We are doomed when a cat can hold a family hostage.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

We are doomed when a cat can hold a family hostage.

Post by Jumping Frog »

http://news.yahoo.com/house-cat-oregon- ... NlYwNzcg--

A 22 pound house cat attacked a 7 month old baby and kept a family barricaded in a bed room until police responded and subdued it. While 22 pounds is a big cat, We are doomed if people can't figure out how to handle that situation without the police. :shock:

That cat would have found itself in a pillowcase and dropped into my backyard pool. Nothing would have messed with my kids when they were babies. I don't need the police to take care of business.

Of course, the above is all theoretical because I would never have a cat in my house anyway. Had roommates that had cats 30+ years ago. That was enough for me.
Last edited by Jumping Frog on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Re: We are doomed when a cat can hold a family hostage.

Post by Jumping Frog »

If you thought I was overly pessimistic thinking we are doomed, following up to this already absurd situation, the Left Coast solution is to provide psychiatric help to the cat.

:smilelol5: "rlol"

Couple That Called 911 on Attacking Cat Plans to Get It Help
The Oregon owners of a 22-pound housecat that trapped them in their bedroom after attacking their baby say they're not giving up on their pet and are getting it medical attention and therapy.

Two days after police arrived to subdue the 4-year-old part-Himalayan cat, owner Lee Palmer of Portland said he's taking the feline to a veterinarian. A pet psychologist also is due at the house to see the cat, named Lux.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

jmra
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jmra »

Jumping Frog wrote:If you thought I was overly pessimistic thinking we are doomed, following up to this already absurd situation, the Left Coast solution is to provide psychiatric help to the cat.

:smilelol5: "rlol"

Couple That Called 911 on Attacking Cat Plans to Get It Help
The Oregon owners of a 22-pound housecat that trapped them in their bedroom after attacking their baby say they're not giving up on their pet and are getting it medical attention and therapy.

Two days after police arrived to subdue the 4-year-old part-Himalayan cat, owner Lee Palmer of Portland said he's taking the feline to a veterinarian. A pet psychologist also is due at the house to see the cat, named Lux.
I would introduce that 22 lb cat to a .22LR.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jbarn
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jbarn »

Those people have to have mental illness
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

One good kick and that cat would have been taken care of. 22 lbs hitting the wall could do some damage. To my wall that is, don't much care about cats....

A side story.... We had a cat about 10 years ago. That darn thing would jump up on the table and counters and knock over the kids cups just to do it. I took a bug zapper apart and wound the shock coil around the outside of it. At about 2:30 in the morning, we heard the cat scream and start tearing though the house. Found the cat under the bed in a big fluff ball. He never did try to knock over cups again....
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Jumping Frog wrote:Nothing would have messed with my kids when they were babies. I don't need the police to take care of business.
Yeah, no kidding. We used to have a 130lb dog who, while in the presence of my parents, dared to growl at my mom... once... Amazingly smart creatures, dogs are. If you grab them by the underside of their neck and flip them up over their hind legs onto their back, they can even understand threats made in english! I miss that dog... very loyal and protective, once we sorted out whose toys he was playing with.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Diesel42

Post by Diesel42 »

I instinctively did the same thing to a rescue dog several years ago. Surprised the heck out of him. Never had any problems after that either.
Happy Trails! N

Dave2 wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:Nothing would have messed with my kids when they were babies. I don't need the police to take care of business.
Yeah, no kidding. We used to have a 130lb dog who, while in the presence of my parents, dared to growl at my mom... once... Amazingly smart creatures, dogs are. If you grab them by the underside of their neck and flip them up over their hind legs onto their back, they can even understand threats made in english! I miss that dog... very loyal and protective, once we sorted out whose toys he was playing with.
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

pcernuch

Post by pcernuch »

pathetic.

god bless.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

But, it was a vicious mean cat.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:But, it was a vicious mean cat.
The key word here should be "was". Evidently that is not the case.

Place cat here > :smash:
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

HKMike

Post by HKMike »

I hope the child can be saved. At some point natural selection will take care of the parents.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

[quote="jmra]
I would introduce that 22 lb cat to a .22LR.[/quote]
No gun needed. Grab cat. Cat, meet the wall. Meet the other wall. Meet the floor. Repeat as necessary.

Yeah, you might get scratched, but it isn't like he is going to kill you. I like pets and feel many of them are almost family, but they have to earn that place and stuff like this isn't tolerated.

jmra

Post by jmra »

MechAg94 wrote:[quote="jmra]
I would introduce that 22 lb cat to a .22LR.
No gun needed. Grab cat. Cat, meet the wall. Meet the other wall. Meet the floor. Repeat as necessary.

Yeah, you might get scratched, but it isn't like he is going to kill you. I like pets and feel many of them are almost family, but they have to earn that place and stuff like this isn't tolerated.[/quote][/quote]
My method is much more humane.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

karder

Post by karder »

I like cats and have had a couple of really cool ones. Any animal that is going to live in your home and be a part of your family needs training. These guys obviously don't know how to deal with the cat, have not set rules, and need to give the cat to a better home.
In about 15 years, they will be locked in their bedroom with that kid threatening them from the other side of the door. Dad needs to put on his pants and get control of the home situation.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Cats are wonderful creatures.

We have two that I love dearly.

One is a Manx who loves water so much that when I head into the shower he joins me.

All our cats have been rescued primarily by me.

Return to “Off-Topic”