February 2014 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 55

Re: February 2014 Applications

Post by jmra »

trashysquid wrote:New cat with first post here. In "purgatory" with the rest of us who applied in February (and earlier):

Initial application: 3 Feb 14
Documents submitted online: 10 Feb 14

I also called Friday, 7 March for my 30-day status update, and the lady I spoke with said "they were still going through January's applications," so take that for what it's worth.
Welcome to the forum.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Grammaton Cleric
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grammaton Cleric »

Application filed online 02/11
Fingerprints done 02/14
CHL class taken 02/22
All paperwork submitted 02/24

I am a newbie as well this is my first pistol I have owned. I think I am possibly going stir crazy waiting and its only been 14 days.
I have already bought my holster, gun belt and have been wearing them around the house everyday. I can't wait till I can just leave
it holstered when I leave the house to go somewhere! I am just glad I found this forum to help me know I am not alone in this.
I have two guns, one for each of you

jalow
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jalow »

jalow wrote:CHL Class-2/22
Online Application-2/24
Fingerprints-2/27
Documentation submitted online-2/27

And now the wait begins.......
Update- I guess I got really lucky with mine. I submitted all my docs online on Thursday 2/27. I called on Friday 3/7 to see if anyone could tell me if they received them. I was super nice to the guy that I talked to and after we talked a minute he told me to email his direct DPS email address with my documents and he would go ahead and process my application. I checked my status on the website yesterday and it was manufacture pending and this morning it shows mailed. After reading through the forum, this doesn't seem to be the norm. I must have caught the right person at the right time.

Weirded
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Weirded »

jalow wrote:
Online Application-2/24
Fingerprints-2/27

Update- I guess I got really lucky with mine. I submitted all my docs online on Thursday 2/27. I called on Friday 3/7 to see if anyone could tell me if they received them. I was super nice to the guy that I talked to and after we talked a minute he told me to email his direct DPS email address with my documents and he would go ahead and process my application. I checked my status on the website yesterday and it was manufacture pending and this morning it shows mailed. After reading through the forum, this doesn't seem to be the norm. I must have caught the right person at the right time.
I'm currently waiting for a callback from DPS to see if I can get mine done as well. :banghead: It would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.
Grammaton Cleric wrote:Application filed online 02/11
Fingerprints done 02/14
CHL class taken 02/22

I am a newbie as well this is my first pistol I have owned. I think I am possibly going stir crazy waiting and its only been 14 days.
I have already bought my holster, gun belt and have been wearing them around the house everyday. I can't wait till I can just leave
it holstered when I leave the house to go somewhere! I am just glad I found this forum to help me know I am not alone in this.
Thank you for that, I thought I might be the only one that's carrying around my house. :anamatedbanana

Will B.

Proud owner of a Tristar C100 and a S&W .38 Bodyguard. For now, at least......
Proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment. Always
NRA Life Member

Grammaton Cleric
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grammaton Cleric »

Weirded wrote:
jalow wrote:
Online Application-2/24
Fingerprints-2/27

I'm currently waiting for a callback from DPS to see if I can get mine done as well. :banghead: It would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.
Grammaton Cleric wrote:Application filed online 02/11
Fingerprints done 02/14
CHL class taken 02/22

Thank you for that, I thought I might be the only one that's carrying around my house. :anamatedbanana

I just figured it would help me to get used to the feel of it so when I do go out I wont be as self conscious about it.
I have two guns, one for each of you

Weirded

Post by Weirded »

Alright, just got off the phone with DPS. He stated that they haven't entered my paperwork in as of yet, but they are currently working on mid to late January. Unfortunately, I sent my docs in the mail. Since they received it on 02/07, I'm hoping they'll get to it soon.

Will B.

NRA Life Member

poppo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by poppo »

FWIW, my wife mailed her stuff in and it was signed for on Feb 3rd.
Today March 12th the web site finally updated. Just still shows "background check under review (all other important stuff green).
So it looks like they are getting to Feb now.
USMC Retired - DAV Life Member - VFW Life Member - NRA Life Member

Weirded

Post by Weirded »

poppo wrote:FWIW, my wife mailed her stuff in and it was signed for on Feb 3rd.
Today March 12th the web site finally updated. Just still shows "background check under review (all other important stuff green).
So it looks like they are getting to Feb now.

See, I know I shouldn't but I can't help getting my hopes up now. They did sign mine on Feb 7th. :hurry:

Will B.

NRA Life Member

rick fortworth
Posts in topic: 10

Post by rick fortworth »

cant wait to get mine...mine was submitted online around feb 7.
though i carry it on me everyday at my store, concealed. i really cant wait to actually be able to carry everywhere..

Weirded

Post by Weirded »

rick fortworth wrote:cant wait to get mine...mine was submitted online around feb 7.
though i carry it on me everyday at my store, concealed. i really cant wait to actually be able to carry everywhere..
I've been carrying mine all over the house for about a month now. I take it with me when I go out, but have to leave it in the car. That's what I can't wait for. It's going to be awesome. Mine was received via snail mail on the 7th, so it'll be interesting to see when either of ours gets updated.

Will B.

NRA Life Member

w5jck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by w5jck »

FYI: It looks like many of us are getting the first sign of our applications actually being processed around the 40 to 45 day mark after the docs were submitted. I applied online but submitted my docs via snail mail. On day 42 my application status finally updated on the web page. So it does look like the state is picking up speed a bit on their processing.

garywc1010
Posts in topic: 14

Post by garywc1010 »

Thought I would register and share my info to help everyone keep track of how fast or slow things are working.

Wife and I submitted docs online Feb 24th. Will update you guys when there's a change

Topic author
Paul's Shield
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Paul's Shield »

Monday will be 30 days from when I submitted all documents. Hopefully only 15 more days after there will be some sort of update.
"Just put that hammer down and give it h3ll" - Jerry Reid

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by der Teufel »

Submitted renewal info electronically 26 February in the afternoon.

Status has been "Awaiting documentation" until now.

Noticed today the status has changed to:

License Status: Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress.

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Not required, fingerprints on file
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Not required for renewal
Photo : Not required for renewal
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Proof of Special Condition : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

So, I think that's progress. Fifteen days to get to this point.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Noneya123
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Noneya123 »

Class 2/1
On line App 2/1
Fingerprints 2/5

Went from no status to Manu pending today 3/14
42 days.

Nice day for me, CHL went through, Both my wife and I got our yearly bonus today and the IRS deposited our refund in my account.

Gotta go get a lottery ticket... :txflag:

I'll check her status when she gets home.... :reddevil

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”