AR Was Stolen From Truck

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

karder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AR Was Stolen From Truck

Post by karder »

That happened to one of the guys I work with. His GMC had the passenger side lock punched out and he did not even notice. His phone and laptop were taken. He did not notice the laptop was gone and thought he had lost his phone. The next day an officer arrived at work and had his phone and laptop! It seems that the crooks punched the wrong lock and a cop saw them and nailed him and recovered my friends stolen stuff before he even knew it was gone. Talk about lucky.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Topic author
sooperdooper
Posts in topic: 5

Post by sooperdooper »

CainA wrote:I'm sure you were sick when you discovered the thievery, I know I would be. I notice you live in Spring and so do I. Did this take place in Spring?

Check backpage.com too.

http://houston.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Listings for guns don't last very long on Craigslist since they're one of the many 'prohibited' items to sell there, but it won't hurt to check.

I was at Lupe Tortilla at 249 and Spring Cypress
46 days MB to MB

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

One of my good friends had his full-sized HK USP .40 stolen out of the locked center console of his pickup truck during church services a few months back.......at our church in Grapevine, in a low-crime area, parked where there is both foot and slow moving vehicle traffic often even during services, and parking attendants. The thieves also stole his jacket.

His truck is a F150, about 2 years old.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

My buddy just sent me this link about a colleague's of his Ford was stolen last n ight. It took 75 seconds. SEVENTY FIVE & that was with him taking his time.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's with about 30 seconds of alarm/lights.

This also makes me think about the quality of camera I get installed because this video is next to useless on identifying the thief.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

LAYGO wrote:My buddy just sent me this link about a colleague's of his Ford was stolen last n ight. It took 75 seconds. SEVENTY FIVE & that was with him taking his time.

This also makes me think about the quality of camera I get installed because this video is next to useless on identifying the thief.
Wow!

Unbelievable that it's just that easy.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

tomtexan wrote:
LAYGO wrote:My buddy just sent me this link about a colleague's of his Ford was stolen last n ight. It took 75 seconds. SEVENTY FIVE & that was with him taking his time.

Wow!

Unbelievable that it's just that easy.
I'm also of the belief that the thief had one of those 'master keys' that will start any Ford. If you notice, he doesn't do anything violent with the ignition. Just starts it up, rolls away.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Sorry for your loss... thieves suck.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

I used to daily drive a Jeep Wrangler - the motto of my fellow Jeepers was this: it's the easiest vehicle to get into, take anything of value with you. I still adhere to that to this day as much as possible.

Sorry for your loss by scumbags, best wishes for full recovery. :tiphat:

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

As an aside, WRT stealing a vehicle, when I had an '89 5.0 Mustang you could easily reach under the seat and pull the fuel pump relay. The only way that it was moving if it was towed. I've known some folks to install a hidden kill switch under the dash to do the same thing. However a scumbag with a repo wrecker can still snag it - years ago I had a nice car hauler with a fancy hitch lock but that didn't stop said scumbag from chaining up to it and stealing it. The cops caught him a few miles down the road though. I got it back, although he tried to get it out of the impound lot after he bonded out (I didn't even know it was gone, it was in the storage area of my apartment complex, many moons ago, cops stopped him due to no lights on trailer, his story didn't add up, now I have things in my garage/enclosure, still no guarantees though. Trailer, race car and contents/spares are insured for agreed value).

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”