May 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

bdbdbd
Posts in topic: 2

Re: May 2014

Post by bdbdbd »

bdbdbd wrote:New to the forum, but I've been creeping on it for a while. Just thought I'd let y'all know.
I submitted all docs on 5/19 via email.
No status updates.
Contacted my state rep on 7/3, gave them my info and asked for some help getting status.
State rep contacted DPS on 7/7 (after the holiday weekend)
I just got a voicemail from DPS, saying my CHL was being printed and I should have it in a few days. 7/8

Coincidence? Maybe :fire

Bear

Plastic in-hand, July 12

jmra
Posts in topic: 42

Post by jmra »

bdbdbd wrote:
bdbdbd wrote:New to the forum, but I've been creeping on it for a while. Just thought I'd let y'all know.
I submitted all docs on 5/19 via email.
No status updates.
Contacted my state rep on 7/3, gave them my info and asked for some help getting status.
State rep contacted DPS on 7/7 (after the holiday weekend)
I just got a voicemail from DPS, saying my CHL was being printed and I should have it in a few days. 7/8

Coincidence? Maybe :fire

Bear

Plastic in-hand, July 12
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jeffdick
Posts in topic: 26

Post by jeffdick »

We submitted documents 5/19. My wife's is in the mail. My status has yet to change. Talk with a lady at the CHL department today and she said that everything was done. Just needed to be signed off on and it could be another week or 2. Hope that means it's pretty much said and done.
Submitted all documets - 5/19

Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Selina Kyle »

Auuuugh. Hubs got his today (renewal), and I'm STILL waiting on mine. I know, patience is a virtue, but I just want my plastic.
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

EnigmaEvo8
Posts in topic: 14

Post by EnigmaEvo8 »

Website just updated for me this morning to the change address and all the other stuff. So if this is the new way, then not too much longer for me.
Online Application 4/29/14 Fingerprints 5/5/14
CHL Class 5/31/14 Documents E-Mailed 5/31/14
Documents received confirmation 6/2/14
CHL in hand 7/17/14

llucas
Posts in topic: 20

Post by llucas »

I decided to call chl this morning since it has been more than 60 days since my docs were mailed. After a 30 minute wait on the phone a very cordial man told me everything is complete except the FBI background check and that the background check can take up to 60 days. If the background check takes that long this could easily turn into a four month wait. Also, they do not know when online status check will again be functional.
:banghead:
4/23/14 -- applied online; 4/29/14 -- electronic fingerprints.
5/7/14 -- docs uploaded on chl site; 5/13/14 -- docs mailed.
9/5/14 -- plastic arrived in the mailbox

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Pluto »

llucas wrote:I decided to call chl this morning since it has been more than 60 days since my docs were mailed. After a 30 minute wait on the phone a very cordial man told me everything is complete except the FBI background check and that the background check can take up to 60 days. If the background check takes that long this could easily turn into a four month wait. Also, they do not know when online status check will again be functional.
:banghead:
Welcome to the club I've been in background check for 2 weeks and am told it can take up to 6 weeks...my girlfriend already got hers and it makes the wait so much worse

bryan1980
Posts in topic: 15

Post by bryan1980 »

Well, I finally got the "Change Information" status screen, so maybe mine will be on the way soon :hurry: :cheers2: :thumbs2:
5/21/14 - Submitted online app.
5/24/14 - Class
5/27/14 - Submitted CHL-100 & checklist
7/18/14 - Plastic in hand

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Post by CoolBreeze »

bryan1980 wrote:Well, I finally got the "Change Information" status screen, so maybe mine will be on the way soon :hurry: :cheers2: :thumbs2:
Congrats!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

gsansing
Posts in topic: 9

Post by gsansing »

Got phone call from Austin today, saying mine was in the mail today and it allow for 10-14 days for delivery. The lady the called me was very nice and cordial; also she was very eager to answer my questions.

She reported to me that the CHL program was going thought some re-vamping. The website is being upgraded and that they are hoping to streamline the process more.

Both my State Rep and Senator called me today told what they have been hearing from their constituents about the CHL office is unacceptable. They both told me they would be looking into the issue more once the State Legislature reconvenes in a few months.

For those of you who have been waiting longer longer than 60 or have called the DPS CHL office and hung up on or had rude operator; I highly suggest you contact your states reps. Both mine very extremely helpful.
My wife says I'm a gun snob.... I'm okay with that.
Life is too short to own cheap guns...
NRA Member / TSRA Member

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Post by CoolBreeze »

gsansing wrote:Got phone call from Austin today, saying mine was in the mail today and it allow for 10-14 days for delivery. The lady the called me was very nice and cordial; also she was very eager to answer my questions.

She reported to me that the CHL program was going thought some re-vamping. The website is being upgraded and that they are hoping to streamline the process more.

Both my State Rep and Senator called me today told what they have been hearing from their constituents about the CHL office is unacceptable. They both told me they would be looking into the issue more once the State Legislature reconvenes in a few months.

For those of you who have been waiting longer longer than 60 or have called the DPS CHL office and hung up on or had rude operator; I highly suggest you contact your states reps. Both mine very extremely helpful.
Congrats! :tiphat:
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Stick_Welder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Stick_Welder »

Stick_Welder wrote:Completed class - 1/23/14
Online app - 1/23/14
Fingerprinted - 5/29/14
Sent CHL-100, and checklist via USPS- 5/29/14

Sitting at around 41 days so far and haven't received any conformation email or anything, I called last week to see if they had received my docs because I never got an email or update and they told me to wait until about 8/1/14 before I call again because "It's too early to know if we have them yet"

I just got an update, logged onto the CHL website and saw that I can change my mailing address, contact info, etc. Last time I checked was this past Friday or Saturday and that wasn't there. I'm sitting at day 48 right now, hopefully i'll have my card in hand this week or next week!

jmra
Posts in topic: 42

Post by jmra »

Stick_Welder wrote:
Stick_Welder wrote:Completed class - 1/23/14
Online app - 1/23/14
Fingerprinted - 5/29/14
Sent CHL-100, and checklist via USPS- 5/29/14

Sitting at around 41 days so far and haven't received any conformation email or anything, I called last week to see if they had received my docs because I never got an email or update and they told me to wait until about 8/1/14 before I call again because "It's too early to know if we have them yet"

I just got an update, logged onto the CHL website and saw that I can change my mailing address, contact info, etc. Last time I checked was this past Friday or Saturday and that wasn't there. I'm sitting at day 48 right now, hopefully i'll have my card in hand this week or next week!
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

treymac
Posts in topic: 11

Post by treymac »

Haha! Got plastic back on 7/11/14, and just now getting responses from questions! Just got an update telling me my CHL was mailed out on 7/7/14. Wow.
class+ app - 5/3/14
fingerprinted - 5/6
sub'd papers via USPS- 5/7
rec'd by TXDPS - 5/13
re-sub'd via email - 6/20
Rec. conf. - 6/23
Called TXDPS - 7/3
Emailed state rep - 7/4
Called, told it mailed - 7/10
In the mailbox- 7/11

CWI
NRA life member