February 2014 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 55

Re: February 2014 Applications

Post by jmra »

mrscaston wrote:I have been on this site almost daily since I first applied for my chl but I never found a reason to join because everything I was thinking and feeling you all had said. I absolutely stalked the chl website daily and today I received some news that made me happy.

I took my class feb 15
Filled out online app feb 17
Fingerprints feb 18
Mailed docs feb 18
Docs received feb 21
Update to website April 3
Congrats and welcome to the forum
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

s9601694
Posts in topic: 5

Post by s9601694 »

RedRaiderDavid wrote:
s9601694 wrote:Sent in my stuff on Feb 17th
No updates for weeks.
Called DPS to ask about it on March 17th and was told that it would probably take 6 - 8 weeks before i saw any status updates on the site.
Checked the site the next day (March 18th) and there was an update! Coincidence or does the squicky wheel get the grease? Everything was checked green and back ground check was in progress
Today (April 2) background check completed and Manufacturing Pending! :anamatedbanana
It sounds like whoever you spoke to did their due diligence, found your paperwork and checked it in, hence the change in status. However it still took 2 weeks to complete the background check where most say that part only takes a day or so. I'm guessing even though they checked you in you still had to wait in the que according to the date your stuff was send in. That's just a guess though as one thing is for sure no one has completely figured out their system.
That's good though, I called twice and was just given the standard line of it takes x days but they didn't look to see if they had received anything. I think the waiting for a status change not knowing if they received your paperwork is what bothers most.

Yeah that was my worry. I had heard horror stories of DPS "never receiving" paperwork. After i dropped it in the mail i realized I should have FedEx-ed it or sent it Certified or something :banghead:
Endowment Member NRA
Life Member RMGO
Z.E.D.U. # 1240

s9601694

Post by s9601694 »

s9601694 wrote:
RedRaiderDavid wrote:
s9601694 wrote:Sent in my stuff on Feb 17th
No updates for weeks.
Called DPS to ask about it on March 17th and was told that it would probably take 6 - 8 weeks before i saw any status updates on the site.
Checked the site the next day (March 18th) and there was an update! Coincidence or does the squicky wheel get the grease? Everything was checked green and back ground check was in progress
Today (April 2) background check completed and Manufacturing Pending! :anamatedbanana
It sounds like whoever you spoke to did their due diligence, found your paperwork and checked it in, hence the change in status. However it still took 2 weeks to complete the background check where most say that part only takes a day or so. I'm guessing even though they checked you in you still had to wait in the que according to the date your stuff was send in. That's just a guess though as one thing is for sure no one has completely figured out their system.
That's good though, I called twice and was just given the standard line of it takes x days but they didn't look to see if they had received anything. I think the waiting for a status change not knowing if they received your paperwork is what bothers most.

Yeah that was my worry. I had heard horror stories of DPS "never receiving" paperwork. After i dropped it in the mail i realized I should have FedEx-ed it or sent it Certified or something :banghead:
Just checked the site aaand....... IT'S IN THE MAIL! Looking forward to carrying again!!
Attachments
Snap 2014-04-03 at 08.30.19.png
Endowment Member NRA
Life Member RMGO
Z.E.D.U. # 1240

Grammaton Cleric
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grammaton Cleric »

Grammaton Cleric wrote:Application filed online 02/11
Fingerprints done 02/14
CHL class taken 02/22
All paperwork submitted 02/24.

Finally received my first update today! I am almost there!!

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review
I have two guns, one for each of you

patterson
Posts in topic: 58

Post by patterson »

Paul81 wrote:
patterson wrote:well that's. t's probably true and was they may just be stating that its mailed even though its not because site never updated along the way saying application under review or background check under review it just went from "waiting on required materials" to "manufacture pending" to "mailed" in the course of 2 days so you know that during the weeks site was saying waiting on materials the process must have be going on
My brother received his last week. The postmark was 2 days after the date the status updated to mailed.
I bet we get ours tomorrow.

BTW, I look forward to your updates, your mail runs hours before mine. :cheers2:
plastic came in mail today finally so you should get yours Paul81

patterson

Post by patterson »

postmark was 3 days after site said mailed

Paul81
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Paul81 »

patterson wrote:
Paul81 wrote:
patterson wrote:well that's. t's probably true and was they may just be stating that its mailed even though its not because site never updated along the way saying application under review or background check under review it just went from "waiting on required materials" to "manufacture pending" to "mailed" in the course of 2 days so you know that during the weeks site was saying waiting on materials the process must have be going on
My brother received his last week. The postmark was 2 days after the date the status updated to mailed.

BTW, I look forward to your updates, your mail runs hours before mine. :cheers2:
Congrats. Carry often
Thanks for the update, my mail usually runs about 4:00.
I'll report when I get home.

allbutsix
Posts in topic: 8

Post by allbutsix »

After getting my first update last Friday I got this this morning! No more wondering if all is well, now just checking the mail daily.

Background Check : Completed
Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing Pending

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 65

Post by CoolBreeze »

allbutsix wrote:After getting my first update last Friday I got this this morning! No more wondering if all is well, now just checking the mail daily.

Background Check : Completed
Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing Pending
Congrats!!!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

patterson wrote:
Paul81 wrote:

Congrats!!!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

jmra wrote:
mrscaston wrote:I have been on this site almost daily since I first applied for my chl but I never found a reason to join because everything I was thinking and feeling you all had said. I absolutely stalked the chl website daily and today I received some news that made me happy.

I took my class feb 15
Filled out online app feb 17
Fingerprints feb 18
Mailed docs feb 18
Docs received feb 21
Update to website April 3
Congrats and welcome to the forum
Congrats!!!

Topic author
Paul's Shield
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Paul's Shield »

About how many days have you guys gone from fingerprint and background check under review to license manufacturing? I'be been in the under review for those two things for about 6 days counting from saturday.
"Just put that hammer down and give it h3ll" - Jerry Reid

s9601694

Post by s9601694 »

Paul's Shield wrote:About how many days have you guys gone from fingerprint and background check under review to license manufacturing? I'be been in the under review for those two things for about 6 days counting from saturday.
Two weeks from when the status "background check under review" to "License in the mail"
Endowment Member NRA
Life Member RMGO
Z.E.D.U. # 1240

Paul81
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Paul81 »

Paul81 wrote:2/1 Class
2/10 Online application
2/13 Fingerprints
2/13 Uploaded documents
2/17 Documents received confirmation
3/26 Background Check in progress
3/27 manufacturing pending
3/28 (43days) mailed
:woohoo
Plastic in hand today 4/3 (49days from upload)
Above is my time line

Good luck to everyone still waiting, hope you receive yours soon.

patterson

Post by patterson »

Paul81 wrote:
Paul81 wrote:2/1 Class
2/10 Online application
2/13 Fingerprints
2/13 Uploaded documents
2/17 Documents received confirmation
3/26 Background Check in progress
3/27 manufacturing pending
3/28 (43days) mailed
:woohoo
Plastic in hand today 4/3 (49days from upload)
Above is my time line

Good luck to everyone still waiting, hope you receive yours soon.
congrats Paul81

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”