17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 13

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by RoyGBiv »

philip964 wrote:http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-r ... page=0%2C2

The woman who wrote the "5 most dangerous guns in America" article in Rolling Stone has written other things.

The above is what she wrote after Zimmerman was acquitted.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/pi ... a-20140714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here’s the list:
Pistols.... Revolvers/Handguns.... Rifles.... Shotguns.... Derringers

She's a literary genius. "rlol" "rlol"
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... awyer-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Darren Wilson, George Zimmerman's lawyer says don't rush to prosecute.

Benjamin Crump, the Trayvon Martin family lawyer, is representing the family of Michael Brown.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... honor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Dragonfighter »

"That BABY was executed in broad daylight."
-em mine

:roll:

Ferguson PD did poop in their mess kit though. When you come in like a military force and start attempting to quiet the press, you don't win any votes of confidence.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Post by sjfcontrol »

I heard on talk radio from somebody that was (presumptively) there, that the press essentially invaded McDonalds. That they'd been there all day, and yes, they WERE customers, but probably just bought a cup of coffee, then wanted free refills all day. That management asked them to leave, and they refused. So the police were called. The police asked them to leave, resulting in one of them exclaiming, "Can't you see I'm working!!??" This didn't go down well with the officers, so they arrested them. No charges were filed, and they eventually were allowed to leave. Mickey-D's called the cops, and they were just doing their jobs. No suppression there, but that's not how those involved wrote it up.

Since you can't trust the press to give an honest story when they're not involved -- how can you possibly expect an honest story when the press IS the story?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 134

Post by mamabearCali »

Another reason for lapel cameras. It would remove all doubt in both situations.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

suthdj
Posts in topic: 13

Post by suthdj »

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/ ... -1.1937738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Lord have mercy this guy is cursed. He is going to get himself thrown in jail. Perhaps Mr. Zimmerman's sustained some brain damage from that sidewalk.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

mamabearCali wrote:Lord have mercy this guy is cursed. He is going to get himself thrown in jail. Perhaps Mr. Zimmerman's sustained some brain damage from that sidewalk.
Not cursed, damaged. Damaged by going through a year of death threats, prosecution, persecution, divorce and general hatred from the general public. It's not likely to end well for him. I feel sorry for him.
Never Forget. Image

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Either way I think he is on a self destructive bend that is going to end up badly. I am sorry for him. Sometimes the taking of a life and all the subsequent drama unhinged people. Sometimes having a personal faith helps. If he had a close friend it would help too. People can live through this type of stuff, but not without having something that centers them.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

mamabearCali wrote:Either way I think he is on a self destructive bend that is going to end up badly. I am sorry for him. Sometimes the taking of a life and all the subsequent drama unhinged people. Sometimes having a personal faith helps. If he had a close friend it would help too. People can live through this type of stuff, but not without having something that centers them.
My guess is that all his friends (including his wife) abandoned him. Can't really blame them. It would take someone of exceptional character (and bravery) to stand at his side through all this.
Never Forget. Image

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

I dunno, someone punches my husband in the head nearly killing him and he does what he must to save his own life. Doesnt seem like a good reason to call it quits. Seems like a good reason to kiss him a few times more. I know he is not a racist, I know he only defended himself. Come what may, I took my vows to my husband (and God) not CNN. Most decent women would be able to endure through that. But you would need a solid foundation before all that.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

mamabearCali wrote:I dunno, someone punches my husband in the head nearly killing him and he does what he must to save his own life. Doesnt seem like a good reason to call it quits. Seems like a good reason to kiss him a few times more. I know he is not a racist, I know he only defended himself. Come what may, I took my vows to my husband (and God) not CNN. Most decent women would be able to endure through that. But you would need a solid foundation before all that.

As regarda a wife, there were hints that there may have been problems before the attack. Even with a strong foundation the stress would be tremendous on the relationship.

Another thing that has crossed my mind regarding his behavior... After going thru all that, and coming out the other side, he may have a sense of invincibility now. A feeling that he can do whatever he wants without consequence. That seems to be how he's behaving.
Never Forget. Image

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

When I read this story, my first reaction was not again. Then I saw that the guy making the accusation recognized Zimmerman before Zimmerman supposedly did anything. Without knowing any of the details or the motivations, my speculation is that this guy saw a chance to mess with Zimmerman and took it. He's already been accused of threatening behavior with his wife and father-in-law, both of which never resulted in charges. You have to think, given his notoriety that charges would have been filed if there had been any substantive evidence. So this appears to me (again, purely speculating) another case of false charges being flung just to screw up his life a little more. The report says the guy is refusing to press charges. If someone did what he claims Zimmerman did, to you, would you refuse to press charges?

The guy needs to move out of Florida permanently. He has no chance of a quiet life there.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

baldeagle wrote: The guy needs to move out of Florida permanently. He has no chance of a quiet life there.
:iagree:
Never Forget. Image

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 20

Post by drjoker »

baldeagle wrote:When I read this story, my first reaction was not again. Then I saw that the guy making the accusation recognized Zimmerman before Zimmerman supposedly did anything. Without knowing any of the details or the motivations, my speculation is that this guy saw a chance to mess with Zimmerman and took it. He's already been accused of threatening behavior with his wife and father-in-law, both of which never resulted in charges. You have to think, given his notoriety that charges would have been filed if there had been any substantive evidence. So this appears to me (again, purely speculating) another case of false charges being flung just to screw up his life a little more. The report says the guy is refusing to press charges. If someone did what he claims Zimmerman did, to you, would you refuse to press charges?

The guy needs to move out of Florida permanently. He has no chance of a quiet life there.
Yep, he should seriously consider moving to Texas.

Return to “Off-Topic”