U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 6

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Post by baldeagle »

G.A. Heath wrote:Let me see if I understand this. We trade 5 high value terrorists for 1 marine who deserted his post and apparently changed sides? I could see trading low value prisoners for him in order to make an example out of him but this smells too much like political efforts to help Ds win against Rs because a "D" brought our boy back. I would in fact have preferred a soldier a little closer to home was brought back instead.
He was not a Marine.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

baldeagle wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:Let me see if I understand this. We trade 5 high value terrorists for 1 marine who deserted his post and apparently changed sides? I could see trading low value prisoners for him in order to make an example out of him but this smells too much like political efforts to help Ds win against Rs because a "D" brought our boy back. I would in fact have preferred a soldier a little closer to home was brought back instead.
He was not a Marine.
I got the service the two belong too mixed up the Marine is being held in Mexico and the soldier is the deserter...
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

Apparently I am reading, he left a note behind, seems that makes the investigation easier.

So you become a deserter, and while gone, you get a promotion to Sargent?

Is this the new feel good, everyone gets a trophy, America now.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 9

Post by VMI77 »

gigag04 wrote:The guy is a traitor.
Exactly, and what Obama did was give aid and comfort to the enemy and provide material support for terrorism, which makes him a traitor too.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

VMI77 wrote:
Exactly, and what Obama did was give aid and comfort to the enemy and provide material support for terrorism, which makes him a traitor too.
Traitor in Chief?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

Are you talking about the president or the guy that left his post? Either one, I agree.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arges.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

May face court martial.

So is Susan Rice batting 1000?

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

C'mon, Susan (the equivalent of Bagdad Bob) will spew what the supreme leader dictates...

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Why are all the interesting news articles on UK newspapers.

963 days of Obama Presidency left.

Oh, and electric rates are going to go up 39 percent in Texas it was proposed today by same folks.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 9

Post by VMI77 »

philip964 wrote:Why are all the interesting news articles on UK newspapers.
Because they're not as invested in keeping The One in office as our MSM is, and because the UK still has some slight traces left of a free press....though they are fading out pretty fast. The only real news now is on the internet.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

The way the administration handled this is further proof they have decided they can do whatever they want and then deal with the fallout afterwards by lying and stretching it out beyond the news cycle. If you tell a lie enough times it become perceived as truth by some and forgotten by others.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Yesterday I was at a VA clinic the entire day helping my wife with her brother during his visit; from 10:30AM to 4:30 PM I sat in the waiting room. CNN was carrying the story almost the entire time and most of the vets there were shaking there heads while talking to each other and uttering under their breath. They mostly had disgusted looks on their faces.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 6

Post by baldeagle »

The more we learn about Bergdahl the worse it gets.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

The most important question is......will anyone hold Obama accountable?

[BEN STEIN VOICE] Anyone?......Boehner?......Boehner?.....[/BEN STEIN VOICE]

Return to “Off-Topic”