ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Re: ammo on sale

Post by Excaliber »

I see .22 LR at gun shows in the Houston area all the time for around $65/500.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 54

Post by puma guy »

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Excaliber wrote:I see .22 LR at gun shows in the Houston area all the time for around $65/500.
Probably ammo that came from some of the vultures that go to WalMart on shipment day with their friends, buy all they can and then re-sell it to dealers. I witnessed it this week. A guy had 10 550 Rnd packs (from WalMart) and was selling them to a dealer. He had a lot of other ammo he was selling as well. The guy was bragging how there's no ammo 'cause he and his friends buy it up.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Not ammo on sale per se, but Winchester Ammunition is offering a $2 rebate on their AA shotshells again. Minimum purchase 10 boxes for a $20 (10 boxes X $2) rebate with a maximum of $100 for 50 boxes. I plan on using it to buy some .410 shells.

WeldonHunter
Posts in topic: 67

Post by WeldonHunter »

puma guy wrote:
Excaliber wrote:I see .22 LR at gun shows in the Houston area all the time for around $65/500.
Probably ammo that came from some of the vultures that go to WalMart on shipment day with their friends, buy all they can and then re-sell it to dealers. I witnessed it this week. A guy had 10 550 Rnd packs (from WalMart) and was selling them to a dealer. He had a lot of other ammo he was selling as well. The guy was bragging how there's no ammo 'cause he and his friends buy it up.
I shy away from buying at Walmart to avoid having to stand in line and breath neckbeard fumes. Their days may be limited, I'm seeing prices start to drop once again. Fingers crossed we're heading in the right direction.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I was knuckle dragging at my local gun shop yesterday and a fellow came in looking for .22 WMR. He had some @ 13.95/50, which I thought was a fair price these days.

BuckFlicks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BuckFlicks »

WeldonHunter wrote:
I shy away from buying at Walmart to avoid having to stand in line and breath neckbeard fumes. Their days may be limited, I'm seeing prices start to drop once again. Fingers crossed we're heading in the right direction.
That cracked me the hell up.

The Wal-mart in Lavon is usually pretty dusty in the ammo-shelf region. Unless it's hunting rifle ammo, there's not much to be seen. Evidently hoarders pick it clean every delivery day.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Pawpaw »

BuckFlicks wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:
That cracked me the heck up.

The Wal-mart in Lavon is usually pretty dusty in the ammo-shelf region. Unless it's hunting rifle ammo, there's not much to be seen. Evidently hoarders pick it clean every delivery day.
Where is the Wal-Mart in Lavon? I know there's one in Wylie, but... :headscratch
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Winchester .22 WMR 40 gr. JHP $10.97 bx/50 at Wal-Mart at I-20 and 287 ( I think it's on Little Road). I was there about an hour ago and they had about 12-14 boxes left after I purchased 4 boxes.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TVGuy »

sbrawley wrote:I was in our WalMart yesterday and went by to see what ammo they had in stock. I found 150 rounds of American Eagle 5.56 for $70. I have not had any reason to price this ammo before, but since I am in the process of building/getting my first AR I am curious if that's a good brand/deal for ammo?
I have some and it's decent stuff, but it is probably steel. You can't shoot it at many ranges.

budroux2w
Posts in topic: 2

Post by budroux2w »

sbrawley wrote:I was in our WalMart yesterday and went by to see what ammo they had in stock. I found 150 rounds of American Eagle 5.56 for $70. I have not had any reason to price this ammo before, but since I am in the process of building/getting my first AR I am curious if that's a good brand/deal for ammo?
Look online, you'll find it cheaper. I've been paying right around $0.35/rd for wolf ammo, no steel. It's really dirty, smells bad but shoots good and pretty cheap.
NRA Life Member

jmra
Posts in topic: 12

Post by jmra »

TVGuy wrote:
I have some and it's decent stuff, but it is probably steel. You can't shoot it at many ranges.
If you shop around you can get 1000 rounds of factory new brass FMJ (not the wolf stuff) delivered for $350.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RSJ
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RSJ »

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... -556a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Magtech/CBC 5.56x45 M193 55gr FMJ 1000rd Case 556A

1000rds of 193 (5.56) for $320
NRA Member

jmra
Posts in topic: 12

Post by jmra »

RSJ wrote:http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... -556a.html

Magtech/CBC 5.56x45 M193 55gr FMJ 1000rd Case 556A

1000rds of 193 (5.56) for $320
Shipping will add another $26 for a total of $346
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”