm in the wait process.

Application submitted 11-19
Fingerprints 12-1
Class 12-6
CHL-100 Submitted 12-7
Confirmation of documents received 12-8
Called DPS 12-18, they have all the docs needed

No status change or plastic yet, hope soon.

Dennis
Pipe Creek, TX

TXlaw1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXlaw1 »

My wife submitted all documentation on or before 11/30. Never got a confirmation on any submission. Called after 10 days and was rudely told that DPS never confirms anything. Checked and found status had changed on or about 18th. Plastic received on Monday, 22nd. Wally World walk completed today with her proud CHL, retired LEO husband!!! :clapping: So three weeks is not too long to wait. Making for a Merry Christmas and Happier New Year - now that we've got each other's back!!

And the same to all of you - Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and be safe out their friends.
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

jmra

Post by jmra »

TXlaw1 wrote:My wife submitted all documentation on or before 11/30. Never got a confirmation on any submission. Called after 10 days and was rudely told that DPS never confirms anything. Checked and found status had changed on or about 18th. Plastic received on Monday, 22nd. Wally World walk completed today with her proud CHL, retired LEO husband!!! :clapping: So three weeks is not too long to wait. Making for a Merry Christmas and Happier New Year - now that we've got each other's back!!

And the same to all of you - Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and be safe out their friends.
Congrats
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

OctateZero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by OctateZero »

OctateZero wrote: 11/27 Completed application online
11/29 CHL course (Black Friday special!)
12/2 Electronic fingerprints and uploaded supporting documents
12/3 Receipt of supporting documents confirmed
12/15 Called DPS and was informed they don't have my CHL-100 (despite the e-mail receipt on 12/3). Uploaded it again.
12/19 Called DPS, spoke with the nicest lady yet (maybe because it's early on a Friday), and was informed my license has been sent to printing and should arrive within a week
12/20 Status update on website
12/26 Received belated Christmas card from DPS :cheers2: and went for a walk at Wal-mart!

jmra

Post by jmra »

OctateZero wrote:
OctateZero wrote: 11/27 Completed application online
11/29 CHL course (Black Friday special!)
12/2 Electronic fingerprints and uploaded supporting documents
12/3 Receipt of supporting documents confirmed
12/15 Called DPS and was informed they don't have my CHL-100 (despite the e-mail receipt on 12/3). Uploaded it again.
12/19 Called DPS, spoke with the nicest lady yet (maybe because it's early on a Friday), and was informed my license has been sent to printing and should arrive within a week
12/20 Status update on website
12/26 Received belated Christmas card from DPS :cheers2: and went for a walk at Wal-mart!
Congrats
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TheBlake
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TheBlake »

I'll play too...

12/17 Applied On-line
12/19 Fingerprints
12/27 CHL Class
12/28 Upload CHL-100 to DPS
12/29 Confirmation Email from DPS
12/29 Upload Certified Court Doc (oops, forgot to upload with CHL-100)

Waiting, impatiently...

Topic author
Tazman
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Tazman »

From looking at the October, November and December "waiting" treads, it looks like the average wait time until your status changes on the website is from 18 to 19 days from the time everything is submitted. Well today is 19 days from the day that I got everything submitted and I checked the DPS website this morning and I have the option to change address, report lost/stolen etc. Woohooo! :woohoo

Now I just have to wait on the plastic to arrive which will probably be next week! :hurry:

jeremybme

Post by jeremybme »

Tazman wrote:From looking at the October, November and December "waiting" treads, it looks like the average wait time until your status changes on the website is from 18 to 19 days from the time everything is submitted. Well today is 19 days from the day that I got everything submitted and I checked the DPS website this morning and I have the option to change address, report lost/stolen etc. Woohooo! :woohoo

Now I just have to wait on the plastic to arrive which will probably be next week! :hurry:

Congrats! that pattern doesnt seem to hold for all of us. :-(
it's a bummer the website doesnt do a better job of telling you where your app is at in the process.

Strafe55
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Strafe55 »

I just talked to DPS in Austin so I thought I would post an update. I sent in my CHL-100 online on 12/8. Fingerprints and online application were done about a week prior to that. Still no status update on the CHL website. The lady I talked to said they had received all documents, but they have been backed up on background checks so it maybe about two more weeks before they issue my license. Hopefully that was just her giving a conservative estimate, and it will be wrapped up sooner.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”