Uploading documents to DPS

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
EdATX
Posts in topic: 2

Uploading documents to DPS

Post by EdATX »

Is this a good way to go about getting my CHL-100 to the DPS? I uploaded and was expecting some type of automatic confirmation email saying it was received, but nothing. Guess I can always swing by the DPS office during the week and drop it off.

The wait starts.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Uploading documents to DPS

Post by Taypo »

At least with us, we got a confirmation email a couple days later saying they got it. I think that gets sent when someone actually opens the app, rather than an auto response

Topic author
EdATX

Post by EdATX »

Cool, thanks for that. Wouldn't be able to make it to the office till Thursday no matter.
Taypo wrote:At least with us, we got a confirmation email a couple days later saying they got it. I think that gets sent when someone actually opens the app, rather than an auto response

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

If I recall correctly, we submitted everything on Saturday afternoon and got the confirmation on Monday morning. If anecdotal evidence is any indication, they're moving really fast right now.

RDT806
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RDT806 »

We submitted ours on Friday afternoon and received email confirmation within 30 mins. But it seems to vary. It can take a couple of days. If you don't get it within 2 business days I'd call them.

TXlaw1

Post by TXlaw1 »

My wife submitted on DPS web page the attachment of document on 11/30 and got a web page "thank you". But have never received an email, now 10 days later. Submitted a status request online but no response. So wife is calling today.

Update: Phone answerer said all docs are at DPS. BUT SHE CLAIMED they NEVER send notifications by email and never call and also claimed it might take 30-60 days. So no help from her! Glad others are having better results.
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

TXlaw1 wrote:My wife submitted on DPS web page the attachment of document on 11/30 and got a web page "thank you". But have never received an email, now 10 days later. Submitted a status request online but no response. So wife is calling today.

Update: Phone answerer said all docs are at DPS. BUT SHE CLAIMED they NEVER send notifications by email and never call and also claimed it might take 30-60 days. So no help from her! Glad others are having better results.
Like all customer service, there are people who give a damn and know what they're doing. Then there are clowns like the one you just talked to. Just gotta keep the faith.

TXlaw1

Post by TXlaw1 »

Taypo wrote:
TXlaw1 wrote:My wife submitted on DPS web page the attachment of document on 11/30 and got a web page "thank you". But have never received an email, now 10 days later. Submitted a status request online but no response. So wife is calling today.

Like all customer service, there are people who give a darn and know what they're doing. Then there are clowns like the one you just talked to. Just gotta keep the faith.
Yes indeed - keeping the faith. And wife will probably call back in another day at another time and hope to talk to someone who cares about the callers - the citizens of the Great State of Texas just trying to exercise their rights.
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”