Great job Mr Cotton 740 am radio

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cw3van
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Great job Mr Cotton 740 am radio

Post by cw3van »

Thank you Mr. Cotton no one better qualified to address 2nd amendment issues than you sir. :tiphat:
cw3van
Retired LEO
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Several ave said awsome. I dont know a better word.

Grisham, you go bite a rock.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Great job Charles. I am glad you are on our side.

I have said this over and over but it is worth mentioning again. One of these folks is going to get hurt going into businesses with a rifle or shotgun slung over their shoulder.

My wife and daughter own a business with a storefront and have some cash on hand. Both have a CHL and carry daily. I discussed this with them and both have said the same thing, if someone comes in with a long gun, they will be looking down the barrels of 2 short guns, at least for that brief instant before being shot. How are the girls to know they are not in there to rob them?

Carrying a long gun is totally different than open carry of a pistol.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

RPBrown wrote:Great job Charles. I am glad you are on our side.

I have said this over and over but it is worth mentioning again. One of these folks is going to get hurt going into businesses with a rifle or shotgun slung over their shoulder.

My wife and daughter own a business with a storefront and have some cash on hand. Both have a CHL and carry daily. I discussed this with them and both have said the same thing, if someone comes in with a long gun, they will be looking down the barrels of 2 short guns, at least for that brief instant before being shot. How are the girls to know they are not in there to rob them?

Your right, one is legal and one isn't. I would seriously rethink your statement on shooting someone who may be legally carrying. I am sure your store is properly posted to prevent open carry. For the record I don't support the tactics of OCT.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Exactly. Mark my words this will happen, if this nonsense keeps up.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I listen to Matt Patrick during my commute to and from work and he is a defender of gun rights.

He has stated that he has a CHL, but he is new to Texas.

I don't think he fully understands the debate about concealed versus open carry yet.

I think that when he gets more information, he will be more informed and will become an even stronger advocate of "our position".
NRA Endowment Member

TEXASGIANT

Post by TEXASGIANT »

Right2Carry wrote:

Your right, one is legal and one isn't. I would seriously rethink your statement on shooting someone who may be legally carrying. I am sure your store is properly posted to prevent open carry. For the record I don't support the tactics of OCT.
There's a big difference in method, style of carry and demeanor. In front, hand on the grip, hole up or down. Across the back open end up or down,etc. There are a thousand variables and ques that will have to be decided in the heart beat between some political activist and a CHL Holder duking it out in the dining room.
I am just a simple soldier, I have to much honor to be a politician and there are no statesmen left.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”