"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Issue emailing documents to DPS...

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

XDK wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:Okay, I checked my phone, and it's supposed to use JPG photo, and the dps site say it must be .Jpeg, I thought this was the same thing, so I filled out the form and attatched my pictures on the site, but every time I hit submit, it reads some error... Cancel that, tried again, and it worked! The RSD gal told me I should expect it to process in the next thee days. I thanked her and complimented her for her helpfulness and patience. If only the DMV had people like that! :lol::

lol u got more of of them then i usually get :P usually i just get the blanket " 6 weeks or more " if i call
If I do recall, she said something along the lines of, "everything else has already processed and is ready to go, and we just need the certificate." I wonder if she literally means that, and they'll ship it out once they confirm the papers! :woohoo
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

WhoDat
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by WhoDat »

Mailed my packet in on the 11th, and my web status page just changed to give me the "change of address" option. Should I be expecting it soon?

XDK
Posts in topic: 8

Post by XDK »

WhoDat wrote:Mailed my packet in on the 11th, and my web status page just changed to give me the "change of address" option. Should I be expecting it soon?
3 to 5 days yes normally when status changes its been mailed

Lloyd-TX

Post by Lloyd-TX »

Took my class on October 11, and e-mailed the required docs on Tuesday the 14th. Received back the canned "docs received" e-mail that same day.

Hoping to hear something soon, BUT - as I have been NICS delayed (though NEVER denied) for each and every firearm purchase for the past six years, I'm not holding my breath.
Last edited by Lloyd-TX on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Lloyd C

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"

XDK

Post by XDK »

Lloyd-TX wrote:Took my class on October 11, and e-mailed the required docs on Tuesday the 14th. Received back the canned canned "docs received" e-mail that same day.

Hoping to hear something soon, BUT - as I have been NICS delayed (though NEVER denied) for each and every firearm purchase for the past six years, I'm not holding my breath.
haha took my class the 11th as well and paperwork/prints on 14th small world at least coincidence

Lloyd-TX

Post by Lloyd-TX »

XDK wrote:
Lloyd-TX wrote:Took my class on October 11, and e-mailed the required docs on Tuesday the 14th. Received back the canned canned "docs received" e-mail that same day.

haha took my class the 11th as well and paperwork/prints on 14th small world at least coincidence
Any news on your license yet?

BTW, where did you take your class? Took mine at the new GRG range on 59 in Rosenberg.
Regards,
Lloyd C

XDK

Post by XDK »

Lloyd-TX wrote:
XDK wrote:

BTW, where did you take your class? Took mine at the new GRG range on 59 in Rosenberg.

not really , i got a call from dps other day saying 5-10 more days called them 3-4 days later seeing if background went ok (wasnt sure what paperwork to submit from court) then they say oh could be another 6 weeks like really? spring guns and ammo in spring

Lloyd-TX

Post by Lloyd-TX »

XDK wrote:
Lloyd-TX wrote:
XDK wrote:

not really , i got a call from dps other day saying 5-10 more days called them 3-4 days later seeing if background went ok (wasnt sure what paperwork to submit from court) then they say oh could be another 6 weeks like really? spring guns and ammo in spring
Ah - OK.
I hear that Spring Guns and Ammo is a great shop.
Regards,
Lloyd C

flytoride
Posts in topic: 10

Re: My irritatigly long, mailbox checking, windows refreshin

Post by flytoride »

Charlies.Contingency wrote:
flytoride wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:
flytoride wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:Hello All, I finally took the time to get my prints done, and I mailed off all of my paperwork one september 29th 2014, and I am still waiting for some sort update on the website. 28 days now and nothing new, and I am a terribly impatient individual. I am current law enforcement, and I reside out of Bexar County. That being said, I have a squeky clean record, and I am not worried about any background issues. I am supprised that it is taking so long for their ackowledgement that they recieved my papers. Nothing in the mail back, no calls, and no emails.

Any comments or personal suggestions? (And yes, I used snail mail, but I live rurally without internet. Posting by phone.)

You're not alone. I'm on day 38 and haven't gotten anything from them either.
I would be satisfied if I don't have to wait as long as you already have. :biggrinjester:

But I know it's going to be a while, but I just want to get some reassurance that they received it!
Give them a call at (512) 424-7293. They will usually at least tell you whether or not they have received your information. Whether or not you get more information than that seems to depend on who you get.
I called the number provided, and after a 30min talk with the extremely helpful gal on the other sode, she had discovered that my packet was never recieved, and at this point, it could be assumed it is lost. The sent me a letter, but in my letter to them, I sent a notifcation of mailing Address change, they they sent it to the wrong place. She then advised me to email or fax them the papers, and I advised her I am deployed to a worksite for 30 more days, and that I have no access to a scanner or fax machine. She then told me that if I could get a good photo of my papers, and emailed them in Jpeg format? I think I can do that off of my I-phone 4, and email it from here in the middle of nowhere! Do ya'll think it will be the right format for them?

I'm glad you got all that sorted out. May we both get our licenses soon! Day 45 and counting haha.

houserco
Posts in topic: 1

Post by houserco »

Started my application Oct 22nd (Monday night 8pm) uploading all supporting documents via RSD secure email to DPS, received confirmation from DPS Oct 23rd. Received CHL today (Nov 1). 9 days from application to mailbox. Not bad I'd say.

Just to be granular as I'm sure people will be wondering. I grew in up in TX moving out of state when I was 21. Moved back a few months ago and applied for a new license (they gave me my old number surprisingly). DL came mid Oct. I applied a week later for CHL. I had a carry permit in my old state and but was a year expired.

Also - my status NEVER changed from the "If you applied for a CHL permit please allow the proper time - blah blah blah". Nothing on the right hand side. I checked Thurs night and still no change. When I checked Friday (next day), I now had an option for "change address, report lost or stolen license etc" and I got my license the very next day (on Sat). It seems to be hit or miss but if everything looks good to them and all information is accurate... a week and a half (not even) is a damn good turn around time. Not every instance will be the same but right now they are turning things around pretty quick.

Echo5iveDelta
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Echo5iveDelta »

03 October 2014 - CHL Course (CHLNow in Houston)
10 October 2014 - Fingerprinted
10 October 2014 - CHL100/Fingerprint Form/DD214 Uploaded
30 October 2014 - Called to confirm receipt of all required document. DPS confirms, license pending.
01 November 2014 - No Change in Application Status :mad5
“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I’ll kill you all.”
-General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, United States Marine Corps

XDK

Post by XDK »

houserco wrote:Started my application Oct 22nd (Monday night 8pm) uploading all supporting documents via RSD secure email to DPS, received confirmation from DPS Oct 23rd. Received CHL today (Nov 1). 9 days from application to mailbox. Not bad I'd say.

Just to be granular as I'm sure people will be wondering. I grew in up in TX moving out of state when I was 21. Moved back a few months ago and applied for a new license (they gave me my old number surprisingly). DL came mid Oct. I applied a week later for CHL. I had a carry permit in my old state and but was a year expired.

Also - my status NEVER changed from the "If you applied for a CHL permit please allow the proper time - blah blah blah". Nothing on the right hand side. I checked Thurs night and still no change. When I checked Friday (next day), I now had an option for "change address, report lost or stolen license etc" and I got my license the very next day (on Sat). It seems to be hit or miss but if everything looks good to them and all information is accurate... a week and a half (not even) is a darn good turn around time. Not every instance will be the same but right now they are turning things around pretty quick.
lucky u :P

today is day 18 for me

Echo5iveDelta
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Echo5iveDelta »

I'm noticing a trend as I lurk in the shadows that those who have a longer wait time have lived for extensive periods out of state. Maybe it's just sheer speculation as I grow impatient...
“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I’ll kill you all.”
-General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, United States Marine Corps

flytoride
Posts in topic: 10

Post by flytoride »

Echo5iveDelta wrote:I'm noticing a trend as I lurk in the shadows that those who have a longer wait time have lived for extensive periods out of state. Maybe it's just sheer speculation as I grow impatient...
Not for me, I've been in Texas for most of my life.

Lloyd-TX

Post by Lloyd-TX »

Echo5iveDelta wrote:03 October 2014 - CHL Course (CHLNow in Houston)
10 October 2014 - Fingerprinted
10 October 2014 - CHL100/Fingerprint Form/DD214 Uploaded
30 October 2014 - Called to confirm receipt of all required document. DPS confirms, license pending.
01 November 2014 - No Change in Application Status :mad5
Dad-gum - that was FAST!
Regards,
Lloyd C

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”