January 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

dcarter
Posts in topic: 10

Re: January 2014

Post by dcarter »

N2rock wrote:
dcarter wrote:
N2rock wrote:y'all are really discouraging me. I submitted online on 1/2. My status has not changed at all :???:
you and me both ... I submitted electronically on 1/6/14 and NOTHING. I called them today and they said they were missing my CHL 100 but uploaded that with the other docs they show to already have!!! SO FRUSTRATING!!! :mad5
ugghh... Sounds like I need to make a phone call today :???:
Calling is such a crap shoot! I called again this morning and actually talked to someone that seemed to KNOW what he was talking about. He told me they did indeed have all the forms (so yesterday's comments about my missing CHL-100 was bogus) and he also said they were currently "keying" applications received during the Jan 1 - Jan 15 period. Which, if they don't do them in order but rather out of a common bucket, would kind of make sense why some are updating and others are not. Don't get me wrong, nothing about this process would survive in the commercial world ... but I did feel better when he told me they had everthing needed (small victory ... very small).

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RetNavy »

galax83061 wrote:
RetNavy wrote:
RetNavy wrote:emailed all forms in 14 Jan 2014, checked status 17 Feb 2014 showing still waiting for receipt of required documents... sent a nice email asking for a update 19 Feb, no answer back just a receipt confirmation that they received my email..checked status this morning

License Status: Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress. Show receipt

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Proof of Special Condition : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

hopefully will be soon
just checked status again today......

shows.........

Background Check : Completed
Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing Pending
So it took one day?
first quote was Monday, second quote manufacturing pending was Tuesday, Wednesday status is showing mailed.... pretty soon will be the mandatory Wally walk :clapping:
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

galax83061
Posts in topic: 17

Post by galax83061 »

RetNavy wrote:
galax83061 wrote:
RetNavy wrote:
RetNavy wrote:emailed all forms in 14 Jan 2014, checked status 17 Feb 2014 showing still waiting for receipt of required documents... sent a nice email asking for a update 19 Feb, no answer back just a receipt confirmation that they received my email..checked status this morning

License Status: Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress. Show receipt

Proof of Special Condition : Received

hopefully will be soon
just checked status again today......

shows.........

Background Check : Completed
Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing Pending
So it took one day?
first quote was Monday, second quote manufacturing pending was Tuesday, Wednesday status is showing mailed.... pretty soon will be the mandatory Wally walk :clapping:

Congrats on your mailed plastic. Mine showed under review yesterday and still shows the same today. I hope they are just not updating the system right and mine is in the mail. (crossed fingers)

N2rock
Posts in topic: 15

Post by N2rock »

dcarter wrote:
N2rock wrote:
dcarter wrote:
N2rock wrote:y'all are really discouraging me. I submitted online on 1/2. My status has not changed at all :???:
you and me both ... I submitted electronically on 1/6/14 and NOTHING. I called them today and they said they were missing my CHL 100 but uploaded that with the other docs they show to already have!!! SO FRUSTRATING!!! :mad5
ugghh... Sounds like I need to make a phone call today :???:
Calling is such a crap shoot! I called again this morning and actually talked to someone that seemed to KNOW what he was talking about. He told me they did indeed have all the forms (so yesterday's comments about my missing CHL-100 was bogus) and he also said they were currently "keying" applications received during the Jan 1 - Jan 15 period. Which, if they don't do them in order but rather out of a common bucket, would kind of make sense why some are updating and others are not. Don't get me wrong, nothing about this process would survive in the commercial world ... but I did feel better when he told me they had everthing needed (small victory ... very small).
I tried to call today, and got a recording stating that due to the high volume of calls, no one was available to take my call, and then disconnected me :roll: So I used the online form and asked the question. Guess I'll give it a couple days- Monday will be 60 days. So I'll try again on Monday.

Down Zero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Down Zero »

New here.

Completed CHL class 01/04/14
Fingerprints 01/06/14
Submitted CHL application by MAIL 01/07/14
Never received any email that docs received from DPS/RSD

On or about 01/24/2014, Status changed to: "License Status: Application process in progress. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page."

On 02/20,2014, Status changed noting background check had begun.

On 02/24/2014 Background check completed, Manufacture of my card starting

On morning of 02/25/2014, CHL mailed.

As I live in Cedar Park, I bet I get it today, 02/27/2014. If I do then that would be 51 days, mailbox to mailbox. Not bad. If I had sent the materials in online, I would likely have my CHL in hand by now.

Tally ho!

jmra
Posts in topic: 35

Post by jmra »

Down Zero wrote:New here.

Completed CHL class 01/04/14
Fingerprints 01/06/14
Submitted CHL application by MAIL 01/07/14
Never received any email that docs received from DPS/RSD

On or about 01/24/2014, Status changed to: "License Status: Application process in progress. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page."

On 02/20,2014, Status changed noting background check had begun.

On 02/24/2014 Background check completed, Manufacture of my card starting

On morning of 02/25/2014, CHL mailed.

As I live in Cedar Park, I bet I get it today, 02/27/2014. If I do then that would be 51 days, mailbox to mailbox. Not bad. If I had sent the materials in online, I would likely have my CHL in hand by now.

Tally ho!
Congrats - welcome to the forum.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Brockech
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Brockech »

Okay guys, I am gonna call bull on the 11:00pm site update time. I have been in Background Check status since sometime Friday morning (2/21), which was my very first status update.

I have since checked everyday multiple times a day.

Last night at 11:30pm I was still in BG, as of 7:25 this morning I am now in Manufacturing Pending. WOOHOO!!!!!!

I will conceed the update occurs overnight, but to nail it down to 11:00pm I believe is incorrect.

Just an FYI...I know that may sound petty but when I am staying up later than usual just to see if I got an update it is a little frustrating to find out the time was not correct.
Online Registration: 12/30/13
Fingerprinted: 01/06/14
Packet Uploaded: 01/13/14
Documents confirmed received: 01/13/14
System updated: 02/21/2014
Card Mailed: 03/01/2014
Card Received: 03/07/2014

xxTheMechanicxx
Posts in topic: 4

Post by xxTheMechanicxx »

Hello everyone. New guy here. Figured I'd post my timeline.
1/11 CHL class
1/13 Packet in the mail
2/27 first status update. All items received, Background under review

I've been checking that site 3 times a day. I'm super stoked.

manbearpig

Post by manbearpig »

Been on "Mailed" for two days. The suspenseful wait is killing me. :totap: :leaving :eek6
Application sent - 1/12/2014
First update/manufacturing pending - 2/25/2014
Updated to mailed - 2/25/2014
Card received in mail - 3/1/2014

"There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people."

jroddy187
Posts in topic: 10

Post by jroddy187 »

manbearpig wrote:Been on "Mailed" for two days. The suspenseful wait is killing me. :totap: :leaving :eek6

Hey mine is still sitting on BG check. I feel like I am waiting for them to tell me I have a warrant somewhere...

manbearpig

Post by manbearpig »

jroddy187 wrote:Hey mine is still sitting on BG check. I feel like I am waiting for them to tell me I have a warrant somewhere...
That's weird. Mine was on BG check for less than a day; a few hours total. Maybe because I have no priors and I'm 21 with only one moving violation so the process was faster. idk.
Application sent - 1/12/2014
First update/manufacturing pending - 2/25/2014
Updated to mailed - 2/25/2014
Card received in mail - 3/1/2014

"There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people."

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

last status on my was Wednesday, showed it MAILED..... since it only need to across the whole state figured it might show up today.... checked mail this morning nope....:( later on got this bight thought in my head is maybe.... just maybe i could be a day behind on mail.... sure enough checked box again and sure enough there was more mail in it.... Lo and behold....... no plastic...... oh well.... tomorrow is another day

application submitted 3 Jan 2014
fingerprinted 8 Jan 2014
CHL class 11 Jan 2014
Application e-mailed 14 Jan 2014
Status update 24 Feb,25 Feb, 26 Feb.
plastic received not yet
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

N2rock
Posts in topic: 15

Post by N2rock »

Mine will be 60 days on Monday, status still says "awaiting materials". I called today and after holding for 25 minutes, finally got someone. All she would tell me was that they had my materials and was awaiting review, and that it typically takes 90 days for these to process... I wanted to call bull since there's so many here already receiving that were put in after mine. So I told her that I had a "friend" that had submitted 2 weeks after me, and he already had his back. She told me that was very unusual that he got it so fast because they are on a 90 day pace with all right now :roll: And told me to call back after 90 days if I still didn't have it :banghead:

So I got nowhere.

LivewireBlanco
Posts in topic: 9

Post by LivewireBlanco »

LivewireBlanco wrote:Woo! Sent application online on January 13 and today I got the good ol':

:hurry:
Background check complete today 2/27!

scissorhands
Posts in topic: 1

Post by scissorhands »

Sent everything Jan 3. Received my CHL 2-27 (today)

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”