Texas.gov online status check

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Seburiel
Posts in topic: 12

Texas.gov online status check

Post by Seburiel »

So, being impatient as I am, I log in to the website today to cross my fingers and hope to see a status change. Only to see that there is nothing there but a link to apply for chl instructor. No info graphic like there normally is. Is this a common glitch, or has something gone wrong with my application?

chasesmallwood10
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Texas.gov online status check

Post by chasesmallwood10 »

I'm getting same thing. Was about to ask this myself.

shrek

Post by shrek »

I just check mine and my wife's as well. No status is available for us either. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but only time will tell. Maybe it means everything was processed and we will all have our cards tomorrow. :anamatedbanana

Topic author
Seburiel

Post by Seburiel »

Wouldn't that be a hoot?

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 20

Post by CoolBreeze »

Seburiel wrote:So, being impatient as I am, I log in to the website today to cross my fingers and hope to see a status change. Only to see that there is nothing there but a link to apply for chl instructor. No info graphic like there normally is. Is this a common glitch, or has something gone wrong with my application?
Normally it will say "Application has been received" and general verbage with the only link being to apply for CHL instructor. It can be 45-55 days before you get your first status change showing the status of all of your documents. It is a waiting game.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Topic author
Seburiel

Post by Seburiel »

I've actually had it sitting on the bullet points all green except "background check: under review" for over a week. It just vanished today.

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Seburiel wrote:I've actually had it sitting on the bullet points all green except "background check: under review" for over a week. It just vanished today.
I would call and check. They may have done some kind of refresh tonight. It could correct in the morning but if it doesn't I would call if it was me but it is up to you.
Last edited by CoolBreeze on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

chasesmallwood10 wrote:I'm getting same thing. Was about to ask this myself.
Welcome to the forum.

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

shrek wrote:I just check mine and my wife's as well. No status is available for us either. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but only time will tell. Maybe it means everything was processed and we will all have our cards tomorrow. :anamatedbanana
Welcome to the forum.

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

CoolBreeze wrote:
Seburiel wrote:So, being impatient as I am, I log in to the website today to cross my fingers and hope to see a status change. Only to see that there is nothing there but a link to apply for chl instructor. No info graphic like there normally is. Is this a common glitch, or has something gone wrong with my application?
Normally it will say "Application has been received" and general verbage with the only link being to apply for CHL instructor. It can be 45-55 days before you get your first status change showing the status of all of your documents. It is a waiting game.
The timeframe given is for an initial. Renewals are obviously faster usually...

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Seburiel wrote:I've actually had it sitting on the bullet points all green except "background check: under review" for over a week. It just vanished today.

Apparently they are performing maintenance and many people are complaining of the same issue. I bet it is resolved by in the morning...

Topic author
Seburiel

Post by Seburiel »

Okay. I thank y'all for the advice. I'll wait and see.

bryan1980
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bryan1980 »

Just checked mine, and it did the same thing for me. Will check again this afternoon.
5/21/14 - Submitted online app.
5/24/14 - Class
5/27/14 - Submitted CHL-100 & checklist
7/18/14 - Plastic in hand

Texguy

Post by Texguy »

It may be intentional. I think the links used to include words like "status check", but those words don't appear anywhere now.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

I'm pretty sure that page has been close to the same for 15+ years. Hard to believe it would just change now. I would think it's a glitch or maintenance.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”