May 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

infoman
Posts in topic: 11

Re: May 2014

Post by infoman »

The law book states they have 60 days, not sure why you have a big beef with that? I get contacting your rep if they go beyond 60 days, but all you're doing is bogging them down spending all day answering legislative action sheets. (instead of processing paperwork). CHL has increased like 300%, their manpower has increased 0%, do the math.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 12

Post by TVGuy »

infoman wrote:The law book states they have 60 days, not sure why you have a big beef with that? I get contacting your rep if they go beyond 60 days, but all you're doing is bogging them down spending all day answering legislative action sheets. (instead of processing paperwork). CHL has increased like 300%, their manpower has increased 0%, do the math.
Completely agree.

kebn51
Posts in topic: 27

Post by kebn51 »

This is what the law states:

The department shall, not later than the 60th day after the date of the receipt
by the director’s designee of the completed application materials
:
(1) issue the license;
(2) notify the applicant in writing that the application was denied:

Here is what people fail to realize: It's not completely received unless the "Director's Designee" has "received" them. Meaning that they have everything in hand and everything has been marked as received. So I could have mailed everything in January 15th and if my CHL-100 has not been marked as received by the the "Director's Designee", then the 60 day count down has not started.

In my case, as of June 24th, DPS stated they have not received my CHL-100. I mailed it to them on May 2nd, but they have not marked it as received. So as the law states, my 60 days has not even started yet, even though it's been almost 56 days since I mailed it.
Last edited by kebn51 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
04/26/2014 Class/Registration/Received Checklist
05/01-02/2014 Fingerprints-Mailed Entire Packet
06/27/2014 Update Change - Mailed
07/06/2014 License in hand

deadstick
Posts in topic: 6

Post by deadstick »

Finally, yes, a status update, for both me and wife (app and docs sent 5/2 and 5/7)
me_chl.png
wife_chl.png
My suggestion is if you have been waiting too long (around 60days imo) then contact your state rep. It's amazing how responsive the DPS are when you have the state rep's backing. Just me contacting DPS myself meant canned responses, wait 8 weeks, rudeness etc etc and no email responses. Once a state rep was involved they were calling me. Someone with power needs to know the state of things at that office and the only way I know of to get that done is to contact your state rep.

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Post by CoolBreeze »

deadstick wrote:Finally, yes, a status update, for both me and wife (app and docs sent 5/2 and 5/7)
me_chl.png
wife_chl.png
My suggestion is if you have been waiting too long (around 60days imo) then contact your state rep. It's amazing how responsive the DPS are when you have the state rep's backing. Just me contacting DPS myself meant canned responses, wait 8 weeks, rudeness etc etc and no email responses. Once a state rep was involved they were calling me. Someone with power needs to know the state of things at that office and the only way I know of to get that done is to contact your state rep.
In the bureaucracy we have created unfortunately sometimes this is needed... FWIW
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Backsplash
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Backsplash »

deadstick wrote:Finally, yes, a status update, for both me and wife (app and docs sent 5/2 and 5/7)
me_chl.png
wife_chl.png
Congrats. Mine just went from waiting for required materials to manufacture pending.

jeffdick
Posts in topic: 26

Post by jeffdick »

Backsplash wrote:
me_chl.png
wife_chl.png
Congrats. Mine just went from waiting for required materials to manufacture pending.

when did you submit your paper work? Mine was submitted 5/19 and still nothing.
Submitted all documets - 5/19

mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

Plastic in hand, 29 days from upload to mailbox :anamatedbanana
Still waiting on my husbands though, everything was filed at the same time but his status still shows "under review"
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

jmra
Posts in topic: 42

Post by jmra »

mtnthundr2 wrote:Plastic in hand, 29 days from upload to mailbox :anamatedbanana
Still waiting on my husbands though, everything was filed at the same time but his status still shows "under review"
Congrats.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

JonnySW
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JonnySW »

Mine is in the mail, should have it tomr. Finally.

budroux2w
Posts in topic: 1

Post by budroux2w »

JonnySW wrote:Mine is in the mail, should have it tomr. Finally.
Congrats!
NRA Life Member

mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

Thank you JMRA
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

Reddog1
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Reddog1 »

Background Check Under Review. At the 60 day mark, July 2, I'll call DPS. They have my UPIN and thats a background check in a half! Waiting is a drag.

tpynes
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tpynes »

Mine is in the mail....3 days after they said it might take 6 weeks....so they may just get it to me under 60 days....July 4 is 60 days.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”