Police Academy Adventures

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 193

Re: Police Academy Adventures

Post by nightmare69 »

Dang smart phones. I need to start reading my post before I hit submit.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 12

Post by carlson1 »

WildBill wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:
gigag04 wrote:Careful in the shower after OC. Water reactivates the OC, and gravity pulls the water down...you have to get creative to keep it away from....sensitive areas.
I be lean over and wear underwear in shower. I will do both.
"rlol"
nightmare69 wrote:Dang smart phones. I need to start reading my post before I hit submit.
I can tell you a lot of worse things I have acidently sent and it isn't funny.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 35

Post by mojo84 »

carlson1 wrote:
WildBill wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:
gigag04 wrote:Careful in the shower after OC. Water reactivates the OC, and gravity pulls the water down...you have to get creative to keep it away from....sensitive areas.
"rlol"
nightmare69 wrote:Dang smart phones. I need to start reading my post before I hit submit.

I'm surprised the grammar police didn't come throw you in solitary confinement for that one.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 21

Post by gigag04 »

mojo84 wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
WildBill wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:
"rlol"

I'm surprised the grammar police didn't come throw you in solitary confinement for that one.
Still have no idea what he meant.....
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I plan on leaning over while washing my face with the water hose then when I get home to take a shower I will wear underwear to prevent any residue from going south. These are tips I've heard from others who have been hit with OC.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Here you go, Im on the far right. Hit with 500K OC spray, sucked.

[youtube][/youtube]

Never want to go through that again. What scares me is if Im fighting with someone and another officer uses his 5 million gel spray and gets both of us. I could not see or hardly breath for a good 10mins so how can you still fight? Guess in a life or death situation you will find a way. Took a shower when I got home and reactivated it on my face and got some more in my eyes, fun day.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 21

Post by gigag04 »

Man you guys got out easy! We had to get sprayed with a full 3 seconds of spray while talking with our mouths open, then wipe out what we could and fight a guy in a padded suit and then defend against someone trying to get your duty pistol for 30 seconds. Only then could we wash off.

You'll get mad enough to fight....trust me.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

mojo84
Posts in topic: 35

Post by mojo84 »

Saw a cop on the show, cops, spray a guy and he got a good dose himself. He fought through it and got the guy cuffed with a little help from a passerby. Didn't look like fun but when your life is on the line it's amazing what you can do.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I could barley pry my eyes open to flush them out and we had the water based OC cause the instructor did not want to be out there for 5hrs while we tried to wash off the oil base.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Keith B »

nightmare69 wrote: What scares me is if Im fighting with someone and another officer uses his 5 million gel spray and gets both of us. I could not see or hardly breath for a good 10mins so how can you still fight? Guess in a life or death situation you will find a way. Took a shower when I got home and reactivated it on my face and got some more in my eyes, fun day.
OC gel is actually a little better in the fact it doesn't disperse as bad in the wind and will go to its intended target better so not as likely to get a indirect dose.

Before OC we had CS which was a aerosol spray and it would travel like crazy in the wind. We had a call to a small tavern on the east side of town for an unruly patron who was fighting with everyone. Another officer had already made it into the bar and was trying to subdue the subject. I was riding with another officer that day and when we arrived we headed up the sidewalk to the door. I was in front and had just passed the front window that had a window fan in it. The officer inside sprayed a big dose of CS at the subject just as I passed and it got sucked out of the window and right into the face of my partner. By the time I got inside the first officer was cuffing the guy and I could hear my partner coughing and gagging behind me. I didn't realize what had happened and he couldn't talk, but I knew immediately he had taken a big shot from his runny nose, red face and teared up eyes. I took him over behind the bar and grabbed the water dispenser and started flushing his eyes with it. It took a good 10 minutes of flushing before he was able to even see again. Needless to say he finished up the rest of the shift at the station in civvies answering the phone. :lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I feel his pain Keith. I know now why cops say they would rather ride the lighting then get sprayed with OC again. We could only use the water hoses for about 3mins then it was time for the next 5 people to go. I had a bottle of saline contact solution and walked over in the shade and flushed my eyes out. Every minute got a little better, the worst for me was having trouble breathing. The entire fire academy was out there laughing also. I filmed the last 2 groups and the wind shifted when he sprayed and you hear everyone go "oh my God I got it again". The mist got my entire left side of my face and my neck.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

nightmare69 wrote:Here you go, Im on the far right. Hit with 500K OC spray, sucked.

[youtube][/youtube]

Never want to go through that again. What scares me is if Im fighting with someone and another officer uses his 5 million gel spray and gets both of us. I could not see or hardly breath for a good 10mins so how can you still fight? Guess in a life or death situation you will find a way. Took a shower when I got home and reactivated it on my face and got some more in my eyes, fun day.
That was a quick spray.

When the instructor did me, he did me thoroughly. It was about 3 hours and after LOTS of water washing before I was fit to drive home.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Excaliber wrote: That was a quick spray.

When the instructor did me, he did me thoroughly. It was about 3 hours and after LOTS of water washing before I was fit to drive home.
Thank God it was quick and the instructor thought he would run out halfway through and he had a new bottle ready to go just in case. I got it twice when the wind shifted though. We only had 2 water hoses and 39 people so it was a problem cause I needed to continue to flush my eyes for a few more minutes.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

nightmare69 wrote:
Excaliber wrote: That was a quick spray.

Thank God it was quick and the instructor thought he would run out halfway through and he had a new bottle ready to go just in case. I got it twice when the wind shifted though. We only had 2 water hoses and 39 people so it was a problem cause I needed to continue to flush my eyes for a few more minutes.
If you ever have to do it again, bring a few water bottles with the pop up tops that you can use independently of the hose.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

We are good for life unless I had to go through the academy again. We did a few hours of lecture and took a written test then go through level 1 contamination. We are good to go. I will keep a few bottles if water in the patrol car just in case.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”