October Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

txrigger
Posts in topic: 3

Re: October Applications

Post by txrigger »

Day 90 and still waiting. Was hoping to get it before the 100 day mark but that looks unlikely.

texsanlaura
Posts in topic: 9

Post by texsanlaura »

Mailed today!!
:hurry: :anamatedbanana

Submitted all documents online: 10/17/13
Mailed: 1/29/14

Total Time between those: 104 days.

Hopefully I will get it this week!

cmtexas
Posts in topic: 11

Post by cmtexas »

texsanlaura wrote:Mailed today!!
:hurry: :anamatedbanana

Submitted all documents online: 10/17/13
Mailed: 1/29/14

Total Time between those: 104 days.

Hopefully I will get it this week!
Congrats!!!!

Slobber
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Slobber »

Congrats!!

How many people other then me are still waiting?

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 25

Post by TomsTXCHL »

Slobber wrote:How many people other then me are still waiting?
Slobber both myself and my spousal unit are still waiting. In my case they lost/overlooked my CHL-100 submittal and so I had to send it in again. In my wife's case her application is still in un-updated i.e. "waiting on requested materials" status and although I assume this is for the same problem I had (failure to use the UPLOAD button properly thus the CHL-100 doc became electronically separated from the original application submission) she has not followed-up with the DPS so dunno what's wrong exactly yet.

Slobber
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Slobber »

sorry to hear about your trouble. I just hope were getting close.

samttu

Post by samttu »

still waiting on an update for mine as well...application submitted on 10/22 and documents mailed 10/25. Resent docs via email in January. No updates on my status. When I call them make you feel like an idiot for even bothering them. it is ridiculous how dysfunctional this dept is. I am not sure what my options are, other than to wait...because that is essentially what they tell you to do when you call. Any suggestions on what I should do next?

:waiting:

texsanlaura

Post by texsanlaura »

still waiting on an update for mine as well...application submitted on 10/22 and documents mailed 10/25. Resent docs via email in January. No updates on my status. When I call them make you feel like an idiot for even bothering them. it is ridiculous how dysfunctional this dept is. I am not sure what my options are, other than to wait...because that is essentially what they tell you to do when you call. Any suggestions on what I should do next?

:waiting:
Sam, you need to call your state representative. Let them know what is going on, and they will help you.

Also, did you happen to submit yours online?
When I finally got a call from dps (YES, they called me!) they told me that their online system was so overloaded in october that some applications were just lost and not accepted by the server.

texsanlaura

Post by texsanlaura »

Also...got mine in the mail yesterday!!
I submitted my application and the required documents online on 10/17...

Didn't do a wally walk...but did the "target tango"

Jweaver
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Jweaver »

Alright, I kind of got a new up date yesterday. My background check has been delayed do to non full disclosure of a possibly disqualifying conviction. I'm kind of upset about that one. Dps requested court documents stating the level of the and the final out come of the charge. I was arrested in Ellis county for a DUI minor class c misdameanor in 2010 at the age of 18. I got the documents stating I was given deferred and that I completed my probation.

I have two questions if anyone can help

Will this be a disqualifying charge or conviction?

I could have sworn that during the apication process it asked to list convictions from class b to felony levels. Does anyone else remember it that away?

smokejensen

Post by smokejensen »

Jweaver wrote:Alright, I kind of got a new up date yesterday. My background check has been delayed do to non full disclosure of a possibly disqualifying conviction. I'm kind of upset about that one. Dps requested court documents stating the level of the and the final out come of the charge. I was arrested in Ellis county for a DUI minor class c misdameanor in 2010 at the age of 18. I got the documents stating I was given deferred and that I completed my probation.

I have two questions if anyone can help

Will this be a disqualifying charge or conviction?

I could have sworn that during the apication process it asked to list convictions from class b to felony levels. Does anyone else remember it that away?

Go here.
http://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms/Forms/CHL-16.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Then search for
GC §411.174. APPLICATION and
GC §411.172. ELIGIBILITY

A class C misdemeanor is not disqualifying but you do need to list all arrests.
I don't know why they make you list everything when they have it all at their fingertips. Obviously they found it. It seems like a backhanded move to make you waste your time and money. But if you want their permission slip you have jump through their hoops. The part that really sucks is that they now have 180 days to complete your application.
I hope this helps
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

samttu

Post by samttu »

Application completed online, and the rest of the documents were mailed usps. I have since resubmitted electronically....

samttu

Post by samttu »

Application completed online, and the rest of the documents were mailed usps. I have since resubmitted electronically...

Josias
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Josias »

Hope your application gets approved man. Sorry to hear that.

Jweaver
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Jweaver »

Smokejensen, I appreciate that information and also especially apreciate you taking the time to find the exact location. I looked at the index for like five minutes before I went back and seen you had already found the related writing. I apriciate that. Well I'm about 130+ days in so now I'll be looking at close to a year. I'm glad I'm allowed to keep protection in my truck until then at least. ;-)

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”