August 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Pluto
Posts in topic: 2

August 2014

Post by Pluto »

I haven't seen a thread for August 2014 yet, so I thought I would start one. I've already received my chl, but it did help when everyone from the same month was waiting with me. Hope August is a speedy month for you guys.

five.five-six

Re: August 2014

Post by five.five-six »

I hope so too.

Application: 7/24
Class: 7/26
Fingerprints/ submitted docs Online: 7/29
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson

mulfjohn

Post by mulfjohn »

Hello all. Haven't posted anything here before but have posted elsewhere. Just got acall from DPS telling me my application is processed and will have that little piece of plastic in 5-10 days. Started this journey on 7/2/14. So its been 34 days
which is not that bad. So for those still waiting, DPS has gotten a little quicker with their turnaround time. Can't wait for my first wally walk.

five.five-six

Post by five.five-six »

Just got the status change today to change address or report lost-stolen license. That is really fast, 6 working days from the time I submitted my paperwork. :txflag:
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson

txglock21
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txglock21 »

It's been a while since I was in the "waiting room". Even though I just applied for a change of address only, I figured I would re-visit the room. :mrgreen: I hope my "visit" doesn't last as long as my last one. :lol::
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Blue Demon

Post by Blue Demon »

five.five-six wrote:Just got the status change today to change address or report lost-stolen license. That is really fast, 6 working days from the time I submitted my paperwork. :txflag:
Wow, can't believe that, congrats!

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CoolBreeze »

I just did a change of address also. I wonder how long this will take?
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

mulfjohn

Post by mulfjohn »

Plastics in hand. Just arrived today. So adieu to all. I'm out of here. :tiphat: :anamatedbanana :txflag:

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

mulfjohn wrote:Plastics in hand. Just arrived today. So adieu to all. I'm out of here. :tiphat: :anamatedbanana :txflag:
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CoolBreeze »

I just got my change of address plastic. They must be cooking now!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

cultzombie

Post by cultzombie »

I applied on 7/13, and did my fingerprints a few days later, a couple of weeks before taking the class. I submitted my CHL-100, along with a copy of the application confirmation email, online on August 4th, but have not received any confirmation about those documents -- should I have received one?

Also, the lady at IdenToGo said I should send in my FAST paperwork as a supporting document, but the checklist email doesn't mention that; it just says, "Electronic fingerprints submitted using FAST (for more information regarding fingerprint services visit the Regulatory Services Division website at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/CHL/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)". Should I submit that online separately anyway? Or will sending unnecessary documents cause the whole thing to slow down?

- CZ

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

CoolBreeze wrote:I just got my change of address plastic. They must be cooking now!
Me too! 5 days including the weekend. They used my old CHL picture instead of driver license picture, which I'm still waiting for even though I did it first. They also put "Veteran" on new one, didn't have on the old one. NICE! :thumbs2:

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

cultzombie wrote:I applied on 7/13, and did my fingerprints a few days later, a couple of weeks before taking the class. I submitted my CHL-100, along with a copy of the application confirmation email, online on August 4th, but have not received any confirmation about those documents -- should I have received one?

Also, the lady at IdenToGo said I should send in my FAST paperwork as a supporting document, but the checklist email doesn't mention that; it just says, "Electronic fingerprints submitted using FAST (for more information regarding fingerprint services visit the Regulatory Services Division website at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/CHL/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)". Should I submit that online separately anyway? Or will sending unnecessary documents cause the whole thing to slow down?

- CZ
I can't say on the first part, but as far as the fingerprints, I wouldn't worry about it unless they send you something saying they didn't get them or if there was a problem with them.

proheath

Post by proheath »

Hey all,

First time poster here at TexasCHLForum.
Received my license yesterday, so here's a timeline for anyone currently waiting:

June 21: Class.
June 22: Submitted initial application.
August 3: Finally got prints done. Took forever to find a time/location due to work schedule.
August 4: Submitted final required documentation online.
August 11: Plastic in hand.

My status on RSD's site does not even reflect receipt of application.
I definitely did not expect to see my card that quickly.

Can anyone speak to whether or not TX DPS does anything with incomplete applications?
It had been on file for about 1.5 months before I submitted final paperwork -- maybe they got to work on my background prior to my final submission.

proheath

Post by proheath »

From what I'm reading here and on other forums, 7 days from final submission to plastic in hand is just ridiculous.
Maybe I'm lucky.

Nevertheless, I love Texas and she loves me back.

Wally walk was fun. :D
Spent a good 15 minutes in a crowded line at the pharmacy. That alone pretty much rid me of the initial paranoia.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”