Police Academy Adventures

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 193

Re: Police Academy Adventures

Post by nightmare69 »

Auto correct on my iPhone for ya.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 35

Post by mojo84 »

nightmare69 wrote:Auto correct on my iPhone for ya.
"Smartphone"? I hear you. Mine makes me look like a complete illiterate sometimes.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Lol.

Transportation code this week, no test over it till crash investigations weeks though.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 17

Post by srothstein »

Don't let anyone tell you that chapter 5454 is all you need. The chapters on registration and driver's licenses are very important. And pay particular attention to the chapters on required equipment and measurements (like how high a truck can be lifted).

There are also some interesting little laws on bicycles and animal drawn vehicles in other chapters.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

We got to go over it all, you know how it is.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

srothstein wrote:Don't let anyone tell you that chapter 5454 is all you need. The chapters on registration and driver's licenses are very important. And pay particular attention to the chapters on required equipment and measurements (like how high a truck can be lifted).

There are also some interesting little laws on bicycles and animal drawn vehicles in other chapters.
I wholeheartedly agree with Steve here.

These are tools that are invaluable in the street.

He who knows the law can act competently and with confidence. He who doesn't know the law.....well.....you can see where that goes.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I'm paying attention taking my notes. Just a lot to take in. Next week we have patrol procedures and we have a night exercise were we will stay till midnight then have to be back by 8am. Going to be a bunch of sleepy heads the next day in class.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

BTW, where can I find a new glock 17 on the cheap? What are the websites that sell firearms to LEO at a discount?
5/20-Plastic in hand.

jmra
Posts in topic: 13

Post by jmra »

nightmare69 wrote:BTW, where can I find a new glock 17 on the cheap? What are the websites that sell firearms to LEO at a discount?
GT distributors
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

jmra wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:BTW, where can I find a new glock 17 on the cheap? What are the websites that sell firearms to LEO at a discount?
GT distributors
Sweet thanks. Found out I qualify for the LE discount being a academy cadet. I wanted a gen 3 glock 17 but only see gen 4s.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

nightmare69 wrote:
jmra wrote:
GT distributors
Sweet thanks. Found out I qualify for the LE discount being a academy cadet. I wanted a gen 3 glock 17 but only see gen 4s.
Try gunbroker.com. No LE discount but good prices and in many cases no sales tax.

You can also try the larger gun shows where multiple dealers are competing with one another for business. Glocks are everywhere and some deals can be found, especially when you're willing to go a generation behind the current one.

Another thought would be to put up a "Want to Buy Gen3 Glock 17" thread on this forum. Someone may have one they're willing to part with at a price that's fair to both of you.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

nightmare69 wrote:
jmra wrote:
GT distributors

You can't beat the price :thumbs2:

If the academy allows it, the nylon gear is WAY more comfortable then the leather. I've worn the Bianchi for years and years. I also have a back brace from backupbrace.com. . Looks lame, but really helps with the weight of the gun belt.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

The academy supplies all our gear for firearms. I'm taking about getting my gear together for when I go to work at a county. Most all counties around here require you to buy all your gear.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Would like to have a Sig P226 but not spending $800 on my duty weapon, a glock will have to do.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

ELB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ELB »

nightmare69 wrote:
jmra wrote:
GT distributors
I would call them directly and ask. When I bought a G19 in December at the Austin store, they had G17s and G19s in both Gen 3 and Gen 4 iterations.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”