My new PPQ

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
shipwreck
Posts in topic: 5

My new PPQ

Post by shipwreck »

Ok - despite the best efforts of the post office to be late (I shoulda had this in hand yesterday), I FINALLY got my 9mm Walther PPQ in today. On a sunny day, I'll take a better photo - as my camera hates taking pictures of black objects unless they are in direct sunlight. But, I think it is a nice looking gun!

Once I picked up that Walther P99 again (used to have a few), I decided to break down and get a PPQ. I've looked at them ever since they came out. I would have preferred the version with the paddle mag release, but those are no longer available.

Anyway - I got 4 new magazines for it yesterday - so, I actually have my minimum of 6 total all in the begining. A first for me. So, I don't have to try and get one here and there now :)

Can't wait to go shoot it!

Topic author
shipwreck

Re: My new PPQ

Post by shipwreck »

Ok, better pics :)

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RHenriksen »

Congrats! I was amazed at the ergonomics of that pistol the moment I picked one up.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

jmra

Post by jmra »

Very nice.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Robert*PPS

Post by Robert*PPS »

Ooh Ooh Ooh I want one!!!

Topic author
shipwreck

Post by shipwreck »

Thanks guys :)

13MWZ

Post by 13MWZ »

Great looking/feeling guns! My girlfriend's Dad is dying for one in .40 cal. Damn near impossible to find. Give a report after your first range trip.

Topic author
shipwreck

Post by shipwreck »

Ok - I got to the range a few days ago finally and put 160 rounds thru it...

Gun is accurate - Pretty good on double taps, and I did some 15 yard shooting and some 1 handed shooting.

I will say that I do prefer the P99 A/S to the PPQ. I just like it better - I guess because of the trigger. The PPQ is more "glockish." I'd also have to shoot them back to back, but the PPQ may have a tiny bit more snap to it. I'm working off memory, though,..

I did buy the gun as a range toy, knowing that I likely wouldn't carry it because it isn't DA/SA. I do occasionally carry my P99 now.

I did also rent the Sig 229 - because I have been considering saving up for a Sig M11A1 (it is essentially the same gun) in the next year. I've decided that while the recoil is pretty low, and it is DA/SA - gun just doesn't do it for me (not at that price point). But hey - renting it is gonna save me close to $900 now :p

So far, nothing still beats my Beretta 92s for my favorite platform. Walther P99 is second. While it would be nice to still own all the guns I have sold in years past to buy the next gun I wanted at the time - I think I've wound my way thru most everything by now.

I know I have stated before that I am taking a new gun hiatus, but I am gonna attempt it again. AT THE MOMENT, there is nothing else I wanna buy...

So, the almost $200 I have on the side that I was saving towards that new Sig can now be saved for something else... After I figure out what :)

HotLeadSolutions

Post by HotLeadSolutions »

I have a LNIB paddle release ppq I'd trade you. I have fired a box (about 50) rounds through it. The reason I don't carry it is because of the paddle release.
Daniel
CHL Instructor
Dallas Concealed Carry
http://www.DallasConcealedCarry.com

Topic author
shipwreck

Post by shipwreck »

HotLeadSolutions wrote:I have a LNIB paddle release ppq I'd trade you. I have fired a box (about 50) rounds through it. The reason I don't carry it is because of the paddle release.
I just now saw this - but no thanks. I'm not a used gun person and never have been. Thanks for the offer, though.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Almost a copy of HK P30. I like my HK.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Lionman13

Post by Lionman13 »

That is a great looking gun. The grip looks nice. Why do you shy away from used guns? Previous situations or just want new?

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Both of those are sharp. I've always liked the looks and feel of the Walther's. I even thought my daughter would when picking out her .22LR, but she liked the Colt 1911-22 better. I may end up with a Walther some day.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I still want a PPQ M1...
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

maximus2161

Post by maximus2161 »

I have heard nothing but positive feedback on the PPQ. I have a PPS and used to have a PPK and P99 at one time. I miss them both. I want a PPQ one day. Nice pics!
:cheers2:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”