Texas.gov online status check

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

leafybug911
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas.gov online status check

Post by leafybug911 »

Called TDPS this morning about the website and was told that they are trying to revamp it so it shows a more accurate time frame from start to finish for CHL applicants. Unfortunatly he also said they have no way of knowing how long until it will be completed. That also means the website may not be updated even when application are being processed. He was nice enough to take the time to look through all my information to make sure I had a complete packet before saying "all we are waiting for is it to be entered in the system". I don't know if I can stop myself from checking the website every morning, but it seems like it may just be a waste of time for now.
Class: 5/31/14
Packet Submited: 5/31/14
Receipt of Supporting Documents: 6/1/14
Finger Prints: 6/3/14

dwilliams

Post by dwilliams »

My take is that you can NO longer get a status check online. They changed the page verbage and deleted status completely!

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TVGuy »

leafybug911 wrote:Called TDPS this morning about the website and was told that they are trying to revamp it so it shows a more accurate time frame from start to finish for CHL applicants. Unfortunatly he also said they have no way of knowing how long until it will be completed. That also means the website may not be updated even when application are being processed. He was nice enough to take the time to look through all my information to make sure I had a complete packet before saying "all we are waiting for is it to be entered in the system". I don't know if I can stop myself from checking the website every morning, but it seems like it may just be a waste of time for now.
That sounds lake a great thing in the long run, but really frustrating for those of us that have applications that are currently processing.

jmra
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jmra »

dwilliams wrote:My take is that you can NO longer get a status check online. They changed the page verbage and deleted status completely!
Welcome to the forum.
If this is indeed what they did, I'm not surprised. It was one of the most complained about features on this section of the forum. I can't count how many times I've heard someone say if they aren't going to update each line when it actually happens then why have the line to begin with. Sounds like they were listening.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
Seburiel
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Seburiel »

Well, I went the other direction, assuming it was a website error, and called Texas.Gov's technical support. The lady that I spoke to was both very surprised-sounding, then when she came back from talking to someone while I was on hold, very evasive with me about it, so I'm stumped.

Topic author
Seburiel
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Seburiel »

Spoke with dps, the nice woman that I spoke to said that my application was fine, and CHL had contacted dps for a copy of my signature and photo to attach to a license, and she was being 'gracious' when she told me it was likely 15-35 days til 'they get done'. (Mailed? In hand?) I'm curious if them getting in touch for my photo and signature means the background check is complete. Dps also posited that the Texas.gov issue was due to a modification.

slr001
Posts in topic: 3

Post by slr001 »

jmra wrote:
dwilliams wrote:My take is that you can NO longer get a status check online. They changed the page verbage and deleted status completely!
Welcome to the forum.
If this is indeed what they did, I'm not surprised. It was one of the most complained about features on this section of the forum. I can't count how many times I've heard someone say if they aren't going to update each line when it actually happens then why have the line to begin with. Sounds like they were listening.
With selective hearing.

jmra
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jmra »

slr001 wrote:
jmra wrote:
Welcome to the forum.
With selective hearing.
Well, there won't be anymore complaints about updates. As always, we should be careful what we ask for.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

slr001
Posts in topic: 3

Post by slr001 »

jmra wrote:
slr001 wrote:
jmra wrote:
Welcome to the forum.
With selective hearing.
Well, there won't be anymore complaints about updates. As always, we should be careful what we ask for.
[x] people asked for more timely and accurate updates.
[ ] peopled asked to get rid of the status page.

Yeah, careful what you ask for.

shrek

Post by shrek »

I just called dps and I guess luck was on my side. My chl mailed today!!!

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

shrek wrote:I just called dps and I guess luck was on my side. My chl mailed today!!!
When was all info submitted?

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 20

Post by CoolBreeze »

shrek wrote:I just called dps and I guess luck was on my side. My chl mailed today!!!
Congrats!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

shrek

Post by shrek »

6/6 class
6/7 app(online)
6/17 submitted docs(online)
6/29 status went from waiting on docs to nothing
6/30 called and it was mailed

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

jmra wrote:Well, there won't be anymore complaints about updates. As always, we should be careful what we ask for.
:thumbs2:
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

rickie210

Post by rickie210 »

if you look when you login in it no longer states anything about checking your status.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”