Renewal wait

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ready&waiting
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Renewal wait

Post by ready&waiting »

Be VERY thankful if you received your license in a timely manner! I am on day 112 and still no update on web site. Submitted on November 29, 2013, received email on 1/14/14 that all paperwork had been received. In February I started calling; after 3 calls of being told to keep giving them more time I called again on 3/14/14. At this time I was told they didn't have any paperwork for me ......I explained that I had two emails to the contrary and so they ask me to email the forms again. I received an email later that day that said my paperwork had been "escalated this to the attention of the CHL supervisor for review and processing". Sooo, I'm waiting STILL (not too patiently I might add). If your application is more than 60 days old call them and don't take the standard " please wait longer" reply without getting all the facts!

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

ready&waiting wrote:Be VERY thankful if you received your license in a timely manner! I am on day 112 and still no update on web site. Submitted on November 29, 2013, received email on 1/14/14 that all paperwork had been received. In February I started calling; after 3 calls of being told to keep giving them more time I called again on 3/14/14. At this time I was told they didn't have any paperwork for me ......I explained that I had two emails to the contrary and so they ask me to email the forms again. I received an email later that day that said my paperwork had been "escalated this to the attention of the CHL supervisor for review and processing". Sooo, I'm waiting STILL (not too patiently I might add). If your application is more than 60 days old call them and don't take the standard " please wait longer" reply without getting all the facts!
Have you called your state representative?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ready&waiting

Post by ready&waiting »

jmra wrote:
ready&waiting wrote:Be VERY thankful if you received your license in a timely manner! I am on day 112 and still no update on web site. Submitted on November 29, 2013, received email on 1/14/14 that all paperwork had been received. In February I started calling; after 3 calls of being told to keep giving them more time I called again on 3/14/14. At this time I was told they didn't have any paperwork for me ......I explained that I had two emails to the contrary and so they ask me to email the forms again. I received an email later that day that said my paperwork had been "escalated this to the attention of the CHL supervisor for review and processing". Sooo, I'm waiting STILL (not too patiently I might add). If your application is more than 60 days old call them and don't take the standard " please wait longer" reply without getting all the facts!
No, haven't called her yet. Thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt and see it they really expedited it or see if it's just another ploy ......

jmra

Post by jmra »

ready&waiting wrote:
jmra wrote:
No, haven't called her yet. Thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt and see it they really expedited it or see if it's just another ploy ......
Usually your Rep will make a call for you to DPS after the 60 day mark. From what I hear this has been very successful.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Renewal form done on website March 27th, 2014.
Today my status changed to background check complete manufacturing pending.
So they are right at the 60 day mark on me. Assuming it will change to mailed soon.
I got my FFL faster than this :) Oh well.

92f-fan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 92f-fan »

I applied to renew online Last week - I see that they hit my CC but I dont see any application pending when I log back in here

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/options.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tried calling earlier in the week but the message says - we are too busy and not taking calls....

Ideas on how long it should take to renew with no issues ?

Topic author
Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Nope, not a clue. I've never done it. :smilelol5:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

92f-fan wrote:I applied to renew online Last week - I see that they hit my CC but I dont see any application pending when I log back in here

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/options.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tried calling earlier in the week but the message says - we are too busy and not taking calls....

Well you and I both filed within weeks of each other and mine took right at 8 weeks....I had zero issues on my application to renew also. So I would have expectations of 8 weeks at least. My CHL doesnt expire until October....but I didnt wish to wait in case of "backlogs"........

chamberc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chamberc »

The Sarge wrote:
92f-fan wrote:I applied to renew online Last week - I see that they hit my CC but I dont see any application pending when I log back in here

Well you and I both filed within weeks of each other and mine took right at 8 weeks....I had zero issues on my application to renew also. So I would have expectations of 8 weeks at least. My CHL doesnt expire until October....but I didnt wish to wait in case of "backlogs"........
My renewal in March took a total of 8 calendar days.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

92f-fan

Post by 92f-fan »

The Sarge wrote:

Did we file within weeks of each other 5 years ago ? I just did the renewal last week ...

Like yours mine doesnt expire till much later in the year ... just want to get this behind me before I forget

budroux2w

Post by budroux2w »

Just submitted my renewal, like many on here I did mine plenty early so I still have some time in case it gets delayed for some reason.
NRA Life Member

92f-fan

Post by 92f-fan »

mine arrived yesterday

budroux2w

Post by budroux2w »

Status updated to pending BG check, i'd say mine is moving along fairly quickly.
NRA Life Member

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

92f-fan wrote:mine arrived yesterday
Congrats!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

budroux2w

Post by budroux2w »

New license came in the mail yesterday, came in just under 30 days.
NRA Life Member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”