February 2014 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 55

Re: February 2014 Applications

Post by jmra »

eff_vee wrote:I got my plastic in the mail today. I think I am super lucky as this is a very quick turn around time (based on what I am reading on the forum). Here's my timeline:

CHL course: Feb 23
Created online application: Feb 23
Finger prints: Feb 27
Mailed out complete application: Feb 28 (used priority mail with certified return receipt)
Received at Austin on: March 3 (I got the return receipt later)
No Status update till April 3/4 - called DPS they said not to expect any status update till two months :mad5
First (and only) status update: April 7 (I was not checking for status updates every day but was still doing it quite often) - it said TX CHL mailed out (I seriously thought that it is a mistake)
Received my plastic today: April 9!!! Sweet! :txflag:

In all 40 days from mailing out application to receiving plastic.
Congrats
Good luck to everyone.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

sille777
Posts in topic: 11

Post by sille777 »

eff_vee wrote:I got my plastic in the mail today. I think I am super lucky as this is a very quick turn around time (based on what I am reading on the forum). Here's my timeline:

CHL course: Feb 23
Created online application: Feb 23
Finger prints: Feb 27
Mailed out complete application: Feb 28 (used priority mail with certified return receipt)
Received at Austin on: March 3 (I got the return receipt later)
No Status update till April 3/4 - called DPS they said not to expect any status update till two months :mad5
First (and only) status update: April 7 (I was not checking for status updates every day but was still doing it quite often) - it said TX CHL mailed out (I seriously thought that it is a mistake)
Received my plastic today: April 9!!! Sweet! :txflag:

In all 40 days from mailing out application to receiving plastic.

Good luck to everyone.
CONGRATS!!! :cheers2:

I sent mine the same day as you! Hopefully I'll see a status update this week :drool:
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
TAP - RACK - BANG
Will Work For AMMO!!! :patriot:
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

ThunderCookie
Posts in topic: 5
Location: The Great State of Texas but definitely not in Garland.

Post by ThunderCookie »

Paul's Shield wrote:
ThunderCookie wrote:Hello Interweb Denizens....First time poster, long time lurker.

22 Feb - CHL Class completed
23 Feb CHL application Online
25 Feb Finger Prints completed and uploaded all documents online.

April 9, 2014 No status update at all.

It's hard to find any sympathy in my home for the pain I feel waiting for my CHL.
Wife laughs when she sees me checking my application status while on the porcelain throne.
I feel like my kids don't respect me anymore since their friends dads have it already.
The finer things in life like beer or pork rinds have lost all flavor.
I get so angry when I open my wallet and see my stupid drivers license...why am I so different!!!
I've been doing my best to amass some good karma like avoiding running over squirrels or turtles, I've actually told my kids I love them, I even told the emo cashier at Wal-Mart she looked beautiful today and even that isn't enough to gain brownie points from the TxDPS folks.

Thank you for allowing me to open up, it's not easy for me to do this....now if you will excuse me I am off to watch Ellen.

Don't forget to record The View....I think they have some cool skit on knitting. "rlol"

Disclaimer: I have know idea what is playing on The View and if by chance they did have some skit on knitting.....it was pure coincidence. Now, I digress.
I woke up at 6 a.m. today to check my status and saw nothing....as I walked in my fluffy slippers to the restroom to prepare for another long day I wondered to myself, who did I tick off at TxDPS.
I've been trying to figure out why it was taking so long...were they using MS Access 97 to gather my information, was there some sort of severe weather in Austin that kept these folks from working or was my case being handled by someone who went on maternity leave....I just don't get it.

Then after prepping myself and making sure my skin was properly moisturized, I took one more look before leaving my home and saw this...

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Completed
Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing Pending

I had just checked about 30 minutes ago with no update and then this.
I am on day 44 I believe and I finally got an update.

I can feel my manhood returning slowly today...the swelling in my ankles is almost gone, the tenderness under my armpits is less...I don't feel bloated!!!!!!!!

If you think I'm bad online, imagine what my wife has to put up with every day.

I can't wait for it to arrive, I'm so gitty right now!!

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 65

Post by CoolBreeze »

ThunderCookie wrote:
Paul's Shield wrote:
ThunderCookie wrote:Hello Interweb Denizens....First time poster, long time lurker.

It's hard to find any sympathy in my home for the pain I feel waiting for my CHL.
Wife laughs when she sees me checking my application status while on the porcelain throne.
I feel like my kids don't respect me anymore since their friends dads have it already.
I get so angry when I open my wallet and see my stupid drivers license...why am I so different!!!
I've been doing my best to amass some good karma like avoiding running over squirrels or turtles, I've actually told my kids I love them, I even told the emo cashier at Wal-Mart she looked beautiful today and even that isn't enough to gain brownie points from the TxDPS folks.

Thank you for allowing me to open up, it's not easy for me to do this....now if you will excuse me I am off to watch Ellen.

Don't forget to record The View....I think they have some cool skit on knitting. "rlol"

Disclaimer: I have know idea what is playing on The View and if by chance they did have some skit on knitting.....it was pure coincidence. Now, I digress.
I woke up at 6 a.m. today to check my status and saw nothing....as I walked in my fluffy slippers to the restroom to prepare for another long day I wondered to myself, who did I tick off at TxDPS.
I've been trying to figure out why it was taking so long...were they using MS Access 97 to gather my information, was there some sort of severe weather in Austin that kept these folks from working or was my case being handled by someone who went on maternity leave....I just don't get it.

Then after prepping myself and making sure my skin was properly moisturized, I took one more look before leaving my home and saw this...

I can feel my manhood returning slowly today...the swelling in my ankles is almost gone, the tenderness under my armpits is less...I don't feel bloated!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Congrats! :tiphat:
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

RedRaiderDavid
Posts in topic: 13

Post by RedRaiderDavid »

Got my plastic today, finally! 51 days mailbox to mailbox.

jmra

Post by jmra »

RedRaiderDavid wrote:Got my plastic today, finally! 51 days mailbox to mailbox.
Congrats
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 65

Post by CoolBreeze »

RedRaiderDavid wrote:Got my plastic today, finally! 51 days mailbox to mailbox.
Awesome! congrats!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Rodrigueztin07
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rodrigueztin07 »

Sent my packet in the mail on the 18th. Still no updates... Frustrating to say the least.

RedRaiderDavid

Post by RedRaiderDavid »

Rodrigueztin07 wrote:Sent my packet in the mail on the 18th. Still no updates... Frustrating to say the least.
You might want to give them a call. The rest of us that sent our's in during that time are getting our licenses. I dropped my packet in the mail on the 18th as well.

ThunderCookie
Location: The Great State of Texas but definitely not in Garland.

Post by ThunderCookie »

ThunderCookie wrote:
Paul's Shield wrote:

Hello World,

Just to give another update and some feedback.
Yesterday (April 10th) I checked my account status around 6:30 a.m. and finally saw an update even though I had checked at 6 a.m.
Today I woke up and checked at 6 a.m. and saw the same message as the day prior but then at 6:20 a.m. my status was updated from "Manufacturing Pending" to "Mailed".
As a previous poster mentioned in another post, I believe they are only updating the site once a day in the earlier hours starting around 6 a.m.
It sounds to me like they have some sort of scheduled batch job that compiles all of the previous days work and updates each account accordingly.
What is odd is that I never received an update to my account until April 10th and now on the 11th it shows mailed.
It might be that during the review process of each application in their system, there has to be some sort of check box that has to be manually clicked on, in order for it to show status updates.
Could be that it's a step that's being overlooked since they have so many applications to complete but it's something that should be easy to fix if they can get the right programmer(TxDPS programmer guy don't get mad)....just sayin.
I also believe that during the printing process, whoever is doing it, that person does some sort of quality control and reviews the applicants details before printing the card out and notices that maybe this check box isn't checked and does it then which would explain why the sudden update at the last minute.

Anyways, I'll let you guys know when it actually arrives but my gut tells me that all completed licenses are mailed out on Friday's in bulk.

IMVC

Post by IMVC »

Started process the 26th Feb 2014 (snail mailed information) and this is what I received today.

Fingerprints : Under review
Citizenship : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

how long after this update is standard before I receive my plastic?

duboseaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by duboseaw »

IMVC wrote:Started process the 26th Feb 2014 (snail mailed information) and this is what I received today.

Congratulations! I'm currently waiting on an update but it seems as though a lot of people recently have plastic in hand within a week to two weeks after the update shows.
Some people see it as a shooting range. I see it as a Second Amendment theme park.

RedRaiderDavid

Post by RedRaiderDavid »

IMVC wrote:Started process the 26th Feb 2014 (snail mailed information) and this is what I received today.

About 2 weeks if all goes well
2-3 days to complete checks
1 day to manufacture
3-4 days in mail
That's about 8 business days.

Selcouth
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Selcouth »

Final update.
39 days for 1st status change to background check/finger prints under review
48 days for 2nd status change to manufacture pending
49 days for 3rd status change to mailed
56 days license received

jmra

Post by jmra »

Selcouth wrote:Final update.
39 days for 1st status change to background check/finger prints under review
48 days for 2nd status change to manufacture pending
49 days for 3rd status change to mailed
56 days license received
Congrats
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”