Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
johncanfield
Posts in topic: 10

Ordered a Ruger LC9s

Post by johncanfield »

:cheers2: :woohoo

I've been wanting a single stack pocket gun for several months so ordered the LC9s from Buds this afternoon. I've never handled an LC9 much less an s model so it will be interesting to see how my hand likes it - hoping for the best. Range report in a week or so.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

CC Italian
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ordered a Ruger LC9s

Post by CC Italian »

I think you will like it. I shot a LC9 and it is defiantly snappier then my Shield but not a deal killer. My wife has the LC380 same size as LC9. While it is smaller then the shield it is still bigger then a cm9 kahr. I could carry in the front pocket with jeans but it would need to be a bigger pocket to get out easily. I tried it in my loose fit jeans and it was ok but printed a little much for me. Works great though in my Vertex pants :thumbs2: . Can't see it at all and it's a quick draw.

Topic author
johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Hopefully I'll be happy with it. I didn't think it was going to be a mouse gun like wifey's Sig P238 but it will be smaller than my M&P and should be easier to carry - need to buy a couple of holsters for it now.

patterson
Posts in topic: 3

Post by patterson »

Did you get the LC9s instead of the Sig 238? Ruger makes quality firearms, I don't have a LC9 but I do have a SR1911 and a SP101 357 and have not had issues with either

patterson

Post by patterson »

I meant the Sig 239

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

I'm pretty sure you'll like it, John. Everyone that's tried my LC-9s has wanted to hang on to it. And, if it can be described as a "mouse gun" when it reliably goes through Hornady's Critical Defense ammo like it was eating candy, then so be it. I really like mine.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

spolct

Post by spolct »

Looks like we've done the exact same thing, but in reverse. My EDC for the past few years has been the LC9 and I recently acquired an M&P 9c. After lugging the 9c around, the LC9 feels like a spare mag. I'll probably be swapping the LC9 for the 's' model here in the next few months. I really really like the 9c and it's taken over primary carry duty but the LC9 still is nice to have.

My LC9 has mostly ridden in a Theis IWB horsehide hybrid, as well as the remora sticky holster for pocket carry. I have an OWB leather pancake that is comfy and hides it well so long as the shirt is long enough.

Enjoy the LC9s.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

Do all LC9 and 9s have the magazine disconnect? Does the LC9s have the load chamber indicator?

Thanks

spolct

Post by spolct »

carlson1 wrote:Do all LC9 and 9s have the magazine disconnect? Does the LC9s have the load chamber indicator?

Thanks
Both have the stock mag disconnect. 's' doesn't have the loaded chamber indicator.

Topic author
johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

patterson wrote:I meant the Sig 239
I offered my buddy five bills for the 239 and he didn't bite and wouldn't tell me what he wanted for it, I think after shooting it he decided to keep it. Nice gun, if I ever have another opportunity to pick one up, I'll do it.
spolct wrote:Looks like we've done the exact same thing, but in reverse. My EDC for the past few years has been the LC9 and I recently acquired an M&P 9c. After lugging the 9c around, the LC9 feels like a spare mag. I'll probably be swapping the LC9 for the 's' model here in the next few months. I really really like the 9c and it's taken over primary carry duty but the LC9 still is nice to have.

My LC9 has mostly ridden in a Theis IWB horsehide hybrid, as well as the remora sticky holster for pocket carry. I have an OWB leather pancake that is comfy and hides it well so long as the shirt is long enough.

Enjoy the LC9s.
Thanks. The M&P9c will continue to be my primary EDC but the LC9s will be a throw in the belt gun when I'm wearing tighter clothes. The M&P is relatively heavy - sometimes my back hurts and I wish I had a lighter carry so problem solved.

patterson

Post by patterson »

John enjoy the LC9s and give us a range report

FuziDave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by FuziDave »

i ordered one from Bud's too. finally got to shoot it today. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

i did have the LC9, but that long trigger pull just messed me up. i couldn't hit what i was aiming at. wound up selling it.

the LC9s trigger pull is shorter. hit where i was aiming. great little gun. and unlike the LCP, after 100 rounds through it, my hand wasn't hurting. ;)
FuziDave

Topic author
johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Got that phone call (that we all love to get) right after lunch that my LC9s came in so I made a run to pick it up. First impressions are really good. I like the feel of it, the fit and finish seems to be very good (I have not field-stripped as yet though.) The slide spring seems really stiff but that should get better after a couple of hundred rounds are fired. Trigger seems okay, the reset seemed a little long and inconsistent and the pull seemed just a tiny tad on the gritty side but I'm being hyper-critical since it's a new gun.

Wife came in and immediately pulled it out of the IWB Talon holster (I ordered it a few days ago) and said, "this feels nice, it fits a woman's hand very nicely..." :shock: Uh-oh, I ordered this for me. Her EDC is a Sig P238 and we compared the two and the SIg is a little shorter but the two compare closely in size, that was a huge surprise for me.
LC9s-1.jpg
LC9s-2.jpg
LC9s-3.jpg
Last edited by johncanfield on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

More pix...
LC9s-4.jpg
LC9s-5.jpg
LC9s-P238-1.jpg

Topic author