May 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Re: May 2014

Post by Pluto »

Gillster wrote:
Gillster wrote:Let my CHL expire years ago and finally decided to apply for a new one. So far:

Online app 6/12
Class 6/13
Fingerprints 6/18
Submitted all docs online 6/19
Confirmation email 6/23
Address change screen on DPS site 7/19
Still waiting on plastic, maybe this week.

Chris
Update: Plastic arrived today, so 34 days from email box to mail box. A lot less then I was expecting.

Congrats..I submitted docs 5/12 and still waiting

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Ok guys...I thought the time would have never come...I've enjoyed this waiting room, but on this day....this day the dps and regulatory Gods have answered my prayers...ladies and gentleman

MY CHL HAS ARRIVED!!! :thewave :cheers2: :anamatedbanana :clapping: :coolgleamA: :smash: :fire :txflag:

It has been a fun 74 day mailbox to mailbox wait (not really) and I hate to go, but I can't stay here. So here's to my last beer and shot of whiskey in the waiting room and here's a farewell to all of you fellow waiter minions that listened to all my rants and dealt with my impatience...I bid you good luck and may you receive yours soon too. I'll be around to answer anyone's questions since most just get their license and leave. Good luck and good bye, for now.

jeffdick
Posts in topic: 26

Post by jeffdick »

Pluto wrote:Ok guys...I thought the time would have never come...I've enjoyed this waiting room, but on this day....this day the dps and regulatory Gods have answered my prayers...ladies and gentleman

MY CHL HAS ARRIVED!!! :thewave :cheers2: :anamatedbanana :clapping: :coolgleamA: :smash: :fire :txflag:

It has been a fun 74 day mailbox to mailbox wait (not really) and I hate to go, but I can't stay here. So here's to my last beer and shot of whiskey in the waiting room and here's a farewell to all of you fellow waiter minions that listened to all my rants and dealt with my impatience...I bid you good luck and may you receive yours soon too. I'll be around to answer anyone's questions since most just get their license and leave. Good luck and good bye, for now.

lucky!!! :thumbs2: and I'm the last person from May still WAITING :drool:
Submitted all documets - 5/19

sly817
Posts in topic: 14

Post by sly817 »

Currently at 71 days.
So called last week and was told my background check was still in progress which is what they have said for the last 2 weeks. Another week has passed so I decided to call again today they said that my file had been sent to a technician for further review and that and I will either get my card or a request for more information and this may take another 2 to 3 weeks. I am hoping this is a normal step after the background check and it does not mean there is a issue with my application.
04/24/14 - Application Submitted
04/28/14 - Finger Prints
05/10/14 - Class Completion
05/12/14 - Mailed Via USPS
05/14/14 - Delivered Via USPS
07/31/14 - Status Change Allowing Change of Address ad Report Lost or Stolen Card

infoman
Posts in topic: 11

Post by infoman »

That means you've been arrested before, files of those who have been arrested take much longer than someone who's never been arrested before.

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

infoman wrote:That means you've been arrested before, files of those who have been arrested take much longer than someone who's never been arrested before.
I've been arrested before too and my background check took around a week and a half or so...and it never went to anyone other than the "eligibility department" to get it signed off and approved

sly817

Post by sly817 »

infoman wrote:That means you've been arrested before, files of those who have been arrested take much longer than someone who's never been arrested before.
I did do a few stupid things back when I was a teenager lol but none of the chargers make me ineligible for a chl and been over 10 years so I guess I will just have to wait longer but good to know. Thanks..
04/28/14 - Finger Prints
07/31/14 - Status Change Allowing Change of Address ad Report Lost or Stolen Card

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

sly817 wrote:
I did do a few stupid things back when I was a teenager lol but none of the chargers make me ineligible for a chl and been over 10 years so I guess I will just have to wait longer but good to know. Thanks..
I got a DWI reduced to Reckless Driving back in May of 2006...and it took me 74 days I would just be patient and I know it's easier said than done...I have literally called the state just about everyday for 2 weeks until I got a phone call back saying it was approved and to wait 10 business days...5 business days later it was in the mailbox...I was told that the background can take 2-6 weeks...just be patient...once you receive it all the excitement goes away and relief kicks in immediately

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Ps: it was 82 days from when I submitted my app...74 days mailbox to mailbox

scruff254
Posts in topic: 1

Post by scruff254 »

I also submitted docs on 5/12 and received plastic yesterday.
74 days mailbox to mailbox
"Chance favors a prepared mind"

mr1337
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mr1337 »

sly817 wrote:Currently at 71 days.
So called last week and was told my background check was still in progress which is what they have said for the last 2 weeks. Another week has passed so I decided to call again today they said that my file had been sent to a technician for further review and that and I will either get my card or a request for more information and this may take another 2 to 3 weeks. I am hoping this is a normal step after the background check and it does not mean there is a issue with my application.
Contact your State reps and see if they can move things along. They can call DPS on your behalf, which should make them more responsive.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

interesting10
Posts in topic: 12

Post by interesting10 »

My plastic finally arrived yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :cheers2: :coolgleamA: :hurry: :patriot: :thumbs2: "rlol" :drool: :woohoo :lol:: :anamatedbanana :fire :thewave
I am out of the waiting room!!!! See everyone in other rooms!!!!
Interesting10

jeffdick

Post by jeffdick »

Talked with my State Rep Office today and they said that they would call and they said, " A phone call from us and it will be shaken loose!" Said that the DPS has out sourced the chl process to a third party contractor and that they were not happy with the service they were receiving.

sly817

Post by sly817 »

Good to know I'm not the last one still in here waiting from May at least. I will probably be contacting my rep at the end of the week if they still have not issued my card.
04/28/14 - Finger Prints

jeffdick

Post by jeffdick »

sly817 wrote:Good to know I'm not the last one still in here waiting from May at least. I will probably be contacting my rep at the end of the week if they still have not issued my card.

Guess it's just me and you left. I've been in background check since July 8...time to move on a lil. Called again this morning and they actually forwarded my call the the person reviewing my application, not that she answered but I did leave a message. I encourage you to call.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”