Police Academy Adventures

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

WildBill
Posts in topic: 53

Re: Police Academy Adventures

Post by WildBill »

nightmare69 wrote:Learned about family violence today and how men getting abused is no long uncommon but still under reported. Interesting day, saw a video of a woman beating the poop out of her husband all caught on hidden camera. Learned that abuse happens from the ghetto to the mansions, all races, all walks of life. 75% of women who leave an abusive spouse will either be severely hurt or killed. Learned what to look for going to a DV call ect.
What happens to those that stay?
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 193

Post by nightmare69 »

WildBill wrote:What happens to those that stay?
Thats the problem, most choose to stay. Top reasons are....I still love him, its for the children, he didn't mean it, it was my fault, and so on. The ones that stay just endure more abuse that seems to snowball and gets worse. They showed us pictures of local LEOs that were arrest and convicted of assault family violence.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

nightmare69 wrote:
Thats the problem, most choose to stay. Top reasons are....I still love him, its for the children, he didn't mean it, it was my fault, and so on. The ones that stay just endure more abuse that seems to snowball and gets worse. They showed us pictures of local LEOs that were arrest and convicted of assault family violence.
Sorry, are they saying that 75% get hurt or killed after they leave?
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

WildBill wrote: Sorry, are they saying that 75% get hurt or killed after they leave?
Yes. Some men went to prison and when the got out first thing they did was track down their ex and kill or severely injure them. Quite a few stories in Texas about this very thing. Its all about power and control.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

nightmare69 wrote:
WildBill wrote: Sorry, are they saying that 75% get hurt or killed after they leave?
Yes. Some men went to prison and when the got out first thing they did was track down their ex and kill or severely injure them. Quite a few stories in Texas about this very thing. Its all about power and control.
Very scary stuff! :shock:
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

nightmare69 wrote:
I used to see this when I was in the ER. Police come to arrest the husband because the social worker calls them and reports an obvious case of domestic abuse, and the woman defends her husband and begs police not to arrest him. The scary ones are the ones where the wife is crazed with fear of the husband and begging staff and police to keep him away from her, and the husband appears to be the most rational, kind, caring, and concerned husband you could imagine. Is she crazy? Is he a master sociopath? Are her injuries self-inflicted, or did he savagely beat her? Those ones are difficult.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

nightmare69 wrote:Learned about family violence today and how men getting abused is no long uncommon but still under reported. Interesting day, saw a video of a woman beating the poop out of her husband all caught on hidden camera. Learned that abuse happens from the ghetto to the mansions, all races, all walks of life. 75% of women who leave an abusive spouse will either be severely hurt or killed. Learned what to look for going to a DV call ect.

Wait till you have to take DV calls on a daily basis :banghead: My first knock down drag out fight was at a DV..the guy fought, with his wife AND girlfriend sitting on the couch watching "rlol"

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

texanjoker wrote:

Wait till you have to take DV calls on a daily basis :banghead: My first knock down drag out fight was at a DV..the guy fought, with his wife AND girlfriend sitting on the couch watching "rlol"
You're lucky that they were sitting and not swinging cast iron skillets at your skull. :evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

texanjoker wrote:

They now call them "family violence" calls today.

This week schedule is.....Crisis Intervention, Mental Health Code, Family Violence and Related Assaultive Offenses; TABC.

This is going to be a hard test that the lady instructor said WILL weed some people out. Will be fill in the blank and multiple guess questions. Pray for me.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Had TABC today taught by a local TABC agent, learned some cool stuff like...It is perfectly legal for a parent to order drinks for their minor child in a restaurant and let them drink them. As far as TABC goes, parking lot is included in the premises. Funny how terms can differ when referring to different laws like child, premises, ect.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

nightmare69 wrote:Had TABC today taught by a local TABC agent, learned some cool stuff like...It is perfectly legal for a parent to order drinks for their minor child in a restaurant and let them drink them. As far as TABC goes, parking lot is included in the premises. Funny how terms can differ when referring to different laws like child, premises, ect.
I knew the part about the minor child and parent. I found that out when a friend took the TABC test for serving in a restaurant. I don't know of any other state that has that.

When I was a kid we would have a small amount [a sip really] of wine on Thanksgiving and Christmas at home. I always wondered if my parents could get arrested for that.
etc :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

nightmare69 wrote:Had TABC today taught by a local TABC agent, learned some cool stuff like...It is perfectly legal for a parent to order drinks for their minor child in a restaurant and let them drink them. As far as TABC goes, parking lot is included in the premises. Funny how terms can differ when referring to different laws like child, premises, ect.

Yup very true. CPS gets up in arms over this, but the law is the law.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

WildBill wrote: knew the part about the minor child and parent. I found that out when a friend took the TABC test for serving in a restaurant. I don't know of any other state that has that.

When I was a kid we would have a small amount [a sip really] of wine on Thanksgiving and Christmas at home. I always wondered if my parents could get arrested for that.
etc :thumbs2:
My dad would give me a sip every now and then in a restaurant. Even though the law pretty much says you can get your 10yr old child hammered drunk at Roadhouse, I doubt many parents with more than 3 brain cells have done so. I hope not.

TxLobo wrote:
Olive Garden claims that this is a violation of their store policy and will not serve the adult.. I offered to call TABC for them but they declined..
Policy and law often times differ. I know a few PDs that won't arrest a person in violation of a Temporary Ex Parte Order or Temporary Protective Order. Law says peace officers MAY arrest but some depts do not want to get involved.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

TomV
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TomV »

I've let my 14 y/o have a glass of wine when out to eat several times.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”