WTB - Glock 42 - Abilene area

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
DaveT
Posts in topic: 3

WTB - Glock 42 - Abilene area

Post by DaveT »

Looking for a Glock 42 for sale, preferably blue label, but will strongly consider non blue label.

My son is LE here in Abilene and is looking for one, they seem to be real scarce around these parts.

Anyone have one they would consider selling, or know of a dealer who has one?

Thanks !

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTB - Glock 42 - Abilene area

Post by JRG »

What is a blue label Glock?

Good luck with your search.

Joe

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

JRG wrote:What is a blue label Glock?

Good luck with your search.

Joe
It is a LEO only package.

Dave I have been on the list at GT distributors for four weeks. I hope you find one.

Topic author
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Thanks Carlson.

One of the Officers that works with my son put his name on the list at GT Distributors back in Jan., he received his 42 yesterday.

Their website says they are not currently accepting back orders.

Good luck getting yours, my friend !

If you get it and want to sell it at some point, holler at me. :thumbs2:

retrieverman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by retrieverman »

I keep hearing how scarce G42's are, and yet I have bought three off auction sites. There are bunches listed and some at really decent prices. Take a look at Gunbroker or Auction Arms.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

retrieverman wrote:I keep hearing how scarce G42's are, and yet I have bought three off auction sites. There are bunches listed and some at really decent prices. Take a look at Gunbroker or Auction Arms.
I am not for sure what you are calling a "decent" price. I have not seen one on the auction for less than $430.00. GT's is a lot cheaper. By the time you win an auction, pay for shipping, and then pay an FFL that is one expensive .380 in my opinion.

jmra

Post by jmra »

carlson1 wrote:
retrieverman wrote:I keep hearing how scarce G42's are, and yet I have bought three off auction sites. There are bunches listed and some at really decent prices. Take a look at Gunbroker or Auction Arms.
I am not for sure what you are calling a "decent" price. I have not seen one on the auction for less than $430.00. GT's is a lot cheaper. By the time you win an auction, pay for shipping, and then pay an FFL that is one expensive .380 in my opinion.
:iagree:
The OP is looking for a blue label model. IIRC, GTs BL price is $318.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I guess it all depends on how bad a person wants a gun. I paid "suggested retail" for mine and am happy I did. The G42 is an awesome little gun. I have friends locally who have been on waiting lists since January, and while they are still waiting, I am shooting my gun and have already forgot about any "premium" I might have paid for it. :fire

x007x

Post by x007x »

My store sells the G42 at $399. So that is close to the retial price. Remember that when buying one so you dont over pay, and we are waiting for more to come in also..
-CHL-
-NRA-

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune ... omplaints/

Read the above set of complaints rolling in on the G42.

You may wish to cool your jets on this model until the teething problems finally go away. YMMV.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

There are going to be bad reports on any (new) gun produced, and if you believe all the internet lore, there isn't a gun made that is 100% reliable. I have had mine for almost three months and have shot several brands of ammo mixed between hard ball and hollow point, and I have only had trouble with the cheapest Monarch 94 gr fmj. It just isn't powerful enough to function the gun. I tried it when I first got mine, and I figured it might just need a break in period. Nope, after almost 300 rounds, it goes bang but won't move the slide at all. Other than that, I have not had a single malfunction of any kind. The simple solution to this is not to shoot Monarch ammo and to test any ammo I intend to carry before betting my life on it. Problem solved…. :thumbs2:

Topic author
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Lots of smaller handguns seem to be finicky about the ammo they are fed.

Internet hype makes the problems seem much bigger than they are. We now live in a society where everyone seems to want more, but put less effort in to achieve that goal.

Being a long time owner of many Kimber handguns, I know all about the need to experiment a bit to achieve a good balance between guns and ammo.

Yes, I know there are those who proclaim loudly that if they are going to put out their money for a gun, it should work perfectly every time. That's an ideal situation, rarely found these days when most guns are mass produced on assembly lines by workers who may or may not be having a good day.

It's all good..... and experimenting with a gun (any gun) means more time at the range.... and how can that be bad ? :cheers2:

My son is still looking for a Blue Label Glock 42, but he is willing to wait and not pay an inflated price just to have one sooner.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Before I get flamed, I love Glocks and would have probably bought a 42 just to own one. I presently have a 26 and a 21 and they always fire no matter what I feed them and I don't clean them very often. I shoot multiple brands of ammo including my reloads. The only thing I don't use is steel cased ammo. The reputation of Glock is that it takes everything. The 42 though is not getting that reputation with multiple reports of problems ( even Hickock45 on youtube). The other issue is that 380 ammo is hard to find for whatever reason and it was hard to find even before Connecticut. I won't buy a gun that is so ammo selective as the new Glock appears to be. I have two 380s that shoot everything and when I carry 380 I have an S&W bodyguard which has never failed to fire everything I gave it. So, I am sure that Glock will solve this problem and I plan on waiting until they do. If I had to fill my car up with only one or two brands of gasoline I would be walking. It is upsetting though to hear that Glock is failing for so many people.

jmra

Post by jmra »

rotor wrote:Before I get flamed, I love Glocks and would have probably bought a 42 just to own one. I presently have a 26 and a 21 and they always fire no matter what I feed them and I don't clean them very often. I shoot multiple brands of ammo including my reloads. The only thing I don't use is steel cased ammo. The reputation of Glock is that it takes everything. The 42 though is not getting that reputation with multiple reports of problems ( even Hickock45 on youtube). The other issue is that 380 ammo is hard to find for whatever reason and it was hard to find even before Connecticut. I won't buy a gun that is so ammo selective as the new Glock appears to be. I have two 380s that shoot everything and when I carry 380 I have an S&W bodyguard which has never failed to fire everything I gave it. So, I am sure that Glock will solve this problem and I plan on waiting until they do. If I had to fill my car up with only one or two brands of gasoline I would be walking. It is upsetting though to hear that Glock is failing for so many people.
Do a search on problems with the bodyguard and you will see a bunch of people have problems with it too. I have a LCP that I wouldn't trust. Eventually I'll pick up G42 that someone is unhappy with, clean it up do some aftermarket stuff with it and have a great little gun.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

rotor

Post by rotor »

True what you say about the bodyguard, especially with early versions which is my point. Somehow what one expects with a Glock though is close to 100% reliable right from the beginning. I personally can say that my bodyguard has been 100% reliable and not one of the first produced. I am sure Glock will make the 42 a 100% reliable gun too, but it may take awhile. To it's credit S&W did come through with service on the bodyguard, most of which I believe was a screw being loose in the laser. I have not had it serviced by S&W and have not needed to call them. I can say that I have confidence in my bodyguard every time I carry it. Same with my Glock 26. The Glock 21 is a house gun.

Return to “Closed Items”