Police Academy Adventures

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

WildBill
Posts in topic: 53

Re: Police Academy Adventures

Post by WildBill »

ShootDontTalk wrote:I agree 100% with WildBill here. Long treatises have a tendency to come back to haunt you. Just facts presented in a cool, reasoned way usually accomplish more and keep any unneeded labels off of you.
:iagree: You never know.

After the class the chief could have said "There was this guy in the class scored an 85%. He must be a genius! My captain only got 50% when I taught him. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 193

Post by nightmare69 »

I just hope I pass this next test over report writing and grammar. Hopefully it won't be as hard as force options.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Wodathunkit
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Wodathunkit »

nightmare69 wrote:I just hope I pass this next test over report writing and grammar. Hopefully it won't be as hard as force options.
If you re-read some of the comments on this thread you might be in trouble :smilelol5:

But they probably won't grade as hard as a grammar police force. :biggrinjester:
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

jmra
Posts in topic: 13

Post by jmra »

Wodathunkit wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:I just hope I pass this next test over report writing and grammar. Hopefully it won't be as hard as force options.
If you re-read some of the comments on this thread you might be in trouble :smilelol5:

But they probably won't grade as hard as a grammar police force. :biggrinjester:
That was all blamed on autocorrect. :smilelol5:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I sea what you did their.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

What are some good websites that post LEO jobs since I graduate next week?
5/20-Plastic in hand.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

nightmare69 wrote:What are some good websites that post LEO jobs since I graduate next week?
Texas Municipal League TML
Indeed.com

gigag04
Posts in topic: 21

Post by gigag04 »

Your best bet is to go through the main city or county page of each agency. Make it a full time job applying for full time jobs.

A detective I used to work with spends every saturday testing for jobs since he just moved out of state. It takes time and effort to get the best positions available.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Thanks for the replies. I've just got a callback from a county I applied with and I'm assuming it's for a jailer position. I'm not picky and I just want a job so whoever says "your hired" first is who I will work for. Then after I get some income I can apply with other deptments and go through the long hiring processes. Right now I cannot afford to go through the processes.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

spongeworthy

Post by spongeworthy »

nightmare69 wrote:What are some good websites that post LEO jobs since I graduate next week?
http://www.tcleose.state.tx.us/content/ ... ancies.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TomV

Post by TomV »

Congrats on your impending graduation. I have very much enjoyed reading about your journey.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

healthinsp wrote:Congrats on your impending graduation. I have very much enjoyed reading about your journey.

Thanks man. This week is CID and tomorrow we are going to be lifting finger prints off various items. Our last week will be nothing but review for the state test I'll take on June 3rd.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

texanjoker wrote:
Texas Municipal League TML
Indeed.com
+1 on Texas Municipal League
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

gigag04 wrote:Your best bet is to go through the main city or county page of each agency. Make it a full time job applying for full time jobs.

A detective I used to work with spends every saturday testing for jobs since he just moved out of state. It takes time and effort to get the best positions available.
Also keep a copy of every application.

It makes filling out the next ones MUCH easier and referring to the earlier ones can keep you from creating inconsistencies if you're in a hurry or don't remember something.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Excaliber wrote:
gigag04 wrote:Your best bet is to go through the main city or county page of each agency. Make it a full time job applying for full time jobs.

Also keep a copy of every application.

It makes filling out the next ones MUCH easier and referring to the earlier ones can keep you from creating inconsistencies if you're in a hurry or don't remember something.
I plan on scanning the personal history statements this time. Seems a lot of the smaller departments use the generic 32 page history and don't mind if you type it. I will scan them and it will make the process much easier.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”